atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Took the TINNIEST of a pebble this afternoon. I barely even heard it hit. But, I have a very small chip just below the driver’s field of vision (at least IMHO). A tiny piece of it was still embedded in the windshield.

I’m hoping I can get Safelite to come fix it before it gets any worse. Truly, this “glass” is as soft as butter. Or margarine.
Rivian R1T R1S Just joined the Chipped Windshield Club 1663969479946
Sponsored

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Within the first couple weeks when I get the front clip ppf'd and interior tinted I plan on getting exoshield on the front window. I drive 60 miles a day on a major freeway that is a huge gravel corridor. Massive amount of rock trucks on this road every day, so I will need protection even though it is slightly pricey.

OP
OP
atebit

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Just got a mobile repair scheduled for tomorrow. No Whammies No Whammies!

Now I will probably wait for more extensive damage before I consider something like Exoshield. But if it comes to that,scheduling the Exoshield will be the call to schedule the windshield replacement.

Last edited:

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Took the TINNIEST of a pebble this afternoon. I barely even heard it hit. But, I have a very small chip just below the driver’s field of vision (at least IMHO). A tiny piece of it was still embedded in the windshield.

I’m hoping I can get Safelite to come fix it before it gets any worse. Truly, this “glass” is as soft as butter. Or margarine.
1663969479946.png

OP
OP
atebit

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Yeah, it was something like that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
atebit

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Safelite came earlier than their appointment time this morning. I think he was done in like 20 minutes. Repair looks pretty good, just like a little bug spot. In the past, I’ve found these repairs either tend to look better over time, or my brain manages to Gestalt it out of my field of vision somehow. Hopefully this will be the only one…

No.92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Get it repaired asap if you ever get into this situation. It will expand into a big crack if not taken care of
Sponsored