Sponsored

Just touched Down in Bloomington-Normal...

TDWRT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A bunch of German cars
Occupation
Finance
Visiting the in-laws for Thanksgiving in Bloomington. I hope to post my "spy shots" from around town on this thread. Got to work (remotely) tomorrow and Tuesday, but will be going out to lunch. Wish me luck.
Sponsored

Lil'Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE
Occupation
Product Support
Good luck! We've seen multiple each of the last few times we have been in BN. Uptown station parking garage and cruising by the factory is a great start.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Visiting the in-laws for Thanksgiving in Bloomington. I hope to post my "spy shots" from around town on this thread. Got to work (remotely) tomorrow and Tuesday, but will be going out to lunch. Wish me luck.
Find all your highschool buddies who work at rivian. Get a factory tour.

OP
OP
TDWRT1

TDWRT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A bunch of German cars
Occupation
Finance
Wasn't having much luck in town, so I drove out to the source today. All I can say is the trucks are even more impressive in person and Rivian Security is pretty cool. ;) I took several pictures of probably 20+ RIT's in the Employee parking lot. They asked me not to post those, so I won't. Didn't see LA Silver or Limestone. Mostly El Cap's and Rivian Blue. I did see one in white, which looked better than I thought it would.

Also ended up have a short chat about my Diesel Cayenne with a new employee out front who was waiting for a ride. He was very interested in it. Fairly rare beast in the Midwest apparently.

There is a lot of activity around the factory as you can see by the cones and bags in the pictures. Saw a few large tents too, but can't say what was or was not inside. I may go back one more time with the wife if we have time tomorrow. My appetite for this truck is definitely even more whetted than it was before.
Rivian R1T R1S Just touched Down in Bloomington-Normal... IMG_6662
Rivian R1T R1S Just touched Down in Bloomington-Normal... IMG_6673
Rivian R1T R1S Just touched Down in Bloomington-Normal... IMG_6667

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wasn't having much luck in town, so I drove out to the source today. All I can say is the trucks are even more impressive in person and Rivian Security is pretty cool. ;) I took several pictures of probably 20+ RIT's in the Employee parking lot. They asked me not to post those, so I won't. Didn't see LA Silver or Limestone. Mostly El Cap's and Rivian Blue. I did see one in white, which looked better than I thought it would.

Also ended up have a short chat about my Diesel Cayenne with a new employee out front who was waiting for a ride. He was very interested in it. Fairly rare beast in the Midwest apparently.

There is a lot of activity around the factory as you can see by the cones and bags in the pictures. Saw a few large tents too, but can't say what was or was not inside. I may go back one more time with the wife if we have time tomorrow. My appetite for this truck is definitely even more whetted than it was before.
IMG_6662.jpg
IMG_6673.jpg
IMG_6667.jpg
Did you get in touch with your schoolmate(I think it was) who works there? ?

OP
OP
TDWRT1

TDWRT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A bunch of German cars
Occupation
Finance
Did you get in touch with your schoolmate(I think it was) who works there? ?

No luck. I found an old email for him, but haven't gotten a reply yet. :( Drove by his old house today on the remote chance he still lived there and might be out front raking leaves. He wasn't.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No luck. I found an old email for him, but haven't gotten a reply yet. :( Drove by his old house today on the remote chance he still lived there and might be out front raking leaves. He wasn't.
darn

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Civic, EX-L, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

Saw a few large tents too, but can't say what was or was not inside.
On large construction sites, tents are often used for construction work lunch locations. At least at Intel in Oregon they are. The workers have to have a place for breaks and lunch. There usually isn't space in the customer's building for a large number of construction workers to all sit down. Also, the customer probably doesn't want to have food in their plant either.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

On large construction sites, tents are often used for construction work lunch locations. At least at Intel in Oregon they are. The workers have to have a place for breaks and lunch. There usually isn't space in the customer's building for a large number of construction workers to all sit down. Also, the customer probably doesn't want to have food in their plant either.
As long as they don’t start making vehicles under the tents I will be happy!

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
As long as they don’t start making vehicles under the tents I will be happy!
You mean you don't want your vehicle built in a circus-like environment?!?!
Sponsored

Reactions: Guy