Sponsored

Jul-Sep 2022 Delivery Group (Pre price hike)

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Has anyone been able to get a second key fob?

My wife and I are thinking of going old school and disabling the phone key and just using the fob.
Probably gonna be a while...
Sponsored

OP
OP
EVTrucking

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

How much regen?
Hmm tough to explain the amount of Regen.

I have only used the highest regen and cannot speak to the standard setting.

Using High regen the truck will slow and stop quickly if you remove all pressure from the accelerator. It feels like hard braking but not panic breaking. I find the sensitivity of the accelerator to be very controllable.

We have a Kia EV6 and comparing 1 pedal I like the R1T better because it has stronger resistance when you need it. But otherwise they are comparable.

Not sure any of what I said helps.

I will check out Standard regen and post back.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Using High regen the truck will slow and stop quickly if you remove all pressure from the accelerator. It feels like hard braking but not panic breaking. I find the sensitivity of the accelerator to be very controllable.

We have a Kia EV6 and comparing 1 pedal I like the R1T better because it has stronger resistance when you need it. But otherwise they are comparable.

Does Moving from standard to high regen or vice versa cause any more /less stress on drive train...motors...etc????

OP
OP
EVTrucking

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

Does Moving from standard to high regen or vice versa cause any more /less stress on drive train...motors...etc????
Not sure if it does or not. I suspect it does not.

We frequently switch between several different regen settings in our Kia EV6 without issues.

OP
OP
EVTrucking

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

A few software requests:

1. Automatically turn front cameras on when entering garage. (Kia EV6 does this)

2. Ability to lower truck height with Rivian app.

3. Add drive mode, ride and Regen to user profile.

4. Set amount of time blinker stays on when changing lanes. (Kia EV6 does this)

5. Set speed limit warnings. (EV 6 lets you set over and under notifications)

5. Ability to disable truck if stolen. (EV6 has this feature)

263 miles and still smiling. In today’s environment $76k is a bargain when compared to available EV and ICE trucks with comparable features, performance and finishes.

Sponsored

Legi0n

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Blue
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I was in this delivery group. I think living in western WA helped, but I got my R1T a month ago sooner than expected. I'm still amazed and love driving it every day. I have about 3k miles and have gone on multiple long road trips. Next week hope to visit 6 states on a road trip. I have two thoughts: 1) Buy the good floor mats. What they came with didn't last two weeks and 2) I live in Seattle and park my R1T outside and it is too hot. The moonroof lets in too much heat. I'm not sure why I haven't heard folks in hotter places complaining, I guess they park indoors. It does cool quickly but it gets hot. I love every mile I have had so far.

OP
OP
EVTrucking

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

I asked my guide how to input suggestions and she responded that she would be glad to get them to the right folks in Rivian. I encourage everyone with suggestions to not only post in the forums but to also send them to their guides.

My Suggestions So Far:
1. Automatically turn front cameras on when entering the garage or parking space. (Kia EV6 does this)
2. Ability to lower truck height with Rivian app. Or offer running boards in the gear shop.
3. Add drive mode, ride (soft or hard), Regen and truck height to the user profiles.
4. Set amount of time blinker stays on when changing lanes. (Kia EV6 does this)
5. Set speed limit warnings. (EV 6 lets you set over and under notifications)
6. Ability to disable the truck if stolen. (EV6 has this feature)
7. Ability to auto park in a mapped space such as in a garage.
8. When placing the truck in park and exiting, the driver's seat position should move to a home position that allows greater access. Example: I am shorter than my wife so when she goes to use the truck the seat is too close to the steering wheel for her to comfortably get in the truck.
9. Using the Rivian app execute a 360 degree image of the truck. We have found this to be very handy with our EV6.
10. Add face recognition to the Rivian app.
11. Ability to activate horn and lights from the Rivian app.
12. Set charging limits and time of day to charge, to the Rivian app.
13. Provide two key fobs and the option to choose the key fobs as Primary and phone as secondary.

R1TFTW

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

Is your EV6 RWD or AWD (huge difference in feel)?

R1TFTW

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
It is a GT-Line AWD.

3,332 miles and not a single issue. It has been a pleasure.
Awesome. I have WND AWD. Over 7K miles. Also running great so far. Very fine car. Still waiting on my rivian though. Hopefully they call my number soon.

Sponsored

OP
OP
EVTrucking

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

Awesome. I have WND AWD. Over 7K miles. Also running great so far. Very fine car. Still waiting on my rivian though. Hopefully they call my number soon.
I think you will really enjoy your Rivian, I know that I do.

The Kia EV6 software is not perfect but is more mature than Rivian’s and is understandable. Rivian will get there and surpass.

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

Quick update for the thread: I have a August - September delivery window and today received a guide, despite the factory being shut down for the holiday (I believe).

Haven’t heard anything yet but very excited for things to start moving. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for August instead of September.

schwartz83

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Manager
Quick update for the thread: I have a August - September delivery window and today received a guide, despite the factory being shut down for the holiday (I believe).

Haven’t heard anything yet but very excited for things to start moving. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for August instead of September.
Good luck! I was August - September as well. Guide contact on June 5th and took delivery on June 29th. Could have been delivered on June 22nd, but I wasn't ready because they just told me August/September! 😂 Might have been accelerated to deliver in Q2. 🤷

sickhews

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Subaru Outback

Hoping you have better luck than me! Got my guide 5/18 and no VIN/8-steps here. Going on 8 weeks since guide contact/PBA signing. Sending positive vibes your way!

Yossarian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telluride, Wee-Strom, Lynskey Cooper
Seems like most who have a Kia EV are happy and I wonder if that's a good sign for the company - and an ominus one for Rivian - given that the EV9 will go on sale next year. Kia is already road testing early production EV9's in Korea. Kia's recent track record is also pretty impressive, especially so in the SUV segment with the Telluride.

Kia did a great job with the Telluride even though it was their first foray into the near-luxury mid-size SUV space (at least for the US.) The Telluride originated from the Kia design center in CA and is produced in their plant in West Point, GA. The EV9 is also a CA design center product, and may be built at the West Point plant along with the Telluride, but that's speculation at this point.

In the interest of full disclosure, I'll confess that I bought a Telluride last year to replace my aging XC-90 when it became apparent that I had a much longer wait for a Rivian than I first thought. I'm frankly very impressed with with the Telluride's thoughtful design and generally excellent execution. While the Telluride isn't quite at the Volvo level in terms of comfort and overall quality, it's impressively close.

If Kia can pull off a similar feat with the EV9, it could be a tough competitor for the R1S. Kia projects 300 miles of range, but it's not clear what, if any towing capability the EV9 will have. What is clear is that it won't have the Rivian's off-road ability. For for many potential SUV owners, the lack of off-road cred may not not matter much, particularly if the EV9 can handle some gravel and is capable in the snow like the Telluride.

While Rivian presently has the SUV EV space all to itself, that will not be the case for long. Ramping up production is key, as is keeping quality high. The R1S is a great vehicle, as the recent reviews all indicate, and Rivian deserves a lot of credit. That won't mean much if new customers have to wait 24 months for one, and have something like the EV9 as an alternative.
Sponsored