Sponsored

JFF: If you see a Rivian, you park next to the Rivian

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Hey man, if it was me, it's because I was drinking coffee with my other hand. Otherwise I wave all the time!

Saw three in the space of about thirty seconds on Rainier the other day. And my first handful of R1Ses over the last few weeks. Get hyped!
If you're headed to Stevens Pass tonight or tomorrow, look for the Panther Plate! 🐆🌴
Sponsored

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Got my first door ding from a coworker who parked his Rivian R1T next to mine. Luckily it wiped out easily, but Gary got all of it.

Dude walked right past it all side eye knowing it was all recorded.
Well that didn't last long! Wasn't your coworker's fault. It was the OP who came up with the idea.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Going waterskiing? 😅
Last night was great! This morning was awful, I didn't stay long.

I passed a black R1T headed up there! I gave the turn signal and high beam wink, waved, pointed... And nothing back. Seattleites are the worst.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Last night was great! This morning was awful, I didn't stay long.

I passed a black R1T headed up there! I gave the turn signal and high beam wink, waved, pointed... And nothing back. Seattleites are the worst.
Yeah, I was planning to spend the long weekend at Baker (leaving today), but we are bailing on it. If I miss it I'll just put on all my snow gear and jump in the lake instead.

Atmospheric river giveth, atmospheric river taketh away...

Sponsored

JohnB R1T

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Certified Public Accountant
It's also mandatory to WAVE BACK WHEN ANOTHER RIVIAN WAVES TO YOU. Freaking Seattle people, man... Give you the cold shoulder even on the road in ridiculously fun trucks.
In Texas, we are born knowing that when you encounter another car on a two lane road, you are expected to (at least) lift a forefinger off of the steering wheel to acknowledge the existence of another human being. If it's a particularly "lonely" road, it's all four with just the thumb still hooked to the wheel. It's just bad manners not to.

That being said, I've had my Rivian since 11/12/22 and I STILL have yet to see one...driving or parked...other than the one that I saw up in Austin two months before I got mine.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Yeah, I was planning to spend the long weekend at Baker (leaving today), but we are bailing on it. If I miss it I'll just put on all my snow gear and jump in the lake instead.

Atmospheric river giveth, atmospheric river taketh away...
We had a limestone Rivian next to us Thursday at Crystal (not pictured), and a Lightning a few cars over. I guess not terribly surprising considering it is the only charger for 50 miles in any direction. I got a whopping 3kW most of the day, gotta love the new state of the art chargers….. lol

BTW: Taking face shots all day in the Crystal Backcountry Friday :like:

Rivian R1T R1S JFF: If you see a Rivian, you park next to the Rivian EA7C308A-EF46-4E57-9675-6BB64856B4E7

countab45

First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t white, locked tonneau in open position...
just got another one today at cbd outlets. fun game.

Rivian R1T R1S JFF: If you see a Rivian, you park next to the Rivian D9525A18-B00B-47EA-9700-6E04A933329F

EVnewb

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna, Tesla MYP, R1T
My wife saw a beautiful blue R1T about six months ago at work. We finally got ours just before Christmas. A few weeks ago she walked out to the truck and look who took the spot next to her! It’s a huge parking area too!
Rivian R1T R1S JFF: If you see a Rivian, you park next to the Rivian 1676178950262

Sponsored

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
I saw 4 R1Ts driving my son to and from school on Thursday. They’re everywhere around here. Really cool. More trucks than SUVs, but the S’s are starting to get more common.

Parked next to a lovely Canyon Red R1T tonight out at the harbor for dinner. I should have taken a picture!

Glongo

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S; Cayenne Hybrid; Sprinter
Occupation
Homebuilding
Let the family reunions keep on going. I met Steve at the local Safeway! My brother from another mother :)
We may have to have a local show-and-shine meetup once the rain is done.

IMG_4599.png
Why do some Cali Rivs have HOV stickers and others not? Just a request to DMV?

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Why do some Cali Rivs have HOV stickers and others not? Just a request to DMV?
Yes, you have to submit a request and pay $22 to get the stickers.

Edit: Just and FYI for those in SoCal that use the 91 Express Toll lanes, the Rivian does qualify for the zero emission program they have. Free most of the time and 50% savings peak times. Go to their website for details and to setup an account.

Glongo

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Homebuilding
I decided today that the Rivian wave will be finger guns
Saying pew pew is optional but highly encouraged
I hope the trend catches on. I have said hi to a few Rivian owners so far in mammoth and 100% were very cool. - I’m respectful not to say more than “do you like your R1X” as I understand you all are inundated with question. But I always get a great response. Anyway I look forward to flashing the finger guns when I get my R1S.

Glongo

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Homebuilding

Edit: Just and FYI for those in SoCal that use the 91 Express Toll lanes, the Rivian does qualify for the zero emission program they have. Free most of the time and 50% savings peak times. Go to their website for details and to setup an account.

thanks for the tip!
Sponsored