Sponsored

Keeping the truck in sport mode all the time?

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Does anyone here keep their rivian in sports mode? I’m curious if there is a negative to keeping the vehicle in sports mode other than lowering the range. I don’t drive far as is so range wouldn’t a worry.
Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Does anyone here keep their rivian in sports mode? I’m curious if there is a negative to keeping the vehicle in sports mode other than lowering the range. I don’t drive far as is so range wouldn’t a worry.
I think you'll see increased tire wear as the truck has some camber in low/lowest drive heights (and obviously you'll have more torque delivered as well).

The new Sport Mode is certainly more comfortable, but still not as pleasant as AP for daily driving.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I drive mine in sport mode pretty much all the time. I like it being the fastest it can be and the best handling.
Is there any or much difference between Sport, low, soft and All-purpose, low, soft?

I had read some traction and stability control differences but not sure how noticeable they are. Any throttle response differences?

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti
Clubs

Is there any or much difference between Sport, low, soft and All-purpose, low, soft?

I had read some traction and stability control differences but not sure how noticeable they are. Any throttle response differences?
Sport mode is fun and spirited. It’s extremely responsive and only way I can slam the vehicle to the ground so It can handle like it’s on rails. It can keep up with my sports sedans on lowest suspension highest / stiff with high regen.

It can break the rear end loose very easily around turns in a borderline scary way if you’re an amateur or experiencing it for your first time.

All purpose is very tame in comparison and I don’t even think about anything when I’m driving as far as pot holes or by mistakenly pushing the pedal too much around a turn / corner.

I use sport mode for majority of the time and only switching to all purpose when the roads are rough or my family is with me but honestly I’d rather use sport with soft settings and low height instead of lowest when my family is with me if the roads are half way decent over all purpose

Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things

I believe all purpose gives you like 70% throttle and sport is 100%. I'm not completely certain on that but there is a noticeable throttle response difference.

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
I believe all purpose gives you like 70% throttle and sport is 100%. I'm not completely certain on that but there is a noticeable throttle response difference.
All purpose feels like it's down ~100hp compared to sport in my opinion.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

thanks, that is good to know.

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I keep mine in Sport Mode.

I do wish Sport mode would be a bit more punchy with the throttle mapping, and increased steering tightness.

That would be ideal.
Sponsored