Sponsored

Launch Edition R1S Delivery: May-June 2022

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
I think it was confirmed the range hit is negligible.
Thanks Sea. Is there a place with the info on forum or a source I could look at (or you tell me what you know)? Not criticizing, but just want to know.

When I went to CS fairly recently (this week)? They said the range hit would be in addition to the 10-15% (they were also all mysterious, as I asked if I included offroad if I would move up - they went all neither confirm nor deny, so that was helpful).

Thanks dude.

I do know that the MT offroading in conserve had offroad upgrade and got 302.
Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Thanks Sea. Is there a place with the info on forum or a source I could look at (or you tell me what you know)? Not criticizing, but just want to know.

When I went to CS fairly recently (this week)? They said the range hit would be in addition to the 10-15% (they were also all mysterious, as I asked if I included offroad if I would move up - they went all neither confirm nor deny, so that was helpful).

Thanks dude.

I do know that the MT offroading in conserve had offroad upgrade and got 302.
I suspect the CS was quoting the number for the 20" AT tires rather than the off-road package.

The range hit from the off-road package should be fairly small. You're talking about some tow hooks which will affect the aerodynamics a little and an extra couple hundred pounds of weight but no aero change from the extra shielding compared to without it? The weight of the shielding will be no different than adding an adult passenger. What's the range hit on most cars from doing that? Essentially nothing, couple percent tops.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
I suspect the CS was quoting the number for the 20" AT tires rather than the off-road package.

The range hit from the off-road package should be fairly small. You're talking about some tow hooks which will affect the aerodynamics a little and an extra couple hundred pounds of weight but no aero change from the extra shielding compared to without it? The weight of the shielding will be no different than adding an adult passenger. What's the range hit on most cars from doing that? Essentially nothing, couple percent tops.
That makes total sense. I am just telling you what CS told me. To be fair, they said it would be in addition, they wouldn't say how much.

I would imagine it is in addition to the 10% side of things.

So yah, maybe I should just get it : )

888tom888

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Self Storage
My delivery window is July-Sept 22. As a hedge, I placed an order for a top of the line Fisker Ocean. I'm struggling with trusting Rivian's time line. I think that they are pie in the sky timelines. I still love my tesla but really want to get a BEV SUV. The Ocean looks great. Plus I"m not Joe Camper that will constantly be taking my SUV off-road. ? for me, first one to deliver to me WINS!
Sponsored