First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Looks good, but I don't understand the 'filler bolts'... Are they just to cover the holes in the mount, or do they have a purpose other than that? Did you modify the mount in some way behind?

And then...

Did you not want your dirt getting dirtier or something? :CWL:
The truck mounting point is unchanged/unmodified. Yes, I wanted to fill the holes and as an added bene, they provide additional stability and act as two additional spacers/collars to the one in the center.

Vacuum bliss explained: I purchased a Replacement head unit, but then fixed the old one. And, because pellet stove is nasty caustic stuff, I decided to use the old unit to service the most nastiest locations, like shit by the litter box, pellet stove, garage stuff, etc.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
March 21st Update:

A found a well-known aftermarket company who thinks they can custom make these in volume; possibly three kits (2pc, 6pc and 8pc). More to come…

Hopefully they will post the plan s00n. 😉

Last edited:

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Those look great! Definitely adding this to my "must do" list of mods once I get my truck. You can never have too many tie-down points. 🙃

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
March 21st Update:

A found a well-known aftermarket company who thinks they can custom make these in volume; possibly three kits (2pc, 6pc and 8pc). More to come…

Coming s00n….

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Any new mods?

Sponsored

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
March 21st Update:

Hello all - Just an update for those following/interested… It’s happening!!! 🥳

The aforementioned “well-known aftermarket company,” @EV Sportline has improved/finalized the custom Rivian tie down design of the OP prototype, and has also completed the initial production run!!! They are now offering premium build kits of 4, 8 and 16!

https://evsportline.com/products/l-track-type-cargo-hook-kit-for-rivian-r1t-truck-bed

Please keep in mind, the EV Sportline version is not just a “bulk buy” of parts used in my OP prototype, but rather a custom design for the Rivian R1 vehicles.

I ordered my set of 16, which will arrive on Monday. I plan to complete the full install and post another detailed,

“Jebinc’s installation and review of EV Sportline/1EV ‘must have’ tie down kits”

review, by Wednesday, June 5th.
Be on the lookout 👀!

Since I’m not sure of the “initial run” lot size, but for those interested, you may want to get your order in before my review hits next week, as they are currently “in stock” - not “pre-order,” like the sliders and running boards were. I ordered mine three days ago and they shipped next day.

That’s it for this update. Will post a link to the installation and review here, when complete (~6/5)…

Note: If you purchase these, please post your review and pictures here, as well as sharing how you plan to use these new tie down points, adventurously! 😀

Last edited:

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

Hello all - Just an update for those following/interested… It’s happening!!! 🥳

The aforementioned “well-known aftermarket company,” @EV Sportline has improved/finalized the custom Rivian tie down design of the OP prototype, and has also completed the initial production run!!! They are now offering premium build kits of 4, 8 and 16!

https://evsportline.com/products/l-track-type-cargo-hook-kit-for-rivian-r1t-truck-bed

Please keep in mind, the EV Sportline version is not just a “bulk buy” of parts used in my OP prototype, but rather a custom design for the Rivian R1 vehicles.

I ordered my set of 16, which will arrive on Monday. I plan to complete the full install and post another detailed,

“Jebinc’s installation and review of EV Sportline/1EV ‘must have’ tie down kits”

review, by Wednesday, June 5th.
Be on the lookout 👀!

Since I’m not sure of the “initial run” lot size, but for those interested, you may want to get your order in before my review hits next week, as they are currently “in stock” - not “pre-order,” like the sliders and running boards were. I ordered mine three days ago and they shipped next day.

That’s it for this update. Will post a link to the installation and review here, when complete (~6/5)…

Note: If you purchase these, please post your review and pictures here, as well as sharing how you plan to use these new tie down points, adventurously! 😀

Many thanks @jebinc for the idea 🙏🏻 looking forward to your review, as always!

Our bed is looking 🔥
Rivian R1T R1S JEBINC’s bitchin’ no rails tie downs mod! Screenshot 2023-06-04 at 9.56.27 AM

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

That is dope as dope can be.

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
That is dope as dope can be.
Tomorrow (when mine arrive) can’t come s00n enough! 🤩

And lest us not forget, the rings and their clips are easily removed/installed as needed, being a “L track” standard interface. So, you have many options and attachments available. I love these as you are not “stuck” having to install bed space consuming “Molle” panels or “track”! 😉

@EV Sportline

Sponsored

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Update: I asked @EV Sportline if they could offer members following this thread a “little extra,” and they said they would get back later today - if something extra can be done for us “pioneers”! Stay tuned!

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Update: I asked @EV Sportline if they could offer members following this thread a “little extra,” and they said they would get back later today - if something extra can be done for us “pioneers”! Stay tuned!

Just in! - @EV Sportline is offering an additional discount for the followers of this, and my review thread (to be posted in the next day or so, after I receive and install my 16pc kit). If you order the 16pc kit, and use the code, "JBSHIP”" at checkout, you will receive free shipping, this in addition to the posted introductory 15% volume discount (16pc set only). This code will expire on Friday, June 9th @ midnight

Enjoy!

Last edited:

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Orderered!

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
My kit arrived today and I must say I'm not really happy with them. They do not sit flush. Is this consistent with what others are experiencing? If this is how it has to be then I'm inclined to scrap them and go with a more traditional rail that I can mount flat against the bed sides.

Rivian R1T R1S JEBINC’s bitchin’ no rails tie downs mod! IMG_1511

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
My kit arrived today and I must say I'm not really happy with them. They do not sit flush. Is this consistent with what others are experiencing? If this is how it has to be then I'm inclined to scrap them and go with a more traditional rail that I can mount flat against the bed sides.

IMG_1511.jpeg
I’ve been too busy modding a cottage and haven’t installed mine. Thanks for the head’s up! I would suggest reaching out to them as they may have received a bad lot, etc. I will test mine in the morning and will report. I can say for certain, the prototype works well. I modified it a bit more since the original OP to make the design even better.
Sponsored

Last edited: