Sponsored

July 2022 Reservation and Invited to First Mile

Moddyhank82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 45e - Kia EV6
As the tittle of the thread states, I just got invited to the First Mile test drive. While I am happy to get to experience the R1T, I am a little suprised that I got invited at all considering it has only been couple of weeks since I placed my order. Is it because I live close to the Denver SC? Does the First Mile invite have any indication as to where I might be within Rivian’s order process (i.e will I maybe get R1 Shop access soon?)
Sponsored

Mathme

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
I joined this month and haven't received any additional detail about the First Mile. I live near the South San Francisco SC.

Aka_Buck

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3P, 530e
Occupation
Work
Just got my first mile invite email for the El Segundo service center and I have Nov-Dec del window. Scheduled for August 16th! Pumped.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
The 45 minutes flies by! Spend your time behind the wheel as much as you can.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

As the tittle of the thread states, I just got invited to the First Mile test drive. While I am happy to get to experience the R1T, I am a little suprised that I got invited at all considering it has only been couple of weeks since I placed my order. Is it because I live close to the Denver SC? Does the First Mile invite have any indication as to where I might be within Rivian’s order process (i.e will I maybe get R1 Shop access soon?)
At thus rate your 8 steps will open a week after the drive.....truck delivered 6 weeks after that.

Sponsored

JediKnight

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX
I joined this month and haven't received any additional detail about the First Mile. I live near the South San Francisco SC.
That's really weird since I put my reservation in this month and got the First Mile e-mail today. I live in the South Bay

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I got an invite for El Segundo service center too today. I think it just went out to everyone in the region. I actually got a mobile test drive back in March too.

Sattman69

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘19 4Runner Limited, toytec lift & power brakes
Occupation
Consult/Project Manager
I placed my preorder 3/20/22. I got the First Mile invite in May and took the drive in early June. Also in Denver and very close to SC.
Nothing new since that time. But I did text with Rivian support a couple weeks later to inquire about the correlation of First Mile invite and expected contact from a Guide. It was suggested that I could hear something in “late summer” and expect R1T by end of year to Q1 2023.
I’ve concluded there is no correlation and the First Drive is more related to your local SC inventory of loaners and staff. Denver had 6-8 loaners or First Mile trucks and a fair number of staff - probably churning through the list faster than some locations.

Last edited:

Sponsored

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
First mile invites have nothing to do with guide contact. There are plenty of folks on this forum that have done first mile in 2021 and are still waiting. I did my first mile three months ago.

First mile invites have everything to do with first mile availability and geographical proximity.

That being said, enjoy it. 45 minutes will fly by, and it was SO MUCH FUN. I wish I could do another.

mpw81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5 PHEV

They've been doing drives in Denver since at least April. I'm sure they've just worked their way through the list of local people. Back in April/May, there were a lot of posts from people near the active service centers wondering why they couldn't even get a drive. Those posts seem to have been replaced by "when will I get a guide contact." I'd be surprised if there were people with 2021 and earlier orders in the Denver metro that haven't had a drive yet, but I suppose it's possible. We've all learned that the Rivian algorithm can work in mysterious ways.

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mercedes EQS SUV
They've been doing drives in Denver since at least April. I'm sure they've just worked their way through the list of local people. Back in April/May, there were a lot of posts from people near the active service centers wondering why they couldn't even get a drive. Those posts seem to have been replaced by "when will I get a guide contact." I'd be surprised if there were people with 2021 and earlier orders in the Denver metro that haven't had a drive yet, but I suppose it's possible. We've all learned that the Rivian algorithm can work in mysterious ways.
I have an 11/2020 order but originally for an R1S. I just switched to the R1T at the beginning of July and just requested an invite to a Denver First Mile event. No word yet.

mpw81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5 PHEV
I have an 11/2020 order but originally for an R1S. I just switched to the R1T at the beginning of July and just requested an invite to a Denver First Mile event. No word yet.
Interesting. Is your handle a good representation of your location?

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mercedes EQS SUV
Interesting. Is your handle a good representation of your location?
Yep. About 75 miles from the service center.
Sponsored