Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
18. The sound you hear when signaling to go left or right....is that of a heartbeat (interesting touch).
This is a fun little thing I hadn't heard before!
Do you know if the heartbeat sound can be changed? I hope so. I know some people who might refuse to ride in the vehicle if they had to hear that at every turn.
heart beat? why have we never heard that before? sounds kind of gimmicky to me.
I heard it as well & there is a video out there with both the blinker & the horn sounds. It was described to me as a wood block, and it's WAY more soothing & better than a typical blinker sound.

Let me see if I have a local copy of the video & if I can upload it.
Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

carl

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, VW Atlas, Volvo V60 Polestar
Clubs

Agree....I'll find multiple uses for that space.....and having the door to sit/stand on is a nice plus and will be useful.
This is one area I'm really looking forward to seeing what the after market comes up with. I think having the stock shuttle preinstalled would be worth it; but as nice as the kitchen set is, the attachments that the aftermarket will come up with I have a feeling will be much improved. Yes, the placement of the dishes is nice and neat, but it could be optimized a lot to minimize the space it takes up so there is space for more things to be stored.

timg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda, Jeep
Occupation
Retired
How was the ride quality with regard to road noise? Did the cabin seem fairly well insulated?

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Any chance to post this somewhere without compulsory registration?

this isn't going anywhere. I've linked to the time stamp where he uses the blinker.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Any chance to post this somewhere without compulsory registration?
Sorry, I didn't realize you had to register...

Ribeye

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
63 Lincoln
The legend of the inaccessible tonneau cover continues! Starting to wonder if every R1T won't come equipped with a Rivian employee to say "woah woah woah, slow your jets there" every time you even think about activating the cover. Maybe that's SasquWatch's true job.

One day...
W8jn8fP.gif
Saw this on Reddit, supposedly from the Venice Hub this weekend.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
So.. I dude reviewing a truck… but he’s never driven a truck before? Ok
He was definitely an interesting choice to select to review it. He apparently thought a CCS port is a port Rivian is developing for DCFC... Probably good to get it in the hands of general tech reviewers though and not just car people.

To be fair to Sam: how many trucks actually exist in NYC? I'm surprised he has a driver's license.

Last edited:

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Someone should ask for their test drive to occur at an EA station and for them to arrive with it <15% charged. ?

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
He was definitely an interesting choice to select to review it. He apparently thought a CCS port is a port Rivian is developing for DCFC... Probably good to get it in the hands of general tech reviewers though and not just car people.

To be fair to Sam: how many trucks actually exist in NYC? I'm surprised he has a driver's license.
Lol

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Someone should ask for their test drive to occur at an EA station and for them to arrive with it <15% charged. ?
Someone that has ordered 2 one in his wife's name and one under his name. You can test drive one and charge the other in your ~30min allocated ??

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Someone that has ordered 2 one in his wife's name and one under his name. You can test drive one and charge the other in your ~30min allocated ??
I mean, if y'all want to wait till the first drive events come to Seattle in 2023 I can do that.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I am 5" 10" .Also, I just spent a fair amount of time driving back from Long Island in Sunday traffic in my Jeep Grand Cherokee and was thinking about how much more visibility the Rivian had. The windshield seemed bigger (due to the design ...which felt like the dashboard was lower (vs. the Jeep) and the hood of the Rivian (frunk) seemed to have more downward slope (vs. the jeep). I am thinking you'll be good.
Frankie,

I love your feedback! From all of the personal and professional reviews I've read, along with on my own experience, I have yet to hear any significant complaints about the seating position, the view, or the driving dynamics of the R1T. I hope @Sacagawea and family find it as comfortable and enjoyable as most all others have.

I'm not including Bloomberg because, well, they're Bloomberg. The one Perma-frown in the crowd. For those who don't rely on mass transportation or limos, those who have to get around in the real world on their own, these vehicles are going to amaze.

Once these things start landing in customer's hands, the news will really spread. When neighbors, friends, and family start getting ride-alongs and (for the lucky ones) test-drives, watch the reservation numbers climb. At best, they'll go up faster than an Endurance on its maiden voyage. At worst, they'll experience a steady climb upward, just like Bloomberg himself stepping up into an R1T. Of course, he'd be climbing into the back seat. Even with self-driving features, you are required to have a valid driver's license.
Sponsored