Kneel Mode Suspension Wear / Life?

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
As @deathernater said, it only works in all purpose or conserve, and you also have to have the suspension in normal or low. If you select a different suspension height, it disables kneeling.

I also found out that it only works if you get above 5mph before stopping. So, for example, if the truck is in kneel, and you change the mode to something else or change the height, it won't kneel again until you get over 5mph.

As far as speed, the drop is incredibly quick, maybe 1-2 seconds. The majority of the time, I can't get my belt off and grab my phone before it's already down. The only one who's waiting for it is my 10yo daughter, because she's ten. 😁

I suppose if you are the kind of person who takes their seat belt off before parking, or if you are always in a hurry, you might be waiting on it more often. Of course, you can just pop the door open, get out, and it'll finish kneeling after the door is closed again.

It works really well for us. We were manually dropping the suspension all the time for my 5-foot tall wife, and it's nice it just happens. We do have running boards on order, so we'll have to see if we still need kneel mode with those.
Okay, it's weird that you have to be in normal or low already. I'm not sure what the big jump or difference would be while being in high? So it's much faster than when you manually tell the truck to raise or lower? I guess it's not as big a deal to have it automatically do it when you get home but it still would be nice and of course along with the garage door.
Sponsored