Sponsored

Large pack - Enough range to complete the White Rim Road?

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I believe you need to be staying/paying for lodging at Under Canvas to use the chargers?

I’ve done white rim a few times on a motorcycle in a day. How long does it take in a jeep/ truck?
Sponsored

Northish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Santa Cruz 5010, Focus RS
Occupation
Mfg. Engineer
I believe you need to be staying/paying for lodging at Under Canvas to use the chargers?

I’ve done white rim a few times on a motorcycle in a day. How long does it take in a jeep/ truck?
Yes, if following the rules you do need to be a guest. There was another R1T that used the UC charger and wasn't a guest but they cleared it with the staff before charging.

You could do the whole trail in a long day with a suspension modified truck to allow faster speed without shaking apart. I wouldn't plan on that in the R1T. Two would be better but still long, bouncy days. Three is a sweet spot if you want to enjoy the scenery and side hikes. The stars at night are something else 🌠👌

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
On a side note, has anyone done the drive from vegas to Moab? Contemplating that with a dirt bike in the bed in April.

I believe the Green River charger is the only hi speed charger nearby Moab still?

HumanGenome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Man I wish I could rent AT, this looks like an epic adventure

Tbirdjeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Sales
On a side note, has anyone done the drive from vegas to Moab? Contemplating that with a dirt bike in the bed in April.

I believe the Green River charger is the only hi speed charger nearby Moab still?
Correct.
Supposed to head to White Rim on the permit next week for 3 days but the weather isn't cooperating. Really wanted to add White Rim to the Hells Revenge that I have already done to see how the range plays out.

Sponsored

R1TY

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Cyber Security

There is a high speed charger (EA) Charger in Salina Utah.

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470

If you're in Moab, Monticello is about the same distance.

SamDoe1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Ford GT350
Clubs

2 days at least, 3 would be ideal. You probably can do it in a day with a well modified Jeep but it wouldn't be a whole lot of fun. If you want a one day trip that's relatively easy, check out 7 mile rim and chicken corners.

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
2 days at least, 3 would be ideal. You probably can do it in a day with a well modified Jeep but it wouldn't be a whole lot of fun. If you want a one day trip that's relatively easy, check out 7 mile rim and chicken corners.
Thanks, I've done all those rides on dirt bikes and have passed many slow moving jeeps over the years.

Squilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Edition R1T
Has anyone done this trip more recently? Should be much easier now that there is a Magic Dock Supercharger available in Moab...
Sponsored