Sponsored

Just took delivery 2023 R1T - First impressions.

Djrude10

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
CPA
I agree that the driver’s seat needs to go 2” lower. That’s been my only complaint with the seats, which I think are otherwise fantastic.
I’ve had to adjust my entry into the car otherwise I’d bang my melon every time 🤬
Sponsored

OP
OP
wwheelkid

wwheelkid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Finance
Second impressions...the truck rides very well...It has the potential to be a road trip machine - reliable charging may be the limiting factor.

One thing that is going to take some time is the throttle response. For backing up - when on "hold" it takes a lot of pressure (movement) to get moving and when it does it is a little to much - needs to slightly more responsive and maybe a little less regen in reverse. Also, I noticed that when driving over bumps I find myself oscillating the throttle as well. Could be an isolated incident but I don't remember any other vehicle having this feeling.

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
Well I wasn't quite as luck today on delivery. Overall truck is fine but had to take it with 2 main issues. 1) a dent in passenger door, looks like a pretty good door ding. And 2) driver side passenger black molding all scratched up and moved out of alignment some. Not sure how these passed inspection as saw them quickly - little flaky but they will take care of both. Hope remotely as it's a long drive there. Still novice at transport and delivery somewhat.

OP
OP
wwheelkid

wwheelkid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Finance
Well I wasn't quite as luck today on delivery. Overall truck is fine but had to take it with 2 main issues. 1) a dent in passenger door, looks like a pretty good door ding. And 2) driver side passenger black molding all scratched up and moved out of alignment some. Not sure how these passed inspection as saw them quickly - little flaky but they will take care of both. Hope remotely as it's a long drive there. Still novice at transport and delivery somewhat.
Wow...very unlucky..it would seem that this would have been noted before you traveled all that way to pick up your truck. These trucks are nearing $100k and they need to be delivered as such. I know new company etc..but quality control should be a top priority...even at the price before the price increase. Counter point - Rivian's point of view...most likely damaged in transport...delivery to customer and fix the problem later - however does Rivian have the capacity to fix these items in a timely manner with little or no inconvenience to the customer. Keep us updated...and post a quick picture when you have a chance...how it the interior...I bet epic...
Sponsored