Sponsored

Latest Time Estimate for Launch Edition - via chat with Rivian 9/21/21

Athena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Copied directly from chat box:

"At this time, our Guides are focused on our LE R1T preorder holders, and will begin reaching out to our LE R1S customers like yourself in the upcoming weeks. The Guides are the only ones who will be able to provide an updated delivery timeframe for you. We are expecting all of our LE holders to have been contacted by their appointed Guide by Thanksgiving, and all deliveries to have been completed for LE by Spring of 2022. That is the only general timeframe I can provide at this point of time"
Sponsored

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
Oh...spring, thats new, I thought it said LE by Jan 22.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

Sponsored

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Our LE order is fairly late - now I wonder if non-LE "Max Pack" orders (which, last I saw are still due Jan '22) will start shipping before the last of the LE? And if so, would a late-LE be able to "upgrade" to a non-LE Max pack and get delivery the same time they would have gotten their LE?

nukem384

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3/Rivian R1S
Our LE order is fairly late - now I wonder if non-LE "Max Pack" orders (which, last I saw are still due Jan '22) will start shipping before the last of the LE? And if so, would a late-LE be able to "upgrade" to a non-LE Max pack and get delivery the same time they would have gotten their LE?
The way the CS agents make it sound, I feel like all the LE variants will be shipped out before any non LE orders go out. So if that's correct, I guess all non LE pre order holders are looking at next summer at the earliest to get their cars? We'll have to see what info comes out next week once the media embargo is over.

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
The way the CS agents make it sound, I feel like all the LE variants will be shipped out before any non LE orders go out. So if that's correct, I guess all non LE pre order holders are looking at next summer at the earliest to get their cars? We'll have to see what info comes out next week once the media embargo is over.
Not sure that will prove to be accurate. It's fairly clear that there are additional variables beyond a cut and dry LE then non-LE. I think you have to also break it down by location. They are clearly not interested in delivering vehicles to locations before the local/regional service center is operational. That's how they will handle deliveries and also address issues post-delivery. Based on that, It's entirely possible (likely even?) that a Max pack person in LA, Seattle, etc. gets theirs before a LE in Fargo, ND who ordered on the reveal in 2018.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
I don't think this is necessarily the case, and haven't heard any promises to complete LEs before delivering others. There may well be non-LE orders filled early next year in areas where infrastructure for deliveries and service exists, while (hopefully, a very small number of) LE orders from far-flung locations with no infrastructure have to wait for the infrastructure build out.

I imagine we won't know "soon," but will have a pretty good idea by Thanksgiving of how this will play out.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I already have June 30 2022 marked on my calendar as the day my current lease expires, so I will be a happy camper if that is the last possible date by when my LE R1S arrives.

Still a long way to go though - I'll be standing by and cheering on the early R1T deliveries, and hope to see at least a few dozen R1S deliveries by the end of the year.

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

They did actually say that in the original delay but they didn't update when they delayed again to September. Good to hear they are still aiming to finish LE orders by Spring 2022.

3l3c7r1c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited, 2012 Honda CR-V
so now I know... my R1T comes on June 20, 2022 (last day of Spring) :cool:
I am fine even if they deliver my R1S LE by this day. I have a lodge reservation at Yellowstone and Grand Teton starting from end of June. My dream is to Drive there from Seattle in R1S ?

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

My question is going to be, if my delivery isn't going to be until Spring of next year on my LE, would there even be a time penalty to switch it to a max pack at that point? They've said they are going to start those deliveries in January.

_evtrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'89 Trans Am GTA, '22 Rivian R1T, Pre-order '26 R2
Occupation
General Manager - Retail & Service
Clubs

Not sure that will prove to be accurate. It's fairly clear that there are additional variables beyond a cut and dry LE then non-LE. I think you have to also break it down by location. They are clearly not interested in delivering vehicles to locations before the local/regional service center is operational. That's how they will handle deliveries and also address issues post-delivery. Based on that, It's entirely possible (likely even?) that a Max pack person in LA, Seattle, etc. gets theirs before a LE in Fargo, ND who ordered on the reveal in 2018.
From my previous conversation with CS a few months ago, you are 100% right. I sent CS a lengthy email stating my disappointment and I received a phone call the next day from a higher up basically stating this, he worded it in a way to make it clear that this is what will happen without actually saying it. It disappointed me that a day 1 reservation holder could potentially get their launch edition vehicle after someone who orders 3 years later and doesnt even qualify to receive a launch edition vehicle and on top of that they could even have more options to choose from than the person who dropped $1000 3 years earlier.
Sponsored