Sponsored

Jul-Sep 2022 Delivery Group (Pre price hike)

PAFDenver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Baja
Occupation
retired
Same here. I have been looking at the changes people have reported in a different thread about the email and I can't make any sense out of the "logic" behind it. Sounds like lots of us Jul-Sep people got pushed back but many Oct-Dec or even 2023 people got pulled up to Jul-Sep. And I don't see anything in the configs that stands out.
I now have to decide if I want to go back to OC interior (what I really want) since I am this far back and people with OC have been told Aug timeframes. I wonder how that works. Do you get another email with your new config window or just stay where you are?
Sponsored

OP
OP
EVTrucking

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

Same here. I have been looking at the changes people have reported in a different thread about the email and I can't make any sense out of the "logic" behind it. Sounds like lots of us Jul-Sep people got pushed back but many Oct-Dec or even 2023 people got pulled up to Jul-Sep. And I don't see anything in the configs that stands out.
I now have to decide if I want to go back to OC interior (what I really want) since I am this far back and people with OC have been told Aug timeframes. I wonder how that works. Do you get another email with your new config window or just stay where you are?
I was pushed back to 2H2023 but my configuration is currently locked. I am also thinking that I will change my configuration to OC when it is unlocked.

Also my chat is restricted to my guide. Hopefully Rivian will straighten it out in the coming months.

My interpretation of my 1+ yr push (3/21 pre order) out is that R1S will be shipping soon and that Rivian is not expecting 2023 to be any better than 2022.

I also think Rivian will not be upset with pre price hike folks canceling. They may very well hope that Ford draws some folks away.

My location (Boise ID, population 800,000) seems to be a big factor in my long delay. Rivian finally figured out that their initial service plan (mobile units) is pie in the sky. One advantage the legacy OEMs have are dealerships. They are everywhere. For the record I am not generally in favor of dealerships.

Last edited:

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

I understand that it’s upsetting to be pushed back and feel for you, but in reality you were getting an extremely early delivery compared to your “order” date of 3/21. You were ahead of a lot of people with “orders” going back all the way to November 2018. I do think that you’ll most likely will get your truck earlier than this new window.
I’m not certain that writhing the same thing a dozen times on different threads will make much change on rivian’s side but I guess it’s worth a try

As for OC, our guide confirmed no deliveries before fall, stating than it would not be before very late September at best. We’re sticking with OC makes the pretty small interior look much bigger and airy.

OP
OP
EVTrucking

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

I understand that it’s upsetting to be pushed back and feel for you, but in reality you were getting an extremely early delivery compared to your “order” date of 3/21. You were ahead of a lot of people with “orders” going back all the way to November 2018. I do think that you’ll most likely will get your truck earlier than this new window.
I’m not certain that writhing the same thing a dozen times on different threads will make much change on rivian’s side but I guess it’s worth a try

As for OC, our guide confirmed no deliveries before fall, stating than it would not be before very late September at best. We’re sticking with OC makes the pretty small interior look much bigger and airy.
Actually I have posted many times that I thought I did not belong in the Jul-Sep 2022 window and that 2023 was more appropriate for my pre order date. Folks with pre order dates earlier than mine should get their R1 before me, which I have advocated numerous times. BTW I started this thread and said as much in my opening post

What does frustrate me are that a fair number of folks got their R1 who had pre order dates long after mine and that of folks who pre ordered long before me.

I estimate that when I pre ordered I was around 38,000th in line (R1T+R1S). Hence, since Rivian projects my delivery to be 2H2023 then they expect 14-16k in 2022 and another 14-16k in 2023. That is the basis of my comment that Rivian expects to do about the dame as 2022 in 2023.

My comment regarding Rivian not caring about losing pre price hike folks is based on logic and a complaint directed at Rivian.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

Actually I have posted many times that I thought I did not belong in the Jul-Sep 2022 window and that 2023 was more appropriate for my pre order date. Folks with pre order dates earlier than mine should get their R1 before me, which I have advocated numerous times. BTW I started this thread and said as much in my opening post

What does frustrate me are that a fair number of folks got their R1 who had pre order dates long after mine and that of folks who pre ordered long before me.

I estimate that when I pre ordered I was around 38,000th in line (R1T+R1S). Hence, since Rivian projects my delivery to be 2H2023 then they expect 14-16k in 2022 and another 14-16k in 2023. That is the basis of my comment that Rivian expects to do about the dame as 2022 in 2023.

My comment regarding Rivian not caring about losing pre price hike folks is based on logic and a complaint directed at Rivian.
Well done on starting the thread :)
I think Rivian would prefer selling trucks no matter what the price is. Losing their original fan base is probably not what they’re looking for but I get your point.
That being said, sorry for derailing the thread.
So far, no email for us so I guess I still belong to this delivery window - even though I’d much rather not be in the early batch of deliveries and I’m still in the honeymoon phase with my Raptor (despite gas prices).

Sponsored

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

Well, I got my delivery date moved up from July 2 to tomorrow, June 18. It seems Rivian can underpromise and over-deliver.

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
Well, I got my delivery date moved up from July 2 to tomorrow, June 18. It seems Rivian can underpromise and over-deliver.
End of Qtr Push!

Reactions: Zac

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

R1 shop transaction?

Sponsored

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

R1 shop transaction?
No, my original configuration. I was matched at the end of April. So, it did take 6 weeks or so. However, once the vehicle factory gated, everything moved along very quickly!

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

No, my original configuration. I was matched at the end of April. So, it did take 6 weeks or so. However, once the vehicle factory gated, everything moved along very quickly!
Fantastic....!!!!

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Maybe they finally learned to underpromise....overdeliver....DMV style.

OP
OP
EVTrucking

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

Update:

- Assigned guide on 6/9 which completely blew me away since my delivery window was pushed to 2H2023. So far my guide has been very responsive and helpful.
- Conference call with Rivian regarding insurance (Nationwide) and promptly received a quote. Turns out to be a considerable savings over my current insurance company (Liberty Mutual).
- Text message today that my R1T/Adventure/Large Pack/FG/MB/21" Road, will be delivered from SLC Monday 6/27 provided all goes well with the pre inspection. Last 4 digits of VIN are 6920.
- Now that I have a delivery date and VIN I can get insurance and complete the 8 step.

I think I am more stunned than anything else as I was not expecting to get my R1T until next year.

It is not in my driveway yet and a lot can happen between now and then.

huskybrewing

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Clubs

Got my eight step email today at like 3am. Was in July to Sept group, then Sept to Oct delivery, now have a VIN. Guide probably won’t get back to me until Monday, he deserves a weekend too, but hoping to take delivery in July. Stoked. My VIN is 73xx.
Sponsored