Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Probably not. From what is said you can’t change vehicles.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Probably not. From what is said you can’t change vehicles.

Sponsored

jdhiker23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Rivian also said we are now locked in on our model for LE. We can change color and wheels, but that’s it. You can’t switch from the truck to the SUV.

kind of bummed because I haven’t even seen the damn things in person, much less test driven one.
See the note at the bottom of your configuration summary - it says not to switch now, but they will allow it in the future.

Rivian R1T R1S Launch Editions Fully Reserved. General Public Access to Rivian Configurator Begins 11/23 @ 9AM PST Annotation 2020-11-20 201121

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
That one will probably apply to the R1T. I wish for a 5 seat 180KWh option fir the R1S, but since that's not an option I've configured the LE. If there is nothing new in the configurator about a max pack for the R1S until I need to confirm my delivery, ill prob just get the LE [ assuming the 3 deg folded seats]
Doing the same here.

photontorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Old Reliable
Has anyone heard hints about the relative timing of when we confirm our order with Rivian -- and by that I mean turn our pre-order into an official vehicle purchase -- relative to the announcement of the longer-range R1S 7-seater?

I was just assuming they wouldn't announce details of the longer-range R1S until after we had to commit to the LE configuration, but I don't really know. Rivan said they will release more details on the longer-range R1S when they get into production, but I haven't heard when we have to confirm our order.

For price reasons the mid-range pack is what we planned all along, but that decision was also easier because Rivian always said the 7-seater R1S would not have anything bigger than the mid-range pack.

Now, ta-da!, a longer-range 7 seater is possible, but it's still behind the magic curtain. Ideally Rivian would let us know about that variation before making us sign on the dotted line for the LE.

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
See the note at the bottom of your configuration summary - it says not to switch now, but they will allow it in the future.

Annotation 2020-11-20 201121.jpg
Yeah, right after I posted on here, they changed their comment.

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
Has anyone heard hints about the relative timing of when we confirm our order with Rivian -- and by that I mean turn our pre-order into an official vehicle purchase -- relative to the announcement of the longer-range R1S 7-seater?

I was just assuming they wouldn't announce details of the longer-range R1S until after we had to commit to the LE configuration, but I don't really know. Rivan said they will release more details on the longer-range R1S when they get into production, but I haven't heard when we have to confirm our order.

For price reasons the mid-range pack is what we planned all along, but that decision was also easier because Rivian always said the 7-seater R1S would not have anything bigger than the mid-range pack.

Now, ta-da!, a longer-range 7 seater is possible, but it's still behind the magic curtain. Ideally Rivian would let us know about that variation before making us sign on the dotted line for the LE.
i have not heard anything yet. Unless by some miracle it becomes available in Aug 2021, I can’t wait another year longer.

Sponsored

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
So I configured an LE R1S with almost no intention of buying it... I am expecting/hoping for more information to become available about the "Long Range" R1S before I have to sign on the dotted line. Now comes the question that if there is no new info prior to commit day do I go ahead and buy the LE with the intent to resell it. It's probably a losing proposition. Except that I would get to claim the Federal Credit but I am also paying the Taxes on the initial purchase.... Please don't get me wrong... I'm not interested in fleecing anyone or trying to fleece anyone but I certainly don't want to take a bath in the loss of a typical resell of a new/nearly new car sale... Just bored with the fact that the long range R1S isn't a thing yet so the car I want doesn't really exist as an option. Just trying to figure out how to proceed....

UT Rivian

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMWM2

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
I'm not real sure the whole point of the configuration process. Other than if you configured a Launch Edition, you can eventually order one (but can change to another configuration later).
If you did not configure a LE, you can't now switch to one. That may change if people bail on the LE that configured one "just in case".
Zero commitment to anything as far as we have been told (except maybe choosing between the R1T and R1S)

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas
I'm not real sure the whole point of the configuration process.
Agree.

Strange exercise in futility. Sure got our hopes up and blood pumping, though. Until we were done. Now it's back to "what now?"
Sponsored