Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
I have twins. The oldest is 2 years older. All are going to be in car seats for at least another year or 2.
They may be out of car seats before you get a definitive answer! ?
Sponsored

cwoodcox

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Software Engineer
Does anyone know if there will be child seat Latches in the R1T?
You got your answer, but just FYI, since 2003, NHTSA rules require any vehicle with a second row of seats must equip at least 2 seats with upper & lower LATCH anchor points, and additional seating positions must include at least the upper anchors. If a vehicle has more than 2 rows, at least one set of upper & lower anchors must be in the second row.

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
This is better than our Volvo XC90, which doesn’t even have top tether anchors on the third row seats. It’s the weirdest decision for a brand that prides itself on safety.

LeoH

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, Tesla S, MAzda CX-30, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Software Engineering Director
I have twins. The oldest is 2 years older. All are going to be in car seats for at least another year or 2.
I have triplets that are 6, and my oldest is 8. I had a van with 3 in the second row and the oldest in the back using lower anchors. However, the LATCH/ISOFIX is really just for convenience, you can put the twins using the lower latches and the oldest you can just run the seatbelt through the seat in combination with the upper anchor. All car seats must accept either connections, and seats have different weight limits for weight anchors.

LeoH

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, Tesla S, MAzda CX-30, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Software Engineering Director
This is better than our Volvo XC90, which doesn’t even have top tether anchors on the third row seats. It’s the weirdest decision for a brand that prides itself on safety.
A lot of of midsize SUVs ( Outlander, Highlander...etc ) do not include upper anchors which means you are not allowed to put car seats that must be tethered in the back, but you can put boosters. There are many reasons for this, some are :
1- Enforcement of the rear portion of the chassis.
2- Not enough distance for crumble zones
3- Seats are too low
4- Seats attachments are not safe for children, mainly neck injuries/
5- Mechanical limitations due to part placement on the underside of the car
6- The difficulty required to remove the passengers while still attached to the car seats by emergency personnel. ( In some cases, injuries may dictate the child is not removed from the car seats while in the car )
Sponsored