Sponsored

Launch Edition R1S Delivery: May-June 2022

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Just got an email from Rivian. Have a Feb 2019 LE R1S, in SF proper, so I assume I’m relatively early:

Thank you for your continued support of Rivian. We can’t wait to get you behind the wheel of your R1S. Now that vehicle production is ramping up at our factory in Normal, IL, and we’re building out our service and support in your region, we’re able to share an updated delivery window.​
Your Launch Edition R1S delivery window is now May - June 2022.
Please note that this delivery window is based on your current configuration, delivery location, and preorder date.​
Sponsored

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Well...Here's my est. delivery time. Not as soon as I had hoped, but at least it gives us some kind of idea as when to expect it. My order is: 12/4/2018, R1T, LE, LG, FE with the off-road upgrade.

Your Launch Edition R1T delivery window is now April - May 2022.

jtshaw

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, LE R1S
Occupation
Engineering VP
My R1S LE window is March - April 2020 for a Day 1 Seattle pre-order.

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
I guess I need to wait at least until summer of 2023 for mine, which was ordered earlier this year in April.

GR

grantsi

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 45e, Porsche Cayenne
my 1/x/20 reservation - R1S LE Green is June-July in Chicago

Sponsored

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
my 1/x/20 reservation - R1S LE Green is June-July in Chicago
May 2019 preorder in metro NY; May-June email.

20s, NO offroad upgrade (I don't want the extra range hit), LG, R1s, LE.

It looks like from the anecdotes I have seen here, earliest LE R1s delivery is March. So I am ok with my May-June window. Crazy that it will be three years from when I ordered.

hola29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
R1S LE Sept 2019 - LG/FE/20"/Offroad - SF Bay Area

June - July 2022

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Good to see a pretty steady pattern developing with the "resetting" of deliveries that Rivian communicated recently. Although we all want our vehicles sooner at least the time periods are making sense now.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
My pre-order was December 31, 2019. I have Launch Edition, Launch Green, Black Mountain, 20s (with the bright rims). I have a few accessories like the cargo bars, field, kit, etc. My date is June/July 2022. I'm in Denver, CO.

Previously, I had the Rivian EVSE on my order but I removed that today. My wife's XC40 Recharge is being delivered very soon and we needed a robust EVSE sooner than Rivian could deliver for us. FWIW, I went with the Clipper Creek HCS-50

Daedalus

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Acura MDX - R1S Preorder
Well, depending on the production & delivery schedule of Hyundai/Genesis, Volvo/Polestar, Range Rover or Lincoln for an SUV with equivalent or more range and size as the R1S(I don't offroad nor race - so speed and overlanding not important), in all likelihood I will be cancelling my pre-ordered R1S sometime in 2022.

My existing SUV is not going to last another 2 years and at this production/delivery rate, Rivian will not get to my (September 2021 ordered) R1S until 2023. Maybe I was overly optimistic about their ability to produce at a fast enough rate to get the delivers out within a year of orders.

If a high-quality/luxury manufacturer can deliver a competitive offer before Rivian, then I will be selecting them.

Very disappointing - they have a good product, all they have to do is deliver....s00n

Last edited:

Sponsored

BradSomrak

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘16 Jeep.
Occupation
Atty.
Maybe I was overly optimistic about their ability to produce at a fast enough rate to get the delivers out within a year of orders.

If a high-quality/luxury manufacturer can deliver a competitive offer before Rivian, then I will be selecting them.

Very disappointing - they have a good product, all they have to do is deliver....s00n
I have to ask - if Rivian released its S1 right after your deposit and then amended it several times thereafter, and in all of its disclosures it indicates needing until the end of 2023 to clear the current reservation backlog, why would you (or anyone for that matter) expect a recent preorder within a year?

Certainly not picking on you. And to the extent you were simply unaware of any of Rivian’s stated backlog timelines, my apologies. But if you were aware and had seen the S1 disclosures, then I am curious as to why you would think Rivian could speed up its production by almost double from what it internally expects (via the S1). I have seen this sentiment more and more recently; something to the effect of “Rivian is being cautious with its estimates; I expect my vehicle sooner.” Or something like that. I guess I am not sure why that is or would be the case.

It feels as though more and more people have simply unrealistic expectations, and then become frustrated or disappointed when those expectations are not met……when they were never realistic to begin with.

Last edited:

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
Well, depending on the production & delivery schedule of Hyundai/Genesis, Volvo/Polestar, Range Rover or Lincoln for an SUV with equivalent or more range and size as the R1S(I don't offroad nor race - so speed and overlanding not important), in all likelihood I will be cancelling my pre-ordered R1S sometime in 2022.

My existing SUV is not going to last another 2 years and at this production/delivery rate, Rivian will not get to my (September 2021 ordered) R1S until 2023. Maybe I was overly optimistic about their ability to produce at a fast enough rate to get the delivers out within a year of orders.

There is also the Lucid Motors Gravity as well coming in 2023.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I have to ask - if Rivian released its S1 right after your deposit and then amended it several times thereafter, and in all of its disclosures it indicates needing until the end of 2023 to clear the current reservation backlog, why would you (or anyone for that matter) expect a recent preorder within a year?

Certainly not picking on you. And to the extent you were simply unaware of any of Rivian’s stated backlog timelines, my apologies. But if you were aware and had seen the S1 disclosures, then I am curious as to why you would think Rivian could speed up its production by almost double from what it internally expects (via the S1). I have seen this sentiment more and more recently; something to the effect of “Rivian is being cautious with its estimates; I expect my vehicle sooner.” Or something like that. I guess I am not sure why that is or would be the case.

It feels as though more and more people have simply unrealistic expectations, and then become frustrated or disappointed when those expectations are not met……when they were never realistic to begin with.
It is I assume because people think Rivian is being conservative and that it should not take over two years (production started in September) to make 50k units. I would expect mid 2023 (early q3 if I had to estimate) for the most recent orders.

BradSomrak

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘16 Jeep.
Occupation
Atty.
It is I assume because people think Rivian is being conservative and that it should not take over two years (production started in September) to make 50k units. I would expect mid 2023 (early q3 if I had to estimate) for the most recent orders.
I agree with you, at least to an extent. I would also guess Q3 of ‘23 for recent preorders. I think Rivian can probably shave some time off from their current projections, but months, only.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
May 2019 preorder in metro NY; May-June email.

20s, NO offroad upgrade (I don't want the extra range hit), LG, R1s, LE.

It looks like from the anecdotes I have seen here, earliest LE R1s delivery is March. So I am ok with my May-June window. Crazy that it will be three years from when I ordered.
I think it was confirmed the range hit is negligible.
Sponsored