Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Civic, EX-L, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

I initially configured Rivian Blue. I like blue. My last 2 cars were blue. But $2500 is a big chunk of change. Then Rivian make the Off-road Upgrade optional, so I added it back and changed to LA silver. I like the color and I get the upgrade and save $500. It almost pays for the real spare tire.

Thanks for all the photos. It reinforces that I'm making the right choice for me.

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
I love this color, it's my current configuration with the black interior. My tacoma is silver though and I worry I might get bored having the same color back to back. ? I guess that's what wraps are for.

Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

You mean LA Haze

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

If getting a Launch Edition didn't come with L.E. green at no-charge, without a doubt LA Silver would be my choice. Several other paints are nice but this one has enough character with the bluish-hue to save the $'s for accessories.

Sponsored

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
L.A. Silver brings bonuses. According to Tracy who was among the Chosen 10, toured the plant and test drove R1Ts, it's probably the most durable color given its metal flake and light reflection capabilities. She was concerned about how intense Florida sun eats anything left outside. And L.A. Silver is a light hued silver, so it picks up colors and shadings from its surroundings. It's almost chameleon-like which is appealing. It's not really one color, but many, depending on light and surroundings.

The same can be said of other lighter Rivian colors. Glacier white, according to Tracy, is the only color which is painted twice, and it has no metal flake. Rivian blue & Midnight black also have no metal flake.

I've gone repeatedly back and forth on L.A. Silver and Glacier White, and I'm currently configured for silver. I've also configured for Launch Green and Rivian Blue on occasion. But I want a light rather than dark interior, and I'm not sure how well LG and OC go together and, while I absolutely love RB, I decided to spend $2500 on something other than exterior colors when LAS, GW and LG are available.

Last edited:

BrentInCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Toyota FJ, R1S Quad Large Pack Feb 2023
I don't recall seeing any real world R1S photos in LA Silver. I've Googled it, but nada. Please share if you've seen any.

Last edited: