Sponsored

Late/End-of-October Delivery Estimate Updates

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I was excited about this until I read through Tony’s AMA where it sounds like the information we will see is no different than what we have. I assume those of us with an October/December window will have a November/December as the ranges he was saying did not sound any tighter than what we have.
I have “second half of 2023”, so having that even narrowed down to a firm 2 or 3 month window (within the same time period or earlier) would be an improvement.

if it slips to 2024 I’m done.
Sponsored

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
will probably get another email from the useless Tony that will said to wait for November email update !!!

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Getting ahead of this in anticipation of these coming to our accounts...at some point.

Eager to see if updates shift at all now that OC is on its way and supply chain issues/part availability might be improving some.

Do we think we're going to see updated estimates on accounts this week, or should we go ahead and assume this will be an October 31st EOB change?
my guess is email on Friday and actual change on Monday. i doubt they would release a big software change to our accounts on a Friday with potential for lots of issues and CS calls.

im actually hoping they open the R1S Shop as well, but its pretty far fetched since its only been delivering in significant numbers for about a month. 🙏

Last edited:

R1TJ

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 ID.4, 2023 R1S
Clubs

I've made several significant configuration changes since last December's delivery window update - R1T Explore -> R1T Adventure -> R1S Adventure (current). I'm looking forward to getting any sense of a delivery window, even knowing which half of which year to plan for.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
my guess is email on Friday and actual change on Monday. i doubt they would release a big software change to our accounts on a Friday with potential for lots of issues and CS calls.

im actually hoping they open the R1S Shop as well, but its pretty far fetched since its only been delivering in significant numbers for about a month. 🙏
I doubt it is a big software change. Probsbly a report they run in SAP every couple Weeks or so that reconciles configuration against schedule and populates an entry on people’s preorder pages.

this is borne out by the email saying they’re using configurations as of the 16th of October and the email update being timed for “end of the month“, which surely means this Friday

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah. That makes sense to have a program that can do it without much human input beyond the batching/parts/etc. information. Though if they need 2 weeks from the configuration pull date, there must be some non-negligible amount of human effort to get these dates together.

Now that you mentioned the process required to get the dates, I'm wondering how that factors into the frequency with which they'll update. If they need 2 weeks, I imagine they won't be updating more often than quarterly.
Two weeks might also just be how it was set up for this first go which is likely a relatively manual process until they have whatever report fine tuned. it could update faster, who knows. Two weeks is a good cushion though, given peoples’ tendencies to change around their configuration multiple times per day/week(I don’t get that).

Quarterly is way too slow. Scheduling is certainly much more dynamic than that. consider people were getting 8 week delivery windows.
Sponsored

Reactions: Jac