Kia EV6 Early Deliveries underway

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
The Kia EV 6 first edition that I signed up for hit the ground at the dealership yesterday. $60K for 260ish range (1st editions are on 20" wheels). One good thing salesperson claimed no ADM for me since I'm the reason that car is even there. I'm afraid its to close to the R1S price with a lot less potential for me but I will go look and drive. If you think the Ford dealers were screwing the pooch on price gouging the Hyundai dealer are the true winners. 5-10K on Ioniq 5's

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

My parents wound up buying a Mach-E AWD with the big battery, but I'd been pushing them to get an EV6 instead. They finally got a chance to test drive a RWD EV6, but their local dealer was pulling the ADM card to the tune of $8k, so they took their deposit back. This unscrupulous dealer also tried telling them in the beginning they had a First Edition coming in...they did not. TL;DR, they liked the EV6 better than the Mach-E and will be looking for one at MSRP in the near future.

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
My parents wound up buying a Mach-E AWD with the big battery, but I'd been pushing them to get an EV6 instead. They finally got a chance to test drive a RWD EV6, but their local dealer was pulling the ADM card to the tune of $8k, so they took their deposit back. This unscrupulous dealer also tried telling them in the beginning they had a First Edition coming in...they did not. TL;DR, they liked the EV6 better than the Mach-E and will be looking for one at MSRP in the near future.
If I had the opportunity to redo my first EV purchase it would very likely be an EV6 instead of an MME. The specs are very similar except for 800V charging which seems like something I wish I had. Plus my MME is a certified lemon.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I have only had my EV6 GT-Line for 2 days and it is a blast. No ADM

We had an MME ordered but walked away due to Ford and dealership incompetence and screw ups.
508399B8-C67A-45EB-A94A-B34D43DF20A1.jpeg
Great looking car!

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I prefer the over-grown hothatch look of its kin, the Hyundai Ionic5.

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
I have only had my EV6 GT-Line for 2 days and it is a blast. No ADM

We had an MME ordered but walked away due to Ford and dealership incompetence and screw ups.
508399B8-C67A-45EB-A94A-B34D43DF20A1.jpeg
What was your buying experience like? How long did you wait?

I share your Ford experience. You’ve already exceeded my time to first failure by 100%.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
The Kia EV 6 first edition that I signed up for hit the ground at the dealership yesterday. $60K for 260ish range (1st editions are on 20" wheels). One good thing salesperson claimed no ADM for me since I'm the reason that car is even there. I'm afraid its to close to the R1S price with a lot less potential for me but I will go look and drive. If you think the Ford dealers were screwing the pooch on price gouging the Hyundai dealer are the true winners. 5-10K on Ioniq 5's
$60k-ish (assuming no ADM) is making me feel better about my Lyriq which will be $60k with no ADM. The Lyriq is larger, has more features and is more luxury than the EV 6. Don't get me wrong, I like both the Kia and Hyundai EV options, just think that the top level spec is getting too over-priced.

Sponsored

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

What was your buying experience like? How long did you wait?

I share your Ford experience. You’ve already exceeded my time to first failure by 100%.
We live in ID and our dealer is Kendall Kia. The overall
experience was great.

We did not have a reservation as Kia was not taking any. I signed up for updates and chose Kendall. From the time I signed up for the updates to driving the EV6 off the lot was about 2 weeks. The dealership called me on 2/8/22 and provided a list of EV6s coming in. I chose one and put down a $1,000 refundable deposit. Two days later Kendall said the car had arrived. They had the car ready for pickup Saturday morning 2/12/22. The process was painless.

cardad

First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T/S, Bronco Raptor, Wrangler4xe, Ioniq5, Winbago
Occupation
insurance agent
While Hyundai/Kia products seem to exceed expectations their dealers appear to be living at the poverty line …. every Hyundai/Kia dealer I’ve been to seems a few steps below the higher level expectations of elite dealers. Dealers are so clueless as it is so you kind of get what you pay for. I had to take my Taycan 4S in for a software update and got a brand new loaner Macan for almost a month. My Porsche dealer had a free event with swag, steak dinner, and many test cars and they won’t even sell me their most expensive vehicles! My etron cost less than the Kia EV6 and got free car washes, soda, snacks, and amazing dealer service in a facility that looks like a museum. So you know Hyundai/Kia are cutting corners when their dealerships have such low brand expectations.

With Rivian, Ford, and Jeep you can clearly see how much they want to build their brand in everything they do. Ford gave me a $550 off road excursion with $250 worth of swag, sent me a poster, hammock, and a banner while I waited for the Bronco. Most brands aren’t so dumb as to think they can compete with clueless salespeople and free bottled water but Hyundai/Kia is pretty close…

Last edited:

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

While Hyundai/Kia products seem to exceed expectations their dealers appear to be living at the poverty line …. every Hyundai/Kia dealer I’ve been to seems a few steps below the higher level expectations of elite dealers. Dealers are so clueless as it is so you kind of get what you pay for. I had to take my Taycan 4S in for a software update and got a brand new loaner Macan for almost a month. My Porsche dealer had a free event with swag, steak dinner, and many test cars and they won’t even sell me their most expensive vehicles! My etron cost less than the Kia EV6 and got free car washes, soda, snacks, and amazing dealer service in a facility that looks like a museum. So you know Hyundai/Kia are cutting corners when their dealerships have such low brand expectations.

With Rivian, Ford, and Jeep you can clearly see how much they want to build their brand in everything they do. Ford gave me a $550 off road excursion with $250 worth of swag, sent me a poster, hammock, and a banner while I waited for the Bronco. Most brands aren’t so dumb as to think they can compete with clueless salespeople and free bottled water but Hyundai/Kia is pretty close…
This has been a problem with Kia dealers since at least the time the Stinger was released. That was the first time they really tried playing up-market and just failed in epic fashion, which is a shame, because the Stinger GT is a great car as I assume the EV6 will be. They're far to used to all the folks coming in and buying on a monthly payment and don't know how to play the quasi-luxury game.

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

$60k-ish (assuming no ADM) is making me feel better about my Lyriq which will be $60k with no ADM. The Lyriq is larger, has more features and is more luxury than the EV 6. Don't get me wrong, I like both the Kia and Hyundai EV options, just think that the top level spec is getting too over-priced.
The Lyriq looks like a great car. No argument on your choice.

The EV6 GT-Line is the top trim level($58,120) I could have gotten a lower trim level in the $45k range. I am thinking if you went with the higher trim levels for the Lyriq you will be in the $70k+ price range or more.

The Kendall dealership also sells the Cadillac Lyriq and is a very nice place, nothing shabby about it.

One other factor in our decision was that the EV6 is available now.

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

This has been a problem with Kia dealers since at least the time the Stinger was released. That was the first time they really tried playing up-market and just failed in epic fashion, which is a shame, because the Stinger GT is a great car as I assume the EV6 will be. They're far to used to all the folks coming in and buying on a monthly payment and don't know how to play the quasi-luxury game.
My recommendation is that before writing off Kia EV6 you should test drive one.

We test drove Tesla Y, Volvo XC40 Recharge(EV), Mach e and the EV6 GT-Line. All were in the same, higher trim level. IMHO the EV6 GT-Line has a higher end feel and look than the others.

I am not trying to convince anyone that the EV6 is the best thing out there. Just don’t write it off your list because it is Kia without checking it out.
Sponsored

Last edited: