First Name
Krispi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
big wheel
Occupation
donut maker
i needed another vehicle, and could not wait any longer for the R1S. was gonna buy an EQS580, but got access to R1 shop same evening.
found an acceptable R1s, different color and equipment (not complaining). happy to get it after such a long wait.

i’m can pick it up Thursday. hooray, its finally happening, and my daughter now gets my Honda Accord.

hopefully the glass roof will not make car too hot in TX
Sponsored

Mayur2378

First Name
Mayur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Consultant
Clubs

Damn..luckily you...booked mine almost a month ago and still waiting on delivery. What's the spec you booked?

McMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Awesome!

I’ve found the roof to be fine, it’s the windshield that’s the problem. I’m going to go back to get the windshield tinted 70% or 80%. Had all the side and back windows done already.

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
i needed another vehicle, and could not wait any longer for the R1S. was gonna buy an EQS580, but got access to R1 shop same evening.
found an acceptable R1s, different color and equipment (not complaining). happy to get it after such a long wait.

i’m can pick it up Thursday. hooray, its finally happening, and my daughter now gets my Honda Accord.

Congratulations! What’s are the specs to the one you picked up?

OP
OP

DallasRivianR1S

First Name
Krispi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
big wheel
Occupation
donut maker
Awesome!

I’ve found the roof to be fine, it’s the windshield that’s the problem. I’m going to go back to get the windshield tinted 70% or 80%. Had all the side and back windows done already.
great advice. i will try that first

Sponsored

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
So far I haven't noticed any real issue with the roof. I do have 70% XPEL XR+ on the windshield though and that makes a huge difference.

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Agree with others. Roof is no problem, tint on windshield is fantastic.

McMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
So far I haven't noticed any real issue with the roof. I do have 70% XPEL XR+ on the windshield though and that makes a huge difference.
Is 70% barely noticeable? My installer has 70% or 80%, not sure I’ll be able to tell the difference but suspect 70% will block heat slightly better.

Sponsored

nukem384

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3/Rivian R1S
Did you ask for R1 shop access? If so, how long did it take for you to get it? I'm trying to get in, asked CS and they "put me on the list" but couldn't say if I'd ever even get access.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Is 70% barely noticeable? My installer has 70% or 80%, not sure I’ll be able to tell the difference but suspect 70% will block heat slightly better.
Yeah, 70 is barely noticeable. I've had zero problems at night, still have to wear my sunglasses during the day, etc. I don't see any downside to going with 70.

tgo10000

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e, r1t, r1s
Agree windshield is the problem, I drive our R1S 90 degrees weather last weekend and my arms were always hot, we had our r1t tinted not the roof and I had forgotten how big of a difference. R1S getting tint right now…

itselectric

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evhelphub.com
Vehicles
R1T
I drove the R1T in Texas last summer. Here's a very underrated feature that I don't see many talking about.

I found the R1T to be amazingly insulated. It takes a bit for the AC to get there and it is quite loud, but once the cabin cools off, it says cool for quite a while.

Though I didn't notice the glass roof to be too bothersome, on my next R1T I will be adding a tint to it, I think. But you can easily live without (just pre-cool the cabin before getting in).

Jshwon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Midnight Black Mountain + Dark Ash
Clubs

Congrats on the access. I have a R1T on order with shop access but considering switching to the r1s. So it sounds like there’s availability for the S as well?
Sponsored