Sponsored

Just took delivery 2023 R1T - First impressions.

wwheelkid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Finance
Just a quick update on my impressions of the R1T. Silver/Black/Ash All Terrain upgrade and manual tonneau cover. (June/July delivery).

1. Lack of XM radio - for now
  2. Very cool when you use the blinker and it makes a different sound when a car is in your blind spot.
  3. Where the heck do you find your odometer and/or trip data (found it but what a pain - Rivian you can do better).
  4. The outside temp showing on my dashboard read 101 and it only reached 85 or so today. So not sure if the placement of that sensor may need some attention.
  5. The ride is very tight and the tire pressures were 51 - 52 psi (hot)..so I may adjust those down a little when i check them in the morning.
  6. Still a little bit of a leg hike to get into the Rivian - even in kneel mode..which is very cool. Wasn't expect that.
  7. Notice quite a bit of heat coming from the glass roof inside - may need to look into to a sun shade - any suggestions.
  8. If your doors are hard to shut - crack your window and that should help a lot.
  9. Drives great - but hadn't jump on it yet.
  10. Lack of text messaging - I think this will be fixed soon.
  11. VIN number is 24xxx and built in 5/2023. So I have the new Rivian stereo.
  12. Would like the seating position to drop another 1 -2 inches.
  13. Make a ding sound when the traffic light turns green - Telsa does this and I have become accustomed to it.
  14. NO glove box - wow really...I am utilizing the seat storage for now. But this seems like a missed opportunity.
  15. Gear tunnel is awesome.
  16. Driver+ - please update to be able to change lanes with blinker as opposed to having to engage Drivers+ each time - also please get more highways mapped - or is a "tesla autopilot" coming soon to be able to use on most streets/highways/interstates...hope sooner than later.
  17. Delivery people in Atlanta, Brandi and Charles are top notch - thank you for making this so seamless.

Thanks, I would like to try my hands at a drive video and show the truck(s) in action if anyone in the Atl area is interested let me know.

To summarize - can't wait to drive it again!!!
Sponsored

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
Your #3 is a recent change, and I don’t think any of us are happy about it. IMO the first step backwards in the UI so far.

#7 - there are a few. Search the forums - several sponsors (including @electruck4x4 where I got mine) have them.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
Pictures please :)

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
  • Make a ding sound when the traffic light turns green - Telsa does this and I have become accustomed to it.
Oh heck no! Not unless it can be disabled.

Sponsored

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
Awesome great writeup and great to read. I'm picking up a Silver/20"AT/Ocean this afternoon and seems the build quality is usually great these days. Glad since live a good hour fifteen away from the SC here. I'm not overly critical usually but looking forward to the truck.

Seems the software releases/improves (usually) almost monthly so looking forward to those regular updates and improved features - that is one of the best things about this truck.

I sold my Hummer EV recently and that center software has had a few bug fixes since last Summer but it won't ever improve much, severely underpowered tech hardware in it as well that made it difficult to use for music/nav at times, so usually used Android Auto at least. The Rivian has a ton of opportunity over the months ahead though.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Glad to see Brandi still works there. I dealt with her too last year and she was great to work with.

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
Oh heck no! Not unless it can be disabled.
I think this is needed as a result of people not paying attention because they are on their phones at lights or any time not moving. I don’t like it and was added to Polestar but is something that can be turned off.

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

We have had our R1T for a little over a month. We just turned 2,000 miles and absolutely love the truck. We make up errands to take the truck out and then fight over who gets to drive. We are still learning about all of the features and how to use them.

Brian

Rivian R1T R1S Just took delivery 2023 R1T - First impressions. DSC_0006.JPG

Sponsored

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
Taking it out for the first adventure. Now to find out where I turn off the rear sensors.

IMG_8146.jpg
While they never fully disable, the rear sensors will be a little less intrusive on the display after a bit. Or maybe I just got used to it. LOL

(source: hauls my mtb’s around all the time on a Kuat rack)

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I think this is needed as a result of people not paying attention because they are on their phones at lights or any time not moving. I don’t like it and was added to Polestar but is something that can be turned off.
To the contrary, I see it as an enabler that encourages people to get engrossed in their phones while behind the wheel when they should be paying attention to their surroundings. When people hear the ding and look up from their phones to start driving, do they really take the time to check for pedestrians, red light runners, etc or do they just start driving?

And, yes, I would fully expect it to be a feature that could be disabled. I was merely expressing my personal displeasure at the annoyance of such a feature and suggesting that it would be disabled in my vehicle.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Taking it out for the first adventure. Now to find out where I turn off the rear sensors.

IMG_8146.jpg
Look in settings under driver+, there is a toggle in there that disables while in reverse.

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
Clubs

I agree that the driver’s seat needs to go 2” lower. That’s been my only complaint with the seats, which I think are otherwise fantastic.

OP
OP
wwheelkid

wwheelkid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Finance
Awesome great writeup and great to read. I'm picking up a Silver/20"AT/Ocean this afternoon and seems the build quality is usually great these days. Glad since live a good hour fifteen away from the SC here. I'm not overly critical usually but looking forward to the truck.

Seems the software releases/improves (usually) almost monthly so looking forward to those regular updates and improved features - that is one of the best things about this truck.

I sold my Hummer EV recently and that center software has had a few bug fixes since last Summer but it won't ever improve much, severely underpowered tech hardware in it as well that made it difficult to use for music/nav at times, so usually used Android Auto at least. The Rivian has a ton of opportunity over the months ahead though.
Good luck...I think your are going like the OF interior. I did notice while driving today that plenty of heat was coming off the windshield and heating up the top of the dashboard. For the first time I am thinking of getting the windshield tinted - light tint if any but trying to reduce the heat transfer as this truck will mostly be parked outside.

Getting the two front windows tinted on Monday...that should help as well.

Let me know your thoughts when you pick it up...I think you are going to have a blast driving it home.
Sponsored