Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Took my truck in for unrelated-to-wheels service today, and got 20" AT-Bright wheels for $2501 ($2076.68 for the wheels themselves, $140 for the center caps, $284.32 for the TMPS.)

$520 per wheel isn't bad for forged 20s. They said I could even get a 5th as spare, but they didn't have a 5th in stock. Since I'm going to put road tires on, and its now winter, I'm just going to store the wheels until Spring when I'll put road tires on. I'll check with the SC for a 5th/spare before I buy the tires.

The call center insisted as recently as last week that they couldn't sell bare-wheels, only wheel+tire packages.
Sponsored

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Took my truck in for unrelated-to-wheels service today, and got 20" AT-Bright wheels for $2501 ($2076.68 for the wheels themselves, $140 for the center caps, $284.32 for the TMPS.)

$520 per wheel isn't bad for forged 20s. They said I could even get a 5th as spare, but they didn't have a 5th in stock. Since I'm going to put road tires on, and its now winter, I'm just going to store the wheels until Spring when I'll put road tires on. I'll check with the SC for a 5th/spare before I buy the tires.

The call center insisted as recently as last week that they couldn't sell bare-wheels, only wheel+tire packages.

Upgraded rims and tires for $2500?

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

No tires, just rims. Adding tires would add $1000. But I don't want the Rivian-supplied 20" tires; I already have a set of those!

dp351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ariel Atom, R1T
Clubs

I asked my guide about Rivian selling wheels without tires last week and she said “anything’s possible in the near future”.

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

I asked my guide about Rivian selling wheels without tires last week and she said “anything’s possible in the near future”.
Yep. I had been told "no" by phone repeatedly. The trick is to not ask anyone remotely, ask your SC directly.

Sponsored

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Brooklyn is a three hour ride in traffic for me. The phone folks told me they called the Brooklyn SC on my behalf about wheels-only & that the answer was “no”.

OP
OP

cleex024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model x
Well if anyone is looking for my exact setup I'm willing to sell it at a decent discount... or if anyone's looking for 20 ats on the a/t tires then I'm willing to get the darks with tire combo and put the new tires on the ats and keep the darks as that's what I want now.

So if anyone is interested in either option I'm open to selling or swapping for darks.

OP
OP

cleex024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model x
actually anyone interested in buying these as spares? i can buy the 20" darks with tires and transfer the tires to the a/t's...then it will essentially be a brand new 20" a/t spare...ill sell them that way for $750 each.

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

actually anyone interested in buying these as spares? i can buy the 20" darks with tires and transfer the tires to the a/t's...then it will essentially be a brand new 20" a/t spare...ill sell them that way for $750 each.

Whats the cost of shipping ? Rivian Service says its always coming "s00n"

OP
OP

cleex024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model x
Whats the cost of shipping ? Rivian Service says its always coming "s00n"
that im not sure...im in VA and travel to DC here and there...also will be going down to atlanta here soon so if anyones interested let me know soon so i can get everything ready.

Sponsored

Opa

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Tacoma
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

So far they feel exactly the same so if you want the 20s I would say go for it... my disappointment is that the 20s setup isn't that much lighter than the 21s therefore it isn't any more efficient.
So, do I understand that you got the 20” wheels with AT tires and then swapped to 20” AS tires and got similar efficiency as the 21” AS tire and wheel combo that also comes standard on a Rivian?? If so, that is the info I have been looking for since I have worn out my ATs already and need a new set of tires and would like to get AS tires that would give the extra range.

OP
OP

cleex024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model x
So, do I understand that you got the 20” wheels with AT tires and then swapped to 20” AS tires and got similar efficiency as the 21” AS tire and wheel combo that also comes standard on a Rivian?? If so, that is the info I have been looking for since I have worn out my ATs already and need a new set of tires and would like to get AS tires that would give the extra range.
yes thats what im getting...but you will have to get your speedo recalibrated as it will be off by a bit.

harveybl

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Can't wait to hear how efficiency is with the new tires. Thanks for guinea pigging this one. I had the same idea just no truck yet.

I like the way it looks lowered but on the high setting the tires start to look a bit small in proportion to the truck. Wondering if there will be an all season 34" tire for the 20" wheels ? Haven't found any so far.
Nokian has the One HT tire that is A/S and 275/65 R20.

harveybl

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I made a post on rivian Reddit on some math I did last night on same topic. I factored weight as primary item as didn’t see any ratings for rolling resistance. Does anyone know if we can use 265 instead of 275 if the load rating is same?