Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
it is odd, I do see some people posting getting 1.7 driving, and it’s crazy to me, but I’ve also seen people post 2.3 and 2.4. Efficiency is weird. I guess this thing is a brick on wheels so it’s already not very aerodynamic , hard to make it worse!
I have a service center appointment next month gonna ask them because I drove a loaner truck this month on 20’s and got 2.4. So it’s… weird.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Josh.Gonzales96

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Great photos! Great setup! Are you able to mount Skycamp directly on the bed rack, or does it need supplemental hardware?
I actually removed the weird clamps ikamper uses and put large t bolts in. There's a few options you can go with, and I think Sam is working on a better solution currently, but my t bolts work perfectly for me.

JamesJP

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riven 2023 R1T, 2023 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Traveler
Here is the 1,000 mile efficiency update. It isn't too bad, it's actually about right where I was getting with the tent by itself on my bed. So I'm confident in saying the bed rack alone is a very minimal range hit compared to the tent

IMG_4937.jpeg
Thank you for the update. Just to be clear, what is the compare? Prior tent on the crossbars in the bed vs ruff rack with the tent on? Or is it the tent on the crossbars in the bed vs. ruff rack with no tent?

Thank you! I ordered the racks and spoke to Sam today about some risers. He is very helpful and clearly puts his customers first. So far I can recommend.

OP
OP

Josh.Gonzales96

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Thank you for the update. Just to be clear, what is the compare? Prior tent on the crossbars in the bed vs ruff rack with the tent on? Or is it the tent on the crossbars in the bed vs. ruff rack with no tent?

Thank you! I ordered the racks and spoke to Sam today about some risers. He is very helpful and clearly puts his customers first. So far I can recommend.

Hes a good guy!

The only data I have is:

Tent + OEM crossbars: 1.83
Tent + ORR bed rack: 1.8
Tent + ORR bed/roof rack: 1.87 (current average at 700 miles so far)

I don't have any data without the tent, etc

Sponsored

Tampa_Rivian

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Volvo XC60 Recharge
Occupation
FTX Market Analyst
what kind of mount or bolts are needed to mount the awning to the rivian crossbars?

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Here is the 1,000 mile efficiency update. It isn't too bad, it's actually about right where I was getting with the tent by itself on my bed. So I'm confident in saying the bed rack alone is a very minimal range hit compared to the tent

IMG_4937.jpeg
Average speed of 35mph, though.

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
Average speed of 35mph, though.
Yeah pretty low but also my efficiency is actually worse around town than when I go on trips, strangely. Would love to see a single trip efficiency at like 70mph

FooF

First Name
FooF
Threads
Reaction score
Website
foof.me
Vehicles
2022 R1S Launch Green
Occupation
DJ
Clubs

How is the wind noise on the roof rack compared to the rivian crossbars?

ssincl3

First Name
Sanjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I didn’t forget about you. Here’s some pics. It fits. But I have to load the bike with the tailgate down, and kinda lift it up as I close the tailgate. Easy with one bike, might get more complicated with more than two

E98DA58F-3BAC-4E5E-A24D-C55C16A7F77D.jpeg

1FBB1499-A0FF-4D65-AB45-5651946A5B53.jpeg

C406861F-ECD8-4D9C-B822-98EACF1A19E4.jpeg

FDAFF982-4B4C-4A83-B8FD-1831B638003A.jpeg

1AAB6F18-52DE-4362-BED3-E6941898CE8E.jpeg
Do you know if the third brake light is visible? The main two brake lights are so tiny and with the bikes hanging off the back I’m sure it’s worse. Is there an option to have a third brake light on the rack itself?

SWAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Here’s the first customer delivery of Overland Ruff Rax bed rack system for the R1T (not affiliated with them at all)

I go into more detail on the Reddit page , but a quick rundown.
DJI_0024.jpeg

DJI_0032.jpeg

I previously ran the tent on the bed with rivian racks. I had about an average of 1.8ish efficiency, now (small sample size) I am getting 1.99 efficiency. I have included pictures of efficient before and after the rack. I was very surprised by the efficiency boost, I believe it’s because now the spoiler directs the air below the tent, rather than directly at it. I will post a 1k mile update.
IMG_4743.jpeg
IMG_4758.jpeg

Also included pictures of visibility out the rear window before and after the rack. This was a huge perk for me.
IMG_4733.jpeg
IMG_4741.jpeg

This mounts to the factory receivers, no drilling required! Tonneau cover is still 100% usable.

IMG_4735.jpeg
IMG_4734.jpeg

I understand at first the price was a question for some people, they have since adjusted their prices but it is still a hard pill to swallow. From my personal experience with them, I believe it's worth the money, but everyone uses this truck in different ways, so for some people it might now be worth the money. Just to put this in perspective as of right now this is the only bed rack system you can buy right now, and one of the only ones who figured out how to use the special Rivian Receivers. Another commented on one of the forums was this "there may be a Rivian premium but the reality is the R1T is a much lower volume truck compared to the Tacoma and some of the other vehicles they make these for. I’m assuming they priced these so that the breakeven/profit point accounts for the lower number of expected units sold." which definitely makes a good point, we don't own a tacoma, we own a very low production and new to the market vehicle, it will take some time and competition until prices for accessories fall more in line with some vehicle you all may be used to.

Some of the main driving factors for this purchase for me personally, I wanted more bed access again, I wanted increased visibility, I want convenient mounting solutions for my adventures, and just simply love the looks of this!

If you have any questions, or picture requests, let me know and I’ll try my best to answer all of them! My goal is to answer as many questions as I can, supply as much information of the rack, take pictures, and provide an unbiased opinion! I will be doing my best to post updates along the life of them also

IMG_4751.jpeg

IMG_4754.jpeg

IMG_4750.jpeg

Does it block the rear camera in the spoiler?
Sponsored