Sponsored

Latest VIN check R1T. What is the real production rate...

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S preorder holder; '14 JGC,'20 Subaru Crosstrek
VIN 7077 checking in! It has arrived at the Bellevue service center and Iā€™m scheduled to pick it up on Saturday! My guide tells me to remain flexible though, as delivery appointments can be ā€œcancelled for any number of reasonsā€. Iā€™m excited, but thatā€™s not exactly confidence inspiring!
Drove by on Tuesday(6/14) and they had a couple of them out front that appeared to be doing walk arounds with customers. Here's to hoping the date sticks.

On a good note, got to see El Cap in person, and yes, I made the right choice. The other was LA silver. They also had a yellow in the back behind the fence.

pfbz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (ordered), F150, Q5, 911 Turbo(s)
My new R1T was off-loaded from the carrier yesterday (6/16) at my local service center, fresh from the factory. 744X.

It's going to be a very long 9 days until my delivery!

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
VIN 7077 checking in! It has arrived at the Bellevue service center and Iā€™m scheduled to pick it up on Saturday! My guide tells me to remain flexible though, as delivery appointments can be ā€œcancelled for any number of reasonsā€. Iā€™m excited, but thatā€™s not exactly confidence inspiring!
FYI, my scheduled pickup/delivery was nonchalantly cancelled by Rivian and rescheduled more than 10 days later, for no apparent reason. I had made many arrangements and changes to my work and personal schedule that affected many other people. Very unprofessional of Rivian.

pdxgibby

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Karmann Ghia EV, Tesla M3, eGolf, R1T, Power Hawk
Occupation
Software Engineer
VIN assigned this morning : 81xx

Sponsored

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
Vin 7581 supposedly in Normal but should be heading my way soon.

jbender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 ram 1500
Occupation
autonomous test engineer
started my 8 step yesterday, truck finishing up being built VIn 73xx

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Well, the good news it's ready for delivery this week. The bad news is:

1655146386994.png

I'm very tempted to refuse delivery, not in a huge rush, and most things I've read so far don't give me much confidence it would actually be resolved in the 'next couple of months'.
"...next couple months" šŸ˜µ

Sponsored

ColoradoAdventure

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer & Educator
VIN: 71XX
Delivered Today! (6/18/22)

Last edited:

Gabe1aron

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Nurse Anesthetist
At this rate it will be 5 years until my number is up šŸ˜†

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

At this rate it will be 5 years until my number is up šŸ˜†
With the Rivian lottery system, you could get the call anywhere from 2 days to 5 years from now. Unless of course you have a Max, Explore, R1S, Manual/no tonneau, or live far from a service center. Then yes bet on 5 years.

Carmelbythesea

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T & 2020 Tesla Model Y LR & R1S on order
With the Rivian lottery system, you could get the call anywhere from 2 days to 5 years from now. Unless of course you have a Max, Explore, R1S, Manual/no tonneau, or live far from a service center. Then yes bet on 5 years.
True story - 9/21 order here - took delivery yesterday. So I ordered it and had my normal address about 2.5 hours from a service center. Way out in Big Sur.

So I started thinking most likely a computer program is taking into acct distance from service center. So quick google maps the San Fran service center and then Redfin the nearest house for sale. Then used that as my primary address(I know what if they sent me a free water bottle? Who cares I want a truck)

Anyway left that on for the last 6 months. Iā€™d often mess with configuration weekly trying to match what I was seeing here delivered. 5/18/22 I updated to 21ā€ and no spare 5/24/22 got the email to confirm config and had my vin that day.

After confirmation I deleted the random address and put in my actual address. Delivery 6/18/22 which was delayed as I was on vacation for two weeks.

Iā€™m imagining they had a truck that someone backed out on and computer or maybe person looked at the shortest distance from the service center for delivery the quickest.

Most of this moot now with the launch of the shop. It was a wild ride.
Sponsored