Sponsored

Jul-Sep 2022 Delivery Group (Pre price hike)

OP
OP
EVTrucking

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

What do you mean by “new motors”?
Do you mean Dual vs Quad?
Are they changing the actual motors?
Looking at that comment now I am not sure if that is not a miss type or a mental glitch.
Sponsored

SkyFall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Subaru Outback
Occupation
Medical Device
I'm in this estimated delivery window July-Sept 2022 and just received this Rivian email notification. I believe all of you should had received ;)

Hi Chris,​

As always, our goal is to get you behind the wheel of your Rivian as quickly and efficiently as we can. These new updates to the purchasing experience are designed to help.
You will be able to confirm your configuration directly from your Account Page.
Until now, order confirmation has been a manual process completed only with help from a Rivian Guide. This new self-service option will signal to us that you’re committed to your configuration, which will streamline production and delivery planning. We'll alert you by email once the feature is available in your Account Page. You’ll also continue to have Guide support for order confirmation, and any other questions throughout the purchasing process.
There’s less paperwork to sign.
With the ability to confirm your configuration directly from your Account Page, you’ll no longer need to sign a Preliminary Buyer’s Agreement (PBA). The less paperwork the better, right?
You may have the option to pick up your vehicle at a Rivian service center.
Starting today, if on-site pickup is available in your area, you'll see it as an option during the purchasing process. Pickups will be available at 12 service centers initially, with more planned in the future. You’ll have a chance to visit us, meet the team and get a closer look at the service network that’s supporting you. Home delivery is still available.

We’ll never stop exploring ways to make ordering, purchasing and picking up your Rivian as fun as driving it. Keep the feedback coming.

Until next time,

Tony Caravano
Head of Customer Engagement​

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
nothing for me in the email; perhaps this is just for truck orders.

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I'm in this estimated delivery window July-Sept 2022 and just received this Rivian email notification. I believe all of you should had received ;)

Hi Chris,​

As always, our goal is to get you behind the wheel of your Rivian as quickly and efficiently as we can. These new updates to the purchasing experience are designed to help.
Until now, order confirmation has been a manual process completed only with help from a Rivian Guide. This new self-service option will signal to us that you’re committed to your configuration, which will streamline production and delivery planning. We'll alert you by email once the feature is available in your Account Page. You’ll also continue to have Guide support for order confirmation, and any other questions throughout the purchasing process.
With the ability to confirm your configuration directly from your Account Page, you’ll no longer need to sign a Preliminary Buyer’s Agreement (PBA). The less paperwork the better, right?
Starting today, if on-site pickup is available in your area, you'll see it as an option during the purchasing process. Pickups will be available at 12 service centers initially, with more planned in the future. You’ll have a chance to visit us, meet the team and get a closer look at the service network that’s supporting you. Home delivery is still available.

We’ll never stop exploring ways to make ordering, purchasing and picking up your Rivian as fun as driving it. Keep the feedback coming.

Until next time,

Tony Caravano
Didn't get the email, but just another thing that is coming s00n. Still haven't heard a peep about new delivery windows or them reaching out for what configs we are flexible on.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I got the email and I think a lot more of you will get it through out the day. They just don't send them all at once. R1S might not get it, but we'll see.

Sponsored

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor AWD, Ford F150 EB 4X4 Platinum 6.5ft bed

Hi Chris,​

Until next time,

Tony Caravano
Nope, this is before my time, I did it the old school way, with a Guide ; )

OP
OP
EVTrucking

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

I got the email and I think everyone will eventually get it.

Most of it is a work in progress. Being able to pick up R1 at SC is a good thing. For me it is 346 miles away.

Certainly does not help clear up the frustrating mystery of how Rivian chooses who gets a vehicle.

duessell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Chrysler Pacifica PHEV

Hi Chris,​

Until next time,

Tony Caravano
I didn't get this email but then since March I either get all communications much later than everyone else or not at all. I suspect this may have something to do with me cancelling one of my two reservations after the piece change.

It took longer than most for the original pricing to be restored on my November 2020 R1T reservation (not sure I ever got an email about that) and forever for them to reinstate my December 2022 R1S reservation.

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I got the email and I think a lot more of you will get it through out the day. They just don't send them all at once. R1S might not get it, but we'll see.
Doesn't look like this is the case. Never got the email.

Sponsored

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
strange. if it makes you feel any better, nothing has changed.
Maybe I can ask them to move me to the Oct - Dec group and see if that helps :D

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Seriously. I've been thinking the same thing. Or doing a second order to see if that one will get any traction.

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Seriously. I've been thinking the same thing. Or doing a second order to see if that one will get any traction.
I've considered that, but not really sure I want to pay 20k more to get the truck potentially sooner.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
I would pay 20k more... someone start a thread on this as I suspect I'm not alone.
Sponsored