Sponsored

July 2022 Reservation and Invited to First Mile

mpw81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5 PHEV
Right. Well, I'd hope they would at least entertain a suggestion to do the drive at the service center.
Sponsored

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
Right. Well, I'd hope they would at least entertain a suggestion to do the drive at the service center.
I've been tempted to switch to my brother's address in Denver to see if I get a moved up delivery window. Maybe even a First Drive event. Customer service is no help and basically says I should get an update by the end of the year even thought I switched to an R1T.

OP
OP

Moddyhank82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 45e - Kia EV6
OP here, just did my first mile drive. Great truck, drives super tight and nimble for its size. Commanding driving position and visibility like a Range Rover. Heavier than expected steering (almost like an E90 3 series). Glass roof with no cover lets a lot of heat through (big pet peeve of mine with the Model 3 I used to own) and no amount of tinting is going to prevent the glass itself from heating (or cooling in the winter) and then radiating it down toward the passengers' heads.

I asked the Rivian employee who accompanied us if the first mile drive is a sign of progress for my order and she said there is no connection. So like the others, who have answered my question on this thread before, we have also official confirmation that there is no correlation between the test drive and delivery timeline...

Siguy90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I have an 11/2020 order but originally for an R1S. I just switched to the R1T at the beginning of July and just requested an invite to a Denver First Mile event. No word yet.
Pretty much the same for me except I am an Oct 21 preorder. I switched from R1S to R1T at the beginning of July and I have asked CS if there are any First Mile drives available and they said there are none available for my account at the moment.

OP
OP

Moddyhank82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 45e - Kia EV6
OP here, looks like I will be doing a second first mile drive (second mile drive?) in two weeks. I am hoping each drive gets me closer to an actual truck, maybe someone in corporate will say sell this man a truck so he stops taking precious test drive slots...

Sponsored

OP
OP

Moddyhank82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 45e - Kia EV6
Quick follow up after my second test drive. Denver SC has multiple R1S cars getting prepared for delivery. My drive guide also mentioned that they have had as many as 15 deliveries a day and most of the deliveries were ahead of expected delivery windows.

Warmoth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S GW 20
Quick follow up after my second test drive. Denver SC has multiple R1S cars getting prepared for delivery. My drive guide also mentioned that they have had as many as 15 deliveries a day and most of the deliveries were ahead of expected delivery windows.
They just got a R1S in white with BM and three more R1Ts.

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Underpromising and overdelivering.... That's sooooo RIVIAN

Warmoth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S GW 20
There was a delivery truck with some new Rivians on it as I was leaving around 10:30 this morning…
I was there around noon and that's when the semi pulled in with more R1ts and the R1s. Should've taken a picture.

milliemc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
retired
Clubs

As the tittle of the thread states, I just got invited to the First Mile test drive. While I am happy to get to experience the R1T, I am a little suprised that I got invited at all considering it has only been couple of weeks since I placed my order. Is it because I live close to the Denver SC? Does the First Mile invite have any indication as to where I might be within Rivian’s order process (i.e will I maybe get R1 Shop access soon?)
Yourr stars must be aligned!

milliemc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
retired
Clubs

I have an 11/2020 order but originally for an R1S. I just switched to the R1T at the beginning of July and just requested an invite to a Denver First Mile event. No word yet.
Can anyone request a First Mile drive?
Sponsored