First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Honda Accord
Occupation
Retired
Hello to everyone. I currently own a 2016 Honda Accord V6.
Great car but I want to add an EV to the family.
I’ve had a Tesla MS on order,
but I’ve really enjoyed trucks.
I bought a new 1999 F150 stick shift and drive it for about 13 years.

i’m not too thrilled with the Tesla yoke wheel, and as of now there may not be an option for a round wheel which would probably be a deal breaker.

The Rivian R1T gets rave reviews.
My only concern is that they don’t have any service centers in Tucson,Arizona. Looks like the closest ones are in Phoenix which are about two hours away,
Unless Rivian plans to have mobile service in Tucson.
The other issue is the length of the truck. I think I could probably squeeze it in with an inch or two to spare. Lol.
I definitely wouldn’t want to park it in the driveway,especially with our summer heat.
Anyway glad to be on the forum.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ovfit

Ovfit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Honda Accord
Occupation
Retired
Correction: Drove it. ?.
Was also referring to trying to fit it in the garage. It might just fit with an inch or two to spare… hopefully.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Welcome! It’s a great group of people here who eat, sleep and breath Rivian. Just in the last few weeks we have started to see forum members and other customers getting deliveries of their trucks, so it’s a very exciting time. Be glad you weren’t here on 3/1 when Rivian tried to raise prices on everyone, including those who have been waiting 4 years for their trucks. It got a little dark around here.

The R1T is just barely longer and a decent amount wider than a Toyota Tacoma. So if you could fit that in your garage you can fit your R1T.

OP
OP
Ovfit

Ovfit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Honda Accord
Occupation
Retired
Thanks COdogman,
I’ll measure the garage to make sure it’ll fit but I think I have a few inches to spare.

Sponsored

Rivian_Hugh_III

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti EX35
Correction: Drove it. ?.
Was also referring to trying to fit it in the garage. It might just fit with an inch or two to spare… hopefully.
I know someone who hung a tennis ball from the ceiling of the garage to aid in parking. The second the ball touched the windshield he would stop. Made it with inches to spare for the garage door every single time.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Thanks COdogman,
I’ll measure the garage to make sure it’ll fit but I think I have a few inches to spare.
I bought one of these for my garage at my apartment complex. I only have a few inches to spare and it has an outlet on the side wall that I use to plug in the sensor. Works perfectly.

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
I wouldn't worry at all about service. If you choose to order one, it's going to be at least 2 years before you can get one. Their service model is they come to you, wherever you live in North America. If they can't fix it with their mobile service, they give you a loaner and take it to the service center themselves. Either way, you will have plenty of time to hear about service locations being built and how they execute over the next two years while you wait. And who knows, maybe the global supply chain will improve, their production will ramp sooner than projected, and you can get a vehicle sooner than 2 years. The pessimistic side of me says my lifelong desire to capture a picture of a flying pig has about an equal chance of that happening though.
Sponsored