Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Sponsored

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
I wonder if Rivian is going to update the windows before next set of invitations go out for Lightning.

Everyone is posting:

Last edited:

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck

Jumacao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T PDM MP CY, Tesla Model Y, Energica Eva
Occupation
Legal
Kyle's review is definitely in the top 10% of all reviews posted so far. Probably top 5%.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Is R1 capable of plug and charge like Kyle just did with the Lightning?
I believe it is, but I'm not aware of it actually being implemented. It requires working with each network to enable it.

Sponsored

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
@OutofSpecKyle did Lightning have a pedestrian noise maker? how did it sound comparing to R1T?

You kept talking about how quiet the motors were. Would you take F150 or Rivian on a road trip?

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Is that video really 1 hour 16 minutes? Please tell me I’m mistaken.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

RivianBowerbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.
Out of Spec stuff is always worth it. I love Kyle and he gives you a better and more complete sense of vehicles than anyone else does. For shorter stuff on unobtainable cars i go to channels like Carfection.

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.
Kyle actually talks slow enough that you can watch it at double speed and cuts it in half.

Denver_Paulie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Porsche Taycan CT4s, '23 Rivian R1T
For as much as I like Kyle's reviews, or running into his network of EV friends in Colorado at random Electrify America Chargers, I thought this review was a little too over the top positive of the truck. It almost sounded like a Ford paid endorsement of the truck.

I hope the truck sells like crazy and eventually replaces a good portion of Ford's ICE trucks, but I still think it is super ugly.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

For as much as I like Kyle's reviews, or running into his network of EV friends in Colorado at random Electrify America Chargers, I thought this review was a little too over the top positive of the truck. It almost sounded like a Ford paid endorsement of the truck.

I hope the truck sells like crazy and eventually replaces a good portion of Ford's ICE trucks, but I still think it is super ugly.
Kyle is known as a straight shooter and styling is subjective. The truck seems good on the facts of its operation (front truck, efficiency and capability).

Last edited:

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

I didn't watch Kyle, but did watch Doug Demuro - and it confirms everything I thought about the truck and why I don't want one. It isn't exciting on any level to me. I will say I think the infotainment is better than the R1T, but overall it's a pretty conservative entry into the market and I think that's good for a lot of folks - it's just not what I want.

I do think Doug's review was a little disingenuous on pricing. He accurately reported the price range but he also didn't say what you got for the price. You can't compare the $40k F150 to the Rivian - and maybe that's not what he was trying to do, but it's what I heard.

I read an article today that said that folks don't cross shop the F150 and R1T - they cross shop the R1T and the Mach-E which I thought was kinda wild, but then I realized it was true for me. I looked at the Mach-E seriously as well as the EV6. I had my finger on the button to preorder a F150 and realized I would never want to drive one.
Sponsored