Sponsored

brianmartin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Camaro 2.0t
heart beat? why have we never heard that before? sounds kind of gimmicky to me.
Sponsored

rockdogz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
At the event in Venice Beach today they had no issues with rolling the tonneau cover open and closed, so that was good to see.

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Thanks for this. Any word on when public deliveries will start?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks for this. Any word on when public deliveries will start?
There is at least one forum member who has an estimated October delivery in the Seattle area. Judging by the activity at the service center, things look imminent.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
There is at least one forum member who has an estimated October delivery in the Seattle area. Judging by the activity at the service center, things look imminent.
Is this Duck?

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Ummm forum members don’t count as customers because they know too much!!1

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
The power tonneau has always been on my "con" list
Ummm forum members don’t count as customers because they know too much!!1
And @DuckTruck also has another strike against him as a Media/Influencer after getting interviewed for the First Drive event.

The list so far for "not counting" is:
Works for Rivian
Has ever worked for Rivian in the past
Has ever invested money in Rivan
Is married to someone that works at Rivian
Is married to someone that ever worked at Rivian
Has invested in Rivian
Is a member of the media
Is a social media influencer
Increases their social media posting after taking delivery paying for, licensing, registering and insuring a Rivian

Bottom line:
"Anyone that gets anything (test drive, delivery, etc) that didn't place a preorder before me doesn't count!"

Sacagawea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Cooper, Harley
Thank you for these observations. I have been particularly interested in the visibility. I have a Tacoma I use as a farm truck now and the visibility through the front windshield is terrible, to say nothing of the performance.
I'm curious about the visibility as well but for a different reason. I'm 5'3" and have been disappointed more times than I can say in a vehicle I otherwise like making visibility uncomfortable. Auto makers don't take this into account often enough. (daughter 5'1", MIL 4'11", friend 5'4") Don't want to drive with seat pulled up almost against steering wheel; seat belt cutting across our necks. How tall are you that you felt comfortable with the visibility?

Arky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru WRX STI
Bottom line:
"Anyone that gets anything (test drive, delivery, etc) that didn't place a preorder before me doesn't count!"
Not really, what we're worried about is if all the deliveries go to people with a 'special' relationship with the company than we're probably not getting honest or clear feedback about the experience. It's very possible deliveries could have been conditional on some NDA or restricted disclosure agreement. This kind of thing (or at least the existence of this kind of thing) would be extremely hard to enforce to the general public that has no relation to the company.

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

The power tonneau has always been on my "con" list

And @DuckTruck also has another strike against him as a Media/Influencer after getting interviewed for the First Drive event.

The list so far for "not counting" is:
Works for Rivian
Has ever worked for Rivian in the past
Has ever invested money in Rivan
Is married to someone that works at Rivian
Is married to someone that ever worked at Rivian
Has invested in Rivian
Is a member of the media
Is a social media influencer
Increases their social media posting after taking delivery paying for, licensing, registering and insuring a Rivian

Bottom line:
Guilty on both counts, as charged. ?

I promise. I'll turn myself in....soon....

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Bottom line:
I have to say, if I ever get my Rivian, I'm gonna wonder when they are going to start paying me to keep quiet about it.

OP
OP
Frankie

Frankie

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1988 BMW M6, Jeep Grand Cherokees, Subaru Outback
Occupation
Financial
Thanks for posting. I love it when the law pulls up to…check out your ride…
Yes...that was a fun moment for sure!

OP
OP
Frankie

Frankie

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1988 BMW M6, Jeep Grand Cherokees, Subaru Outback
Occupation
Financial
I'm curious about the visibility as well but for a different reason. I'm 5'3" and have been disappointed more times than I can say in a vehicle I otherwise like making visibility uncomfortable. Auto makers don't take this into account often enough. (daughter 5'1", MIL 4'11", friend 5'4") Don't want to drive with seat pulled up almost against steering wheel; seat belt cutting across our necks. How tall are you that you felt comfortable with the visibility?
I am 5" 10" .Also, I just spent a fair amount of time driving back from Long Island in Sunday traffic in my Jeep Grand Cherokee and was thinking about how much more visibility the Rivian had. The windshield seemed bigger (due to the design ...which felt like the dashboard was lower (vs. the Jeep) and the hood of the Rivian (frunk) seemed to have more downward slope (vs. the jeep). I am thinking you'll be good.

Sacagawea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Cooper, Harley
I am 5" 10" .Also, I just spent a fair amount of time driving back from Long Island in Sunday traffic in my Jeep Grand Cherokee and was thinking about how much more visibility the Rivian had. The windshield seemed bigger (due to the design ...which felt like the dashboard was lower (vs. the Jeep) and the hood of the Rivian (frunk) seemed to have more downward slope (vs. the jeep). I am thinking you'll be good.
Thank you! That does help me remain hopeful.
Sponsored