Sponsored

Kia EV6 Early Deliveries underway

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
It was $975, and they did paint correction, prep the surface, did the wheels, and the glass, and it’s a five year warranty.
Glad to see pricing becoming more reasonable. I have been doing our vehicles for circa $200 or cost of product but my correction skilz are lacking and I pretty much need to start with a pristine rig.

Most impressive is a 5 year warranty, would you mind please sharing what product they are using? Is it the same spec for matte paint vs gloss coat? Thanks.

Congrats on the EV6, very sharp.
Sponsored

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Glad to see pricing becoming more reasonable. I have been doing our vehicles for circa $200 or cost of product but my correction skilz are lacking and I pretty much need to start with a pristine rig.

Most impressive is a 5 year warranty, would you mind please sharing what product they are using? Is it the same spec for matte paint vs gloss coat? Thanks.

Congrats on the EV6, very sharp.
It is gtechniq C1! I believe it is the same spec, I think he did mention there is a different coat they use but that’s for a more glossy finish which obviously I didn’t want.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
^Thank you sir. I’ve used Gtechniq in the recent past but it realistically was a 3-year useful life with indoor storage. Sounds like they are continually improving hardness and durability. Cheers.

dpc166

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Subaru Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid
Thanks! He really did! I was impressed what he was able to do with the paint correction, there were scratches all over the black trim before, but now they’re all gone! I feel so much better knowing that it’s better protected against the elements. Ended up costing $975, but I think it’s well worth the price
That's not a bad price. Plus, you'll be able to wash it and apply sacrificial coatings to protect that main coating. Certainly not a bad option outside of doing PPF everywhere, but worth the investment to do ceramic.

dpc166

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Subaru Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid
^Thank you sir. I’ve used Gtechniq in the recent past but it realistically was a 3-year useful life with indoor storage. Sounds like they are continually improving hardness and durability. Cheers.
Yeah, I'm not too keen on those warranty estimates. I've seen a number of great products out there that barely lasted a year. Best to have sacrificial coatings done at home after every wash to make sure you get that 3-5 years.
Sponsored