OP
OP

cleex024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model x
@cleex024

How have the Scorpion AS plus 3 held up in the winter?
Pretty well...I only will up the mountain once but no snow here in VA lol. I might try a different tire next.... my biggest thing right now in this is soft and quiet

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
How have the Scorpion AS plus 3 held up in the winter?
FWIW, I ran the Pirelli Scorpion AS + II and III on a couple vehicles and I would consider them a true all-season tire. They handled quite well in winter conditions. They were my favorite tire on my Model X and Ford Explorer.

Of course a dedicated winter tire like The Scorpion Winter (also excellent), Blizzaks (excellent), etc.. are still going to be best in winter conditions. But I didn't feel they were enough better vs. the Scorpion AS + to warrant storing and swapping seasonal wheel sets. Quite honestly if conditions are that bad, put on cables or snow socks or just stay home. And I say this is someone who does a lot of Colorado mountain driving. The Goodyear F1's that came stock on our Model Y are dangerous on any winter road. So I run Scorpion Winter tires on it. Except this year. I replaced the F1's with Michelin Pilot Sport AS 4 tires. Also surprisingly well rounded as a tire. I don' think they make any with an LT or high enough rating for the Rivian. But I think they drive a bit smoother and quieter than the Pirelli Scorpion AS +, not quite as good for winter, but still respectable. I still season-swapped after our first real storm because I have the winter set.

The Scorpion AT OEM tires for the R1T are pretty good all around, but slick roads are their biggest weakness. Ice and slush give them a little trouble, powder or deep snow seems to be alright. Once again, I'd advocate cables or snow socks vs. seasonal tire swap. I have no experience with the other AS or road Pirelli offerings on the R1T...

johnjohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
IG: thegreenmachine_R1T
Clubs

Just picked up tpms and center caps for the 20s just now... if anyone's interested I have posted pictures below of the tpms in case you think some aftermarket ones will work

In here at discount tire and definitely had to have them think I'm installing these on a different truck...I told them a navigator but it would be better if you found a truck that has these similar specs on tires and tpms that use 433hz frequency as they kept telling me not to install these tpms on these wheels lol... even though it clearly has rivian on the wheels in bright yellow 🤣

20221025_110313.jpg
20221025_110324.jpg
Do you have a link to purchase these?

I am highly considering replacing my OEM 20s for the Scorpion AS plus 3 tires.

Sponsored