Sponsored

Launch Green - Come on Rivian, Pictures Please!

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
speaking of limited numbers, has anybody heard if the LE option is already sold out. I saw someone comment in another thread when they talked to Rivian Rep that the LE‘s are sold out.

So I did not want to make any changes in case it is sold out.
Not true, change away.
Sponsored

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet

cwinters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S LE
I went with forest green too. But could change out later to el cap granite. I configured mine as the LE, Launch Green, 22” wheels, with Ocean interior.

depending on the limited numbers it could be a collectors item years later.

speaking of limited numbers, has anybody heard if the LE option is already sold out. I saw someone comment in another thread when they talked to Rivian Rep that the LE‘s are sold out.

So I did not want to make any changes in case it is sold out.
No you can open the configurator, pick around, and if you don't want to save changes, just click on your name in the upper right. it'll take you out.

I've configured a Forest Green/Ocean on 22s, but am thinking of changing to Launch Green/Forest Edge on 20's (maybe Blacked out). The Forest/Ocean R1S seems like it'll be common given that's the one they show all the time (it is a sharp Range Rover killer). The Launch Green/Forest Edge is definitely swaying more Defender or Jeep.

Decisions Decisions

Rivian R1T R1S Launch Green - Come on Rivian, Pictures Please! 1605840401115

Rivian R1T R1S Launch Green - Come on Rivian, Pictures Please! 1605840411119

Rivian R1T R1S Launch Green - Come on Rivian, Pictures Please! 1605840422528

Rivian R1T R1S Launch Green - Come on Rivian, Pictures Please! 1605840434530

Rivian R1T R1S Launch Green - Come on Rivian, Pictures Please! 1605840446927

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Rivian R1T LE
Do you think the blue would be bad in texas summers?

I live in north texas and I was thinking about getting the blue. The thing that concerned me was the panoramic roof.

I have a grand cherokee now, with the larger sun roof, black interior and black exterior.. it gets really hot and ill usually keep the roof vented and start my car before going anywhere to let the ac pre cool for a bit.

I'm concerned that the rivian won't have as vibrant of an AC/heating system as ICE counter parts. Granted, I've never owned an EV, I've only heard that they're hvac systems are not as powerful as those in ICE vehicles.
Go white. We don’t need two Dans with blue Rivians in Dallas. ;)

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
No you can open the configurator, pick around, and if you don't want to save changes, just click on your name in the upper right. it'll take you out.

I've configured a Forest Green/Ocean on 22s, but am thinking of changing to Launch Green/Forest Edge on 20's (maybe Blacked out). The Forest/Ocean R1S seems like it'll be common given that's the one they show all the time (it is a sharp Range Rover killer). The Launch Green/Forest Edge is definitely swaying more Defender or Jeep.

Decisions Decisions

1605840401115.png

1605840411119.png

1605840422528.png

1605840434530.png

1605840446927.png
You and I are in the exact same boat. You nailed it the comparison

Launch Green/Forest edge will have the cool factor - Defender/Bronco
Forest Green/Ocean will have the ahh factor - Range Rover

Sponsored

GoWest!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & R1S
I live in thickly forested hills near the California coast. Douglas fir, Redwood, Madrone, and all manner of oaks. Since Launch Green has made its appearance, I started paying more attention to the riot of greens surrounding me, in sunlight, shade, and various overlapping and interwoven patterns. As I have, Launch Green and its various shades, tones and hues has really grown on me.

So that's how I configured and I even went with a Forest Edge interior. The contrasts and complements of greens where I live moved me to double up on green. But, who knows? Real life and CGI renders may be quite another thing.
I actually went through a similar thought process and have the same configuration with 22” wheels. Being in the PNW, you really do vibe with the trees and the outdoors...RIP that poor guy that was tagged.
Rivian R1T R1S Launch Green - Come on Rivian, Pictures Please! 1605907454579

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
I was talking with Rivian CS today. After today the Launch Green may not be a choice when the public has access to the configurator.
I guess we will see come Monday.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
I was talking with Rivian CS today. After today the Launch Green may not be a choice when the public has access to the configurator.
I guess we will see come Monday.
They shared a post today saying that the LE is no longer available. No LE vehicles means no launch green color

FPK1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition
Occupation
Retired
I emailed Rivian customer service and asked them when I would be able to see the colors in person to make an educated final decision on color and they replied:

"I understand if you can't decide- both are great color options! We can't wait to get you up close. We're working on making events and viewing experiences available as soon as we can do so in a safe manner. We also hope to have much more content available on our Webpage in the coming months to give you a better look at the color combinations. We'll announce more details about events and vehicle experiences in the coming months. Stay tuned!"

Sponsored

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
I imagine if you’ve configured and secured a LE you can change it to any color (to include Launch Green) until committal day.

It would be TERRIBLE form to offer your pre-investors early access and then lock the color out, especially when the whole process was supposed to be non-committal at this point.

entropychef

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Well, my best guess at Launch Green, desaturated Forest Green...best guess. If anyone working at Rivian can give me the color code, I'd appreciate it. Customer requested this, and this thread is best I can come up with. I'm certain of my order for Blue R1T color, just not the launch colors. :)

Rivian R1T R1S Launch Green - Come on Rivian, Pictures Please! rivian-r1S-Launch-Green

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
It will be interesting to see how close Launch Green is to the Dark Moss available on the Kia Telluride. I've seen a couple of Tellurides in this color lately and am finding that I might like this color more than I initially thought.

Last edited:

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
It will be interesting to see how close Launch Green is to the Dark Moss available on the Kia Telluride. I've seen a couple of Tellurides in this color lately and am finding that I might like this color more than I initially thought.
Just checked out a few videos and I agree, Dark Moss looks very similar to Launch Green. Maybe it's just a tad brighter, but we do know that LG is a metallic color so perhaps it will look even closer to Dark Moss in person. Here's a video for others wanting to check out the color (also love the butterscotch interior on this one):

I was leaning Launch Green before, but this makes me feel more confident in that choice! LG is one of the colors (along with the greys and blacks) that is also best suited to a satin/matte PPF wrap to get that army green look - good option to have down the road:

Rivian R1T R1S Launch Green - Come on Rivian, Pictures Please! 1609438906651