Sponsored

thibbitts

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 FJ cruiser 2018 4runner
I think they plan to have all of the LE vehicles out by the end of 2021 so how many vehicles can they produce a month for that 7 month span? 2000-3000 maybe so 14-21k LEs. Does that sound reasonable?

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
Wow it took four days. Rivian did
I think they plan to have all of the LE vehicles out by the end of 2021 so how many vehicles can they produce a month for that 7 month span? 2000-3000 maybe so 14-21k LEs. Does that sound reasonable?
No, I say 5K to 10K and that might be if things go very smoothly. I think any cancellations for the LE will not be filled by anyone else.

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
Rivian also said we are now locked in on our model for LE. We can change color and wheels, but that’s it. You can’t switch from the truck to the SUV.

kind of bummed because I haven’t even seen the damn things in person, much less test driven one.

Sponsored

St Bernard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R2 2026, Prius
Wow it took four days. Rivian did

No, I say 5K to 10K and that might be if things go very smoothly. I think any cancellations for the LE will not be filled by anyone else.
Looks like total preorders were 20,000 ( if they are delivering all LE Vehicles in 2021) which is much lower than we thought. Assumptions:
1. 20% cancel rate
2. 75% of preorders customers executed this week.
3. RIVIAN can make a total of 12,000 Vehicles for 2021. This would be much higher than Tesla apparently made in their first year.

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
Rivian also said we are now locked in on our model for LE. We can change color and wheels, but that’s it. You can’t switch from the truck to the SUV.
Anyone want to test this? I’m too scared! Haha

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
Looks like total preorders were 20,000 ( if they are delivering all LE Vehicles in 2021) which is much lower than we thought. Assumptions:
1. 20% cancel rate
2. 75% of preorders customers executed this week.
3. RIVIAN can make a total of 12,000 Vehicles for 2021. This would be much higher than Tesla apparently made in their first year.
Your math assumes every pre-order was an LE, that is certainly not the case. Many of us are holdouts for the bigger battery, and some who want the less expensive Explorer package.

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
Your math assumes every pre-order was an LE, that is certainly not the case. Many of us are holdouts for the bigger battery, and some who want the less expensive Explorer package.
All comments on any forum are taken with a grain of salt. How many 12 year olds here are talking about their orders.

St Bernard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R2 2026, Prius
I assumed 75% ordered. Do you think that is high?

Sponsored

LevelHeaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM
Occupation
Financial Technology
Clubs

I would guess 50% or less of preorder holders configured LE. I say this with no hard evidence to back it up.

I’d also guess that there’s no way Rivian is delivering 20k R1S/Ts by 2022, and I don’t mean anything negative by that.

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
Thought there was a poll where it looked like about 40% went LE for each model.

St Bernard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R2 2026, Prius
I would guess 50% or less of preorder holders configured LE. I say this with no hard evidence to back it up.

I’d also guess that there’s no way Rivian is delivering 20k R1S/Ts by 2022, and I don’t mean anything negative by that.
I was assuming 12,000 which might be high.

LevelHeaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM
Occupation
Financial Technology
Clubs

You might be right which would mean they had over 30,000-35,000 preorders.
I think it’s pretty safe to assume that some nontrivial number of pre order customers have still yet to login to the configurator too. Only the very excited customers are on this forum. Many probably weren’t paying close enough attention to know that the configuration tool is even live yet. Many that don’t want the LE have no real reason to even use the configurator yet, especially if they aren’t expecting to have the vehicle until 2022 or beyond.

Basically the only people who had significant motive to configure so far were those who wanted LE or those who have sustained a high level of excitement for the product even this far out. I don’t think a survey of this forum’s user base correlates as strongly with the entirety of the preordered customer base. So it makes it really difficult to extrapolate # of pre orders or # of LE configurations!
Sponsored