First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
I hope the trend catches on. I have said hi to a few Rivian owners so far in mammoth and 100% were very cool. - I’m respectful not to say more than “do you like your R1X” as I understand you all are inundated with question. But I always get a great response. Anyway I look forward to flashing the finger guns when I get my R1S.
Obviously I can't speak for all owners but I still enjoy answering questions even, or maybe especially to skeptics. I get them a lot when I'm loading stuff in the frunk. You get a lot of curious looks and I always take 2 minutes to answer the common questions when people ask. I suspect most owners are eager to give a quick show and tell even if you've done it 1000 times and it's the 3rd time today.
Sponsored

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
In Texas, we are born knowing that when you encounter another car on a two lane road, you are expected to (at least) lift a forefinger off of the steering wheel to acknowledge the existence of another human being. If it's a particularly "lonely" road, it's all four with just the thumb still hooked to the wheel. It's just bad manners not to.

That being said, I've had my Rivian since 11/12/22 and I STILL have yet to see one...driving or parked...other than the one that I saw up in Austin two months before I got mine.
Which finger is it again? Just wanted to make sure because I've had a lot of people doing that. :CWL:

Sponsored

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

Please no. I park far away from the peasants, so please don't park next to me.

I do flash the hazards every time I see one on the road. it's a fun little hello.

foxerson

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'10 Outback, '11 328i, '23 R1T
Easter Sunday in the Alpine Meadows parking lot.

Rivian R1T R1S JFF: If you see a Rivian, you park next to the Rivian 2B989EF5-415C-48B8-BE96-8FF5481358E7

limestoneR1T

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23’ R1T, 23' Tacoma, 22’ X5e, 20’ Rav4, 09’ Lexus
Love the Rivian blue color.
Rivian R1T R1S JFF: If you see a Rivian, you park next to the Rivian CB2863AC-BC5C-4DCB-AA32-1A15649AC59D

jznd400

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT, Ram 1500
Last night was great! This morning was awful, I didn't stay long.

I passed a black R1T headed up there! I gave the turn signal and high beam wink, waved, pointed... And nothing back. Seattleites are the worst.
As a new transplant to the Seattle area, I hear you. This Seattle freeze is just the worst. As soon as I get my green R1T (you know, with quad motors and max pack...) I promise to finger gun every Rivian I see.

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Tundra/'18 Audi S6/'19 Rubicon/'22 R1T
On our way back from Grass Valley at the Rocklin EA, I squeezed our Limestone between the RB GW. Also, on my way back from Vegas on Sunday there were 5 R1Ts charging at the Barstow RAN chargers… I didnt stop as my truck has never worked on RAN chargers (it’s finally going in this week for that)
95C46E0C-031B-466C-8E34-4699A45F48A2.jpeg
I've stopped in Barstow several times and the CCS ones at the Tesla mega station (like 80 chargers) have always worked well. When did the RA station become operational?

Update: Never mind. I did, indeed, use the RA in Barstow after seeing a pic in a post above (coffee hasn't kicked in yet and so many charges driving to/from SLC, UT to SD, CA that they all started blending together). Without me even asking, a lady was even kind enough to move her R1T from the isolated charger for towers when she saw I had a trailer. And it was free!

Last edited:

Sponsored

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Tundra/'18 Audi S6/'19 Rubicon/'22 R1T
As a new transplant to the Seattle area, I hear you. This Seattle freeze is just the worst. As soon as I get my green R1T (you know, with quad motors and max pack...) I promise to finger gun every Rivian I see.
I've heard the same about Portland. My college friend moved there and it's definitely rubbed off on him. I give him shit about it whenever I see or talk to him. He just laughs and tells me to F off.

Belem

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Adventure, 1986 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16
As a Seattleite and a FG R1T, I'll be sure to respond.

I have a Jeep Wrangler (it's retired to FL now) but I always waved and responded to the "Jeep Wave" when I lived back east. In Seattle, I got maybe 10% waving/responding.

Don't take it personally; people here are mostly nice, it's just the we don't immediately show it. A native Seattleite would have a panic attack in the South with how nice everyone is to people they don't know. When I go back to GA, I find myself getting irrationally defensive when a grocery store employee says "How you doing, sugar? Have anything planned for the weekend?" lol

FirstStateR1T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list, I have a problem!
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

Kind of cheating, it was an Off Road Rivian GTG but we did park together too...
Rivian R1T R1S JFF: If you see a Rivian, you park next to the Rivian GTG

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
Rivian R1T R1S JFF: If you see a Rivian, you park next to the Rivian IMG_0451