LA SILVER Rivian Photos

Boudro

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kona EV & Tacoma
Just a little Rivian mountain exploring love.

Rivian R1T R1S LA SILVER Rivian Photos 17752388-0DDD-46B2-BC14-AB470D7CF360
Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Have they fixed the "tiger stripe" issues on LA Sliver trucks out of the factory?

Considering switching back to LA Silver from FG after seeing some water spots on the darker Rivian colors. But, if they're still delivering "tiger stripe" trucks will stick with FG.

Thanks....

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Have they fixed the "tiger stripe" issues on LA Sliver trucks out of the factory?

Considering switching back to LA Silver from FG after seeing some water spots on the darker Rivian colors. But, if they're still delivering "tiger stripe" trucks will stick with FG.

Thanks....
I have only read about that problem with a couple of early deliveries, nothing recent. I would guess people would be reporting it if it was still happening.

bjcleaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco FE, Tesla Model Y, R1T

Thanks....
No problem with mine, 8.31 delivery. I think those were early issues.

Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
^ Thanks fellas.... I officially changed my config back to LA Silver :)

bjcleaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco FE, Tesla Model Y, R1T
I’m loving silver so far. Hides dirt well, doesn’t really reflect other colors so it almost always looks silver. And I still have yet to see another LA Silver on the road near me and there must be a good dozen or two R1Ts in my town.

McMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
I’m loving silver so far. Hides dirt well, doesn’t really reflect other colors so it almost always looks silver. And I still have yet to see another LA Silver on the road near me and there must be a good dozen or two R1Ts in my town.
I switched back to LA silver (my original config when ordering) after seeing it and el cap in person this weekend. The silver just shines beautifully in the sunlight. I was hoping el cap was darker and more like Tesla MSM which has a slight blue tint to it but I found it to be much lighter and more gray.

Jabbahop

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘14 BMW i3, ‘19 BMW i3, ‘22 R1T -> ‘24 R1S Max
Occupation
retired
I switched back to LA silver (my original config when ordering) after seeing it and el cap in person this weekend. The silver just shines beautifully in the sunlight. I was hoping el cap was darker and more like Tesla MSM which has a slight blue tint to it but I found it to be much lighter and more gray.
I love the shine of paint - particularly LA silver. I guess I am once again “not fashionable” since everyone seems to like these flat paints or stealth wraps. I like the reward to sparkling clean after a hand wash.

Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
If you live in an area where they salt the roads... silver is fantastic (owned a silver CRV for 12 yrs) at not looking terrible :)

larrydallas

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus R350, Rivian R1S
Maybe a bit of a strange request, but does anyone have photos of the LA Silver (R1S preferred, but R1T will do) in darker lighting? Maybe either at night or heavy shade? I stopped by the Austin SC earlier this week and was finally able to see LA Silver vs. El Cap Granite. And while I liked ECG, I felt like it was too dark for my taste… LAS, however, was a bit brighter than I expected and perhaps didn’t have as much nuance to it as the configurator shows. It was in direct, mid-afternoon sunlight, though, so hoping someone can snap a few pics of theirs in different lighting if possible! Thanks in advance!

Reference pic of the configurator photo below, which I find absolutely gorgeous.

Rivian R1T R1S LA SILVER Rivian Photos C5C4AE60-5959-40BC-AD3B-E76CAA4E32F1

EDIT: I scrolled back through this thread and found a handful of low light pics. That said, will leave the post upin case anyone has more to share!

Last edited:

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

Maybe a bit of a strange request, but does anyone have photos of the LA Silver (R1S preferred, but R1T will do) in darker lighting? Maybe either at night or heavy shade? I stopped by the Austin SC earlier this week and was finally able to see LA Silver vs. El Cap Granite. And while I liked ECG, I felt like it was too dark for my taste… LAS, however, was a bit brighter than I expected and perhaps didn’t have as much nuance to it as the configurator shows. It was in direct, mid-afternoon sunlight, though, so hoping someone can snap a few pics of theirs in different lighting if possible! Thanks in advance!

Reference pic of the configurator photo below, which I find absolutely gorgeous.

C5C4AE60-5959-40BC-AD3B-E76CAA4E32F1.jpeg

EDIT: I scrolled back through this thread and found a handful of low light pics. That said, will leave the post upin case anyone has more to share!
Some random pics of mine at night and one inside a lit garage:

Rivian R1T R1S LA SILVER Rivian Photos 3394501F-47C1-47B1-BDCF-BB2AC2631A04
Rivian R1T R1S LA SILVER Rivian Photos 37FA2B74-29C7-4164-8DA1-92D9561FE00C
Rivian R1T R1S LA SILVER Rivian Photos B56AE352-709E-4408-9DCB-C54BFEFD5D36
Rivian R1T R1S LA SILVER Rivian Photos A4E5D904-830C-4A08-B4BF-82115D37D56F
Rivian R1T R1S LA SILVER Rivian Photos 5C0DBFEA-CC87-49D2-AFD2-36B409F3D57D

kayabusa

First Name
Leandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Printer
Adding mine for reference:

LA Silver with satin black powder coated 21" wheels
IMG_2556.jpg

IMG_2557.jpg
Hey I love the satin black on the 21's, do you have a picture with the aero covers in place ? Do you notice the range reduction without them ?
Sponsored