Just got an email from Rivian (3/1/21)

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas
Background: several people had issues with logging in during Launch week. Customer Service tried, but they couldn't get me logged in until Wednesday of the following week. All the LEs were gone. They promised I would be able to order an LE since it wasn't my fault.

I think they may be getting close to allowing LE configurations. (knock on wood and crossing fingers and toes). :)

Today I received this letter:

Hi David,

Late last year, we ran into a bug that prevented certain preorder holders from configuring their Launch Edition Rivians. Now that we have a solution in place, we're ready to update your account!

What happens next?
We'll update your preorder with a Launch Edition Rivian. By 03/03/2021, you'll see that your configured vehicle has been updated to Launch Edition. Feel free to toggle between the Launch Edition R1T and Launch Edition R1S if you’d like. You can also edit the vehicle options as you see fit (just don't select the Adventure or Explore packages- those would release your Launch Edition status).

When you're satisfied with your newly configured Launch Edition Rivian, go ahead and save your preferences. Priority delivery timing will be reflected on your account page.

Thanks for your patience and we'll see you on the road (even sooner).

The Rivian Team
Sponsored

RockDaphne98296

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE,
Occupation
Commercial Aerospace Interiors
Love this - I turned my LE reservation in a few weeks ago, and I am still mourning that decision as I love the R1 S and everything that Rivian is accomplishing. I am also happy to see that Rivian continues to show amazing customer support! I ended up buying the other reservation I had, and I absolutely love it - a Mustang Mach E. I am still rooting for Rivian and maybe my next car in 5 years or so will be a Rivian... my husband keeps saying he will take one ;-D, so maybe shorter than 5 years!

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Love this - I turned my LE reservation in a few weeks ago, and I am still mourning that decision as I love the R1 S and everything that Rivian is accomplishing. I am also happy to see that Rivian continues to show amazing customer support! I ended up buying the other reservation I had, and I absolutely love it - a Mustang Mach E. I am still rooting for Rivian and maybe my next car in 5 years or so will be a Rivian... my husband keeps saying he will take one ;-D, so maybe shorter than 5 years!
I hope you two and your dogs enjoy the Mach E. I've been reading great things about it. Also, you will end up with new Rivian models and updates to the R1S in the years to come.

I hope you can give us some real-world feedback on your actual mileage/range and driving takes for your Mach E, along with your charging experience, especially as it relates to Electrify America.

Enjoy and come back soon!

HackyMoto

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 (Gray), Toyota Highlander (Gray)
Occupation
Engineer
so today is the 5th...so how did it go?

Sponsored

RockDaphne98296

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE,
Occupation
Commercial Aerospace Interiors
I hope you two and your dogs enjoy the Mach E. I've been reading great things about it. Also, you will end up with new Rivian models and updates to the R1S in the years to come.

I hope you can give us some real-world feedback on your actual mileage/range and driving takes for your Mach E, along with your charging experience, especially as it relates to Electrify America.

Enjoy and come back soon!
So I have owned the Mach E for a month - I love it! The range is still in that winter down mode and unfortunately I am only driving it twice a week or so! Sigh - our offices are still on Phase 2 and even through we are transitioning to Phase 3, they are saying most of us need to keep our days in the office at 2 days a week for the foreseeable future. So I am getting about 220 range. I would love to drive it everyday and see what a real estimate is... I look forward to June when it may be over 40 degrees everyday too! I can do either surface streets (about 14 miles) and nothing over 35 mph or freeways (27 miles) and 65 mph... so it will be interesting to test both and then a mix this summer to see his full potential...

Regarding Electrify America - I haven't had the chance yet - I have a level 2 charger at home and I haven't taken any drives long enough to require away from home charging. In fact I have actually tried only charging once a week and it was perfectly fine as expected. My son who lives about 2 hrs away is asking us to drive it over, and same for my daughter who lives 6 hours away - so there will be opportunities this spring and summer.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

So I have owned the Mach E for a month - I love it! The range is still in that winter down mode and unfortunately I am only driving it twice a week or so! Sigh - our offices are still on Phase 2 and even through we are transitioning to Phase 3, they are saying most of us need to keep our days in the office at 2 days a week for the foreseeable future. So I am getting about 220 range. I would love to drive it everyday and see what a real estimate is... I look forward to June when it may be over 40 degrees everyday too! I can do either surface streets (about 14 miles) and nothing over 35 mph or freeways (27 miles) and 65 mph... so it will be interesting to test both and then a mix this summer to see his full potential...

Regarding Electrify America - I haven't had the chance yet - I have a level 2 charger at home and I haven't taken any drives long enough to require away from home charging. In fact I have actually tried only charging once a week and it was perfectly fine as expected. My son who lives about 2 hrs away is asking us to drive it over, and same for my daughter who lives 6 hours away - so there will be opportunities this spring and summer.
RockDaphne,

It's great to hear that you're loving your Mach E! I'm going to have to stop by my local Ford Dealership to take a look at one in the flesh. I've read a number of great reviews that echo what you're saying about it.

I think we're lucky to be living in such a temperate climate (I'm in the Portland 'burbs). Not too hot, not too cold. I'll stop short of saying "It's juuust right!", because of our gray skies and rain, but since I burn under a Full Moon, I love our weather! I'm guessing it will help your average range, not having to rely on A/C as much as some will in other places. Same for less heat needed in the Winter than many of those around the country. Now, if your left foot is a size 6½ and your right one is a 12, all bets are off. Regardless, that thing screams "Fun!" even if does so quietly. Get out there and enjoy it!

Again, thanks for the update and I hope your Plug 'n Play experience with ElectrifyAmerica is everything it's promised to be.

Enjoy and please keep us updated going forward!
(Cool pics are always appreciated!)
Sponsored