Sponsored

Latest VIN check R1T. What is the real production rate...

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
FWIW - and consider the source, but - during recent factory tour, the tour guide said VIN assignments are not official until the vehicle rolls off the production line. While some parts may be matched into the system against a VIN, customers are not being given official VIN notifications until after production.

We did see QC stations and additional prep work after production, but if you receive a VIN notification, then your vehicle has been manufactured and is waiting final transport and/or delivery prep.
Sponsored

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
The postal service has had 50 years to get to their level of detailed tracking and they still fail all the time. Let's see what Rivian is able to do in 50 years.
This is honestly not a good comparison. From time to time, I sell things on Ebay. I provide a tracking number to the buyer which they can then track. I have zero years experience and am not a billion dollar company.
All of Rivian's vehicles literally have built in GPS, most are being put onto trains which provide tracking information. For some reason, they have made a decision not to provide this information. Why? I don't know, but they have definitely made this decision to not inform. They could fix this easily but are deciding not to. I'm guessing they don't want buyers to be harassing service centers knowing when their truck arrives, etc.

a76marine

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Jeep J10 (Pickup Truck) & 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Data Analytics and Intelligence
Clubs

This is honestly not a good comparison. From time to time, I sell things on Ebay. I provide a tracking number to the buyer which they can then track. I have zero years experience and am not a billion dollar company.
To be fair, you're one person but you're likely relying on UPS or FedEx, two multi-billion dollar companies. You're not tracking the product yourself. 🤷‍♂️

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
To be fair, you're one person but you're likely relying on UPS or FedEx, two multi-billion dollar companies. You're not tracking the product yourself. 🤷‍♂️
Rivian is mostly shipping by rail now, which provides tracking just like UPS or FedEx, and are also billion dollar companies that do the tracking for you. Now, for those vehicles that aren't on rail we all know that car shipping companies are terribly unreliable and do not provide any tracking. At my work with import quite a few containers, and at any time can track roughly where they are at and roughly when they should hit our local depot (no one wants to be hit with demurrage fees...). I will say rail delays are slightly more likely then FedEx or UPS. Again, I think Rivian has made the decision, maybe to tamper expectations? Maybe to take heat off of the service center?

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

during recent factory tour, the tour guide said VIN assignments are not official until the vehicle rolls off the production line. While some parts may be matched into the system against a VIN, customers are not being given official VIN notifications until after production.
Uh oh. I really didn't want an end of quarter rush job, but I received my VIN on 9/30. I will not be selling my current car or insuring the new R1T until it passes service center QC. I'll let folks here know how it turns out. Fortunately, it's not a Tesla.

Sponsored

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

Any new higher VINs? Interested to see where we are.

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

Any new higher VINs? Interested to see where we are.
Not mine.
VIN 12380 +/-17
Assigned 9/30, one week after this later vin:

Slightly under xxx12800 received 9/23.
Not sure what to make of the >400 truck gap. Maybe stalled waiting for underbody? Maybe didn't fare well in QC. Or maybe it was being showcased at the factory as the new ideal for production perfection. :fingerscrossed:

tbananas

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure
Not mine.
VIN 12380 +/-17
Assigned 9/30, one week after this later vin:

Not sure what to make of the >400 truck gap. Maybe stalled waiting for underbody? Maybe didn't fare well in QC. Or maybe it was being showcased at the factory as the new ideal for production perfection. :fingerscrossed:
Congrats. I am still waiting (with great frustration) for Step 8 to open, or for a call from the SC in Chicago. They've had it a week as of tomorrow if the Guide is correct. Odd how ICE dealers can PDI dozens of vehicles a day coming off a carrier, but Rivian needs weeks to inspect far fewer vehicles at the service centers. Any why so many problems passing factory inspections then needing repairs at the local SC's? This cannot be a good way to spend money for a business.

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Congrats. I am still waiting (with great frustration) for Step 8 to open, or for a call from the SC in Chicago. They've had it a week as of tomorrow if the Guide is correct. Odd how ICE dealers can PDI dozens of vehicles a day coming off a carrier, but Rivian needs weeks to inspect far fewer vehicles at the service centers. Any why so many problems passing factory inspections then needing repairs at the local SC's? This cannot be a good way to spend money for a business.
Mine cleared PDI within 3 days of being delivered. The guys at the SC I talked to say that some times they have a backlog that results in a few days to complete the inspection. If they flag something, depending on what it is, the time from PDI to actual delievery could push quite a bit. For example, if repaint is needed or a dent needs to be repaired, that requires going to a body shop which have their own schedules to manage.

Sponsored

Honorz

First Name
Anu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MY, 2018 Q7 , 2015 Q5 TDI,
110XX delivered on Friday 9/30. Took one month for delivery from shop selection to PNW.

ImAI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, R1T
Ford thought my Lightning was in production for over a month, and didn't provide any idea other than "it shipped," before I got a call from the dealer that it was in and ready. USPS, UPS, and FedEx are quite literally organized around the efficiency of the delivery process and are entirely in control of their chain of custody. And even then, FedEx has successfully temporarily lost every package they've delivered to me since early 2020 for at least a week. A car manufacturer is not in control of the transportation system like the shippers are. This is a very apples and oranges comparison where the price doesn't matter.
you have to get a Vehicle Visibility Report from the Ford dealer if you want to track the prgress of your ford making its journey to you. some dealers don't want to share...

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
you have to get a Vehicle Visibility Report from the Ford dealer if you want to track the prgress of your ford making its journey to you. some dealers don't want to share...
My dealer was providing me an update whenever I asked. They were fairly frustrated by Ford during production because they also weren't getting info.

Heatth

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Director of Ops and Tech
Glad I joined the forum, out of the blue got my checklist and did the financing within and Nationwide.... no delivery date available so I called Nationwide and cancelled at least, we'll see on financing. Trying not to bug the guide too much since it all started Friday night.

Smlee

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, BMW X5, BMW 330 and Winnebago Aspect
Glad I joined the forum, out of the blue got my checklist and did the financing within and Nationwide.... no delivery date available so I called Nationwide and cancelled at least, we'll see on financing. Trying not to bug the guide too much since it all started Friday night.
When did you get your vin? I just got min today 12430. Also taking delivery in Phx. Maybe same batch.
Sponsored