Sponsored

Just Ordered my Rivian R1S. Hoping to have it by Christmas...

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird

Sponsored

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Rivian R1T R1S Just Ordered my Rivian R1S.  Hoping to have it by Christmas... 1638848405295

Kidding aside, you are within driving distance to Normal. You never know, you may get a good date. You should know about your delivery window around this Christmas. Let us know when you find out. Welcome to the forum.

DeafPug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
It's a $10.49 option at your local AutoZone auto parts store to get red brake calipers instead of the yellow that Rivian ships their vehicles with

Rivian R1T R1S Just Ordered my Rivian R1S.  Hoping to have it by Christmas... 1638850193145

AndroidAppBundle

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bianchi
Try Christmas 2023. And more realistically....2024

Rivian is still dealing with 1 assembly line for two vehicles, plus a dedicated assembly line for the Amazon van. Last we knew, Rivian still couldn't produce more then 2 vehicles a day.

wizard467

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (10/2022), Honda Ridgeline
Try Christmas 2023. And more realistically....2024

Rivian still couldn't produce more then 2 vehicles a day.
Rivian was producing 15 a day (assuming a 7 day work week 104/7) for the last week of October per the last amendment of the S1. They certainly haven’t gone down in production rate in the last month and a half.
We will have a new production rate on the 16th with their quarterly results.

Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
We also ordered an RS1 a few days ago. I have a close neighbor who works at the Irvine facility and regularly brings an RT1 or RS1 home with him for long term testing. I've had the pleasure of riding in both, maybe even drove a lap around the neighborhood circle. I'll tell you, the Rivian's are amazing and probably worth the wait. A fully refundable deposit makes it a no brainer.

BradSomrak

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘16 Jeep.
Occupation
Atty.
We also ordered an RS1 a few days ago. I have a close neighbor who works at the Irvine facility and regularly brings an RT1 or RS1 home with him for long term testing. I've had the pleasure of riding in both, maybe even drove a lap around the neighborhood circle. I'll tell you, the Rivian's are amazing and probably worth the wait. A fully refundable deposit makes it a no brainer.
Understanding that your deposit is in on the S, which did you like more? All things being equal.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Man posting was a big mistake. I know of no one else who has tried both. You are in for a ton of questions. Let’s start with:

1. Any difference in ride, noise, front seat space,…..?
  2. Did you try 5 and 7 seater? Did you notice any space difference?
  3. Any impression of R1S interior space?
  4. Any of them were Explore?
  5. Anything else you like to share?
Sponsored