Kia EV 6 reservation page is live

LoneStar

Reaction score
Vehicles
son's CrossTrek beast, awaiting my R1T L.E.
Occupation
Engineer
EV7 maybe since its larger sized SUV-EV

OP
OP

GaryL

Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
Looks like the strategy is get your place in line early and see what sticks. Actually for my use case buying the EV6 and the low end Ford F150 might actually be a better fit and not a lot more money than R1T Max pack. One thing is for sure I wouldn't bet the farm on which vehicles will be available for delivery first.

Last edited:

fromSf

First Name
m
Reaction score
First Name
m
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, Mercedes S class - 2017
1500 first edition EV6, reservation is still open. I have placed a deposit for Ioniq5 already still thinking about EV6.

CommodoreAmiga

Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
I'm really tired of new vehicles being launched as "reservations"; especially from established manufacturers.

I can forgive Rivian and other startups for it... but Ford/GM/Hyundai/KIA really should just stop it.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Jeep Grand Cherokee; (LE - R1S)
Occupation
IT
I'm really tired of new vehicles being launched as "reservations"; especially from established manufacturers.

I can forgive Rivian and other startups for it... but Ford/GM/Hyundai/KIA really should just stop it.
I think they do it to gauge demand.

The problem is the deposit is too small to provide any reliable data. Anything less than 1k does not really show potential buyers. 100 dollars people will throw down to hold a place while they think about it. Just look at the people in this forum with 100 dollar deposits on 3 or 4 vehicles.

CommodoreAmiga

Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
I think they do it to gauge demand.

The problem is the deposit is too small to provide any reliable data. Anything less than 1k does not really show potential buyers. 100 dollars people will throw down to hold a place while they think about it. Just look at the people in this forum with 100 dollar deposits on 3 or 4 vehicles.
exactly, it's not an effective measure of demand. Besides, the manufacturer has already spent millions (or billions) on R&D at the point reservations are opened up... So I don't buy "demand" as the reason.

kanundrum

Reaction score
Vehicles
Sketch At most
Occupation
IT
1500 first edition EV6, reservation is still open. I have placed a deposit for Ioniq5 already still thinking about EV6.

ditto on the Ioniq 5 its coming to market first this fall so I will just stick/route. If Rivian cant commit me a date by the time Ioniq 5s are being delivered I shall be heading that route.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicles
2018 Honda Accord, 2021 Toyota Sienna
Man, that was an ordeal.! They have such a glitchy website. I’m guessing they didn’t expect this much web traffic. Finally got my order in after like 2 hours.
1819DD04-D9B4-4D5A-80D0-C39BB19FE48F.jpeg

slawwach

Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace, Hyundai Santa Cruz

I hear you. I also think it's annoying. Some manufacturers even go as far as showing renders or shells that don't have much to do with production vehicles and calling this a launch. It's all for interest free money, building hype.

Some people paid $50k in 2017 for Roadster that was supposed to launch in 2019. Others reserved Plaid+, which was cancelled.

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid

I’m glad for it. With limited production in launch year (even for established manufacturers like Ford), I like the option of being able to reserve a slot (as I did for one of the only ~15,000 Mach-E GTs). The other option is that I hope I can get one of the few allocated to a local dealer, when I have to compete with everyone who’s decided at the last minute they want one and when I’m not guaranteed color and options I want.
And then I also have to hope that the car is a flop at launch or else expect that the limited production/availability will mean a markup by the dealer.
Nope — give me the option to reserve and lock in MSRP.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicles
2018 Honda Accord, 2021 Toyota Sienna
Update: The Kia EV6 looks like it’s been delayed from January to February-May 2022
0F26F50F-83DD-4614-9809-04C648CAE707.jpeg

kanundrum

Reaction score
Vehicles
Sketch At most
Occupation
IT
Still waiting on Ioniq 5 information. Worldwide it seems it's been selling very well with no issues.

DB-EV

Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Still waiting on Ioniq 5 information. Worldwide it seems it's been selling very well with no issues.
Hey! I don't understand - I think I see this vehicle locally. Am I wrong? What are you looking for.

Advertisement

Advertisement