lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

Today the JuiceBox went up and is online and ready to go. I am glad I am getting ahead of this stuff. Took over 6 weeks to get the JuiceBox and that is after 13 weeks for an electrician to come out. I am the kind of person who would rather have it waiting for when the truck arrives then be waiting for electrician's once it is here.

Rivian R1T R1S JuiceBox ready to go tempImageKKCGlt
Sponsored

thedole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Occupation
Brewmeister
Looks great and good planning. I'm working on scheduling a prewire for the Rivian charger, as I would like to have the full 11.5kw charging rate. The lead time is nuts for electrical work! There is even a back order on the correct breaker for my panel I'm told. I guess I'll have to figure out the final hookup once the Rivian box arrives on my own.

OP
OP
lefkonj

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

Looks great and good planning. I'm working on scheduling a prewire for the Rivian charger, as I would like to have the full 11.5kw charging rate. The lead time is nuts for electrical work! There is even a back order on the correct breaker for my panel I'm told. I guess I'll have to figure out the final hookup once the Rivian box arrives on my own.
Supply chain issues are my biggest concern that is one of the reasons why I went with a NEMA14-50.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Nice! Similar here. I installed a WallBox for my upcoming R1S. I already have the Tesla Wall Connector, but didn't want the hassle of using a 3rd party adapter for it. Plus gotta get that 30% tax credit while we can. Unknown if it will still be available for 2021 tax year.

Here's a pic of my set up ... once the vehicle arrives, I'll have to rearrange the nearby tools.

Rivian R1T R1S JuiceBox ready to go IMG_4886

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Nice! Similar here. I installed a WallBox for my upcoming R1S. I already have the Tesla Wall Connector, but didn't want the hassle of using a 3rd party adapter for it. Plus gotta get that 30% tax credit while we can. Unknown if it will still be available for 2021 tax year.

Here's a pic of my set up ... once the vehicle arrives, I'll have to rearrange the nearby tools.

IMG_4886.jpg
Nice Garage door opener...

Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Nice Garage door opener...
Thanks ... I have 2 Liftmaster 8500 openers. As you can see from the pic, they mount directly to the shaft of the door. Much quieter than traditional chain/belt openers, plus no ugly shaft going along the ceiling!!

thedole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Occupation
Brewmeister
Love the jackshaft openers. They are so quiet and smooth! The auto lock those require is pretty sweet too!

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Love the jackshaft openers. They are so quiet and smooth! The auto lock those require is pretty sweet too!
Yea ... the smoothness/quietness is great, plus MyQ connected as well. The extra auto lock (horizontal black box on the rail for those that are wondering) adds extra security. No way to jack the door open to break in ... Only way to open it would be to completely destroy the door if a burglar wanted in!

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Yeah, love mine too. Gave me the space to install an 8 ft diameter ceiling fan in my garage which is absolutely marvelous in the summer!

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S