Sponsored

Latest VIN check R1T. What is the real production rate...

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
That is the highest to date. Congratulations. Getting harder to see a easy path to 25k unless they are cranking Vans out. And we probably won’t have those #’s until the next quarterly report.
I think they will hit it. They have been pretty consistent all year that they think they'll hit it. Probably 16-17k R1Ts, 3k R1S and it will come down to how many Vans they have made this year.

tmmcgee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner; Mustang GT; M3; Grand Cherokee, R1T
My VIN is 11197...... been 100% paid and insured for over 30 days now with no delivery date in sight. The site won't even open my "schedule delivery" step......... SC contacted me via text last week, but just to say they are "expecting my truck any day now and to contact my guide with any questions"..... crickets since then.

I even went by the Phoenix SC to inquire and all they could tell me is my truck is "in transit".

I guess I'll just have two car payments this month.... and two cars on my insurance premium..... and I guess I'll just have to wait till Friday morning of every week to make my weekend plans..... And I guess I'll just have to wait until I actually HAVE my truck to list my car for sale again....... ugh.....

Just a smidge of communication... just a teensy weensy bit of clarity......man that's really all I need.
I paid $9.00 to ship something with the Postal Service yesterday and realized the USPS has detailed tracking of a $9.00 package, where Rivian can't provide any insight into the location of a $90k vehicle. I have VIN 111XX and was feeling equally frustrated with the communications, especially seeing higher VIN get delivered. The good news is that I was just notified today that I could schedule delivery in California. Hopefully yours will be very soon.

AmerikanMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Executive
I paid $9.00 to ship something with the Postal Service yesterday and realized the USPS has detailed tracking of a $9.00 package, where Rivian can't provide any insight into the location of a $90k vehicle. I have VIN 111XX and was feeling equally frustrated with the communications, especially seeing higher VIN get delivered. The good news is that I was just notified today that I could schedule delivery in California. Hopefully yours will be very soon.
Picking mine up tomorrow @ 1:00 PM! So excited! I'll post pics!

Good luck!

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
hat is the highest to date. Congratulations. Getting harder to see a easy path to 25k unless they are cranking Vans out. And we probably won’t have those #’s until the next quarterly report.
Seems like a pretty clear path to me. The expectation was that they would make 10k vans and 15k of the R1 series. Since we are at roughly 12k R1Ts for the year and 600 odd R1Ss, then they would only need to make about 3k more assuming they hit the Van numbers. Even they only make 5k vans, they would only have to make 8k of the R1 series vehicles in the 4th quarter to hit 25k. I am hopeful that they will exceed 25k vehicles for the year.

Sponsored

a76marine

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Jeep J10 (Pickup Truck) & 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Data Analytics and Intelligence
Clubs

The postal service has had 50 years to get to their level of detailed tracking and they still fail all the time. Let's see what Rivian is able to do in 50 years.

CharlotteT

First Name
Charlotte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hylander
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
I'm just wondering what the production rate really is. And thought of comparing the latest deliveries to the most recent by VIN. Please share your recent delivery date with your VIN #

R1S

R1T

08/31/22

8/18

August 16th.

August 14

August 3rd

August 16th

July 29th

8/26
R1S
VIN 504
FG/ MB / 20” black
Delivery in the next 4 weeks. I have been wondering why my vin is so low?

July 19th

July 11th
June 30th.

July 19th

Denver_Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Range Rover Velar, 2017 Colorado ZR2
Occupation
SaaS Sales
It's interesting how so many people paid for their vehicle during the 8-step process before the vehicle was actually ready to schedule delivery. I was told (cautioned actually) by both the insurance guy at Rivian as well as my guide that I probably do not want to pay for the vehicle until they tell me it is ready to schedule a delivery date. They both mentioned it at least twice. Wonder why they did not tell others...maybe people started complaining.
When in the Rivian app it also confirms and ask you if you want to wait and pay instead of paying at that moment. I help off until the day before to ensure the delivery was happening.

1pinhigh

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian Blue R1T, 22 Tesla LR X
Occupation
Retired
My VIN is 11197...... been 100% paid and insured for over 30 days now with no delivery date in sight. The site won't even open my "schedule delivery" step......... SC contacted me via text last week, but just to say they are "expecting my truck any day now and to contact my guide with any questions"..... crickets since then.

I even went by the Phoenix SC to inquire and all they could tell me is my truck is "in transit".

I guess I'll just have two car payments this month.... and two cars on my insurance premium..... and I guess I'll just have to wait till Friday morning of every week to make my weekend plans..... And I guess I'll just have to wait until I actually HAVE my truck to list my car for sale again....... ugh.....

Just a smidge of communication... just a teensy weensy bit of clarity......man that's really all I need.
Similar situation with me. I received communication that I should complete the 8 step process, including financing and insurance. I've told me guide that I'll complete those steps once I'm able to schedule delivery. I'm not willing to pay for insurance and "start" my loan until I'm able to schedule my delivery. The app shows that mine is "preparing vehicle". When I've asked my guide she keeps telling me it could be any day and I need to continue to check the app to schedule delivery, once it becomes available. She either can't or won't provide additional details. Fortunately, my financing and insurance are both ready, just need to know when.

I was expecting 6-8 weeks delivery after the 8 steps were opened up to me, but when the guide keeps telling me "any day now..." I don't know what to think. My charger is supposed to be delivered tomorrow, so I'm hoping the truck isn't too far behind. VIN 125xx

OP
OP
MNLightning

MNLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes I have Vehicles

Geeze that suks, I hope you get better news s00n. I'm not sure people are going to put up with this type of service once more options become available. IMHO the truck is worth sucking it up for, even with the terrible communication and service you have received. Wishing you luck

Sponsored

Ajay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S
Occupation
Engineer
Got a VIN early this week: 116XX
R1T Adventure, El Cap / Ocean Coast.
Dec 2020 deposit
I just picked up my R1T. It took about 1 month from VIN assigned to actual picking up the truck from South San Francisco service center.

No communication from the guide, or the local service center. Everything was done on the rivian website.

The service center had removed the power tonneau, and informed me that all R1T will be getting a new dual motor tonneau, and so they decided to just uninstall mine before delivery. I wish they would have asked me if I want to take my chances with the cover, and use it until a replacement unit is ready.
The only choice I was offered was to accept or decline they delivery. After waiting 2 years, I didn't want to go back into the Rivian lottery system, so I just took it as is.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Congrats!

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Ford thought my Lightning was in production for over a month, and didn't provide any idea other than "it shipped," before I got a call from the dealer that it was in and ready. USPS, UPS, and FedEx are quite literally organized around the efficiency of the delivery process and are entirely in control of their chain of custody. And even then, FedEx has successfully temporarily lost every package they've delivered to me since early 2020 for at least a week. A car manufacturer is not in control of the transportation system like the shippers are. This is a very apples and oranges comparison where the price doesn't matter.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
The service center had removed the power tonneau, and informed me that all R1T will be getting a new dual motor tonneau, and so they decided to just uninstall mine before delivery. I wish they would have asked me if I want to take my chances with the cover, and use it until a replacement unit is ready.
I wonder if yours broke while it was there, and since they aren't currently fixing them, they decided to provide it to you without a half janky tonneau.

EBEG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2016 Pilot, 2019 Jetta

Check out the story at 20:35 on this. Now THAT is a car shipping nightmare.
Sponsored