Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Ford Raptor, Subaru Ascent
Occupation
Commercial Lender
  • Banned
Very excited... for my wife... for whom this vehicle is being purchased for. We have 3 boys, currently our stable of vehicles includes a 2017 Raptor, a 2019 Tesla Model S and a 2020 Subaru Ascent.

I have a dealer offer to buy my Raptor and I'm likely gonna pull the trigger on that in the next week or so. The Subaru Ascent is an amazing outdoors, camping vehicle for 3 kids with the 3rd row and towing capability but my wife wants something a little bigger. I want to go all-electric but my wife wants something that appears bigger than the Model X and truth be told - I don't want to spend that much money on an X anyway. The Rivian had been on the radar, but I just wasn't fully sold since we live in Minnesota and take many trips up north throughout the year to which I enjoy being able to do round trip in the Subaru without stopping for gas (about 330 miles). I think the 300+ RS1 is going to be good enough for us, and if the max pack gets announced during pre-orders without too much delay I'll likely switch over to that, otherwise I'm just playing the waiting game like so many of you all. I also was a Day 1 second 1 Cybertruck reservation holder.. I will be trading in the Model S for that to by my daily when it releases.

For the people who have ordered RS1 is there a better reason to change to adventure other than the sound upgrade? I prefer the gloss black mirror caps, and the matte black trim vs the wood grain so to me it seems like I'm just upgrading for sound?
Sponsored

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Very excited... for my wife... for whom this vehicle is being purchased for. We have 3 boys, currently our stable of vehicles includes a 2017 Raptor, a 2019 Tesla Model S and a 2020 Subaru Ascent.

I have a dealer offer to buy my Raptor and I'm likely gonna pull the trigger on that in the next week or so. The Subaru Ascent is an amazing outdoors, camping vehicle for 3 kids with the 3rd row and towing capability but my wife wants something a little bigger. I want to go all-electric but my wife wants something that appears bigger than the Model X and truth be told - I don't want to spend that much money on an X anyway. The Rivian had been on the radar, but I just wasn't fully sold since we live in Minnesota and take many trips up north throughout the year to which I enjoy being able to do round trip in the Subaru without stopping for gas (about 330 miles). I think the 300+ RS1 is going to be good enough for us, and if the max pack gets announced during pre-orders without too much delay I'll likely switch over to that, otherwise I'm just playing the waiting game like so many of you all. I also was a Day 1 second 1 Cybertruck reservation holder.. I will be trading in the Model S for that to by my daily when it releases.

For the people who have ordered RS1 is there a better reason to change to adventure other than the sound upgrade? I prefer the gloss black mirror caps, and the matte black trim vs the wood grain so to me it seems like I'm just upgrading for sound?
Ventilated seats and I think heated seats on the rear.

LeoH

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, Tesla S, MAzda CX-30, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Software Engineering Director

I change my mind almost every night. Upgrade the Trim vs customizing color and wheel. Both come up about the same price, but I am not sure which one I want more. However, I am leaning more towards the adventure trim because of the ventilated seats.

Simply because I can always go back and paint the car or change the rims, but whatever I get on the Adventure package I can't go back and get later.

Rivuylkill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
As much as I want to keep a truck, I think I'm also going to stick with R1S instead as my next upgrade for various reasons. I go back and forth on Explore vs. Adventure a lot and figure at this point it's not a big deal as the config isn't locked in yet. Plus, the R1S will not be ready until sometime next year probably, so we should hopefully have a lot of real world comparisons on the packages in the R1T.

I kind of prefer the explore but haven't closed the door on the upgraded sound and ventilated seats. The rest of the package is kind of a wash for me, at least until further details. I think I even prefer the black dash vs. wood with the lighter interior but waiting to see some real life ones.

That said, what might push me firmly into explore is whatever the R1S equivalent of the max pack is. Guesses are that it will be less than 100 miles due to size constraints and presumably that means less than $10k. The 300 +/- should realistically cover me but I do occasionally tow a boat on a longer trip and figure even if it's only an extra 50-70 miles at about the price of the package upgrade, it's probably worth choosing the range instead.

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Lining up the skateboards/floors:
1631116775598.png
And that demonstrates precisely why I pre-ordered the R1S and have zero interest in the X.

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

Honestly even if the price alone was for the ventilated seats I would go for it personally.

After having them on our Navigator I have no desire to go back to a vehicle that doesn't have that feature.
Sponsored