First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Hello again, fellow Riviarians! In addition to completing my @EV Sportline running board tread plate welting mod, parts arrived this afternoon for my much needed tie down mod.

No modifications or drilling into the truck! And more importantly, no “weak between mounting points when using L track (perpendicular to track loads)”!

For those interested, I can post a BOM and instructions later, however, as they say, “a picture is worth a 1000 words”!

Edit: I know I need to clean up the center countersink; just wanted to get the post up.

Eight added to existing recessed covered fasteners rear upper mounts for my cargo net!

Nope or dope? Vote in poll, please!

@twraps
@EV Sportline
@uthatch
@kizamybute'
@Belem
@madgrey

Rivian R1T R1S JEBINC’s bitchin’ no rails tie downs mod! 7CE99E08-B672-45B6-AEAB-E9C7EA919BF3
Rivian R1T R1S JEBINC’s bitchin’ no rails tie downs mod! 2639CF08-0936-463F-B2F9-B55D67B0B31C
Rivian R1T R1S JEBINC’s bitchin’ no rails tie downs mod! DD14DF7E-1418-433B-82DC-B0B4761E4088
Rivian R1T R1S JEBINC’s bitchin’ no rails tie downs mod! 97180127-ECC3-472C-B5CD-627C8370368C
Rivian R1T R1S JEBINC’s bitchin’ no rails tie downs mod! 85301854-6DB3-4AF4-8566-E59C0C4DD51E
Rivian R1T R1S JEBINC’s bitchin’ no rails tie downs mod! 895EE4CC-4417-481F-98FB-A8A9B62E3A33
Rivian R1T R1S JEBINC’s bitchin’ no rails tie downs mod! CA192B80-FADB-40A7-B8E7-D8A5ECA39105
Rivian R1T R1S JEBINC’s bitchin’ no rails tie downs mod! CC8889AB-9983-47ED-ACCF-20A9428C5670
Sponsored

Last edited:

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
It’s pretty bitchin!

Just pace yourself buddy…. I’m concerned that you are spending too much time in the garage.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Now THAT is bitchin!
Yep, split my single system into two. One for all inside carpet and the other to service all the “crappy area” ports (I.e., litter box areas, pellet stove clean out, laundry/mud room and garage, cars and trucks). Next up, “Planes, trains and automobiles”!

Sponsored

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Yep, split my single system into two. One for all inside carpet and the other to service all the “crappy area” ports (I.e., litter box areas, pellet stove clean out, laundry/mud room and garage, cars and trucks). Next up, “Planes, trains and automobiles”!
Oh, and that involved spending time in the garage, driveway, house, attic and crawl space!

I’m kind of feeling my age as everything is sore!

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
Hello fellow Riviarian! In addition to completing my running board tread plate welting mod, parts arrived this afternoon for my much needed tie down mod.

No modifications or drilling into the truck! And more importantly, no “weak between mounting points when using L track (perpendicular to track loads)”!
What?
I can only suggestion using separate sentences.
You have found tie-down hardware that fits the plastic bed liner where there's existing threads in the body.
You've drilled that hardware with a new hole to line up with the existing threads in the body.
A single threaded machine screw with a countersunk head connects the hardware to the body.
If wanted, someone could drill two more holes into the body and use self-tapping countersunk screws to add some alignment and perhaps strength.

Rivian R1T R1S JEBINC’s bitchin’ no rails tie downs mod! 1679185107894
Rivian R1T R1S JEBINC’s bitchin’ no rails tie downs mod! 1679185454451

I'd like to see Rivian offer bespoke hardware and I'd like a recessed, flush mount tie-down track along both bed sides with a load rating.
Rivian R1T R1S JEBINC’s bitchin’ no rails tie downs mod! 1679185567749

For that matter, there should also be full length lighting strips and "ram box" style locking boxes accessing the void space in the quarter panels around the wheel arches, at least as an option. I'd also want an option to stuff the gear tunnel full of battery rather than go without Max Pack in the quad motor.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Hello again, fellow Riviarians!
The correct term is riviots. Please identify us correctly or we'll cancel you 🙃

Also, get the F out of your garage today! It's been so nice and warm!

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
The correct term is riviots. Please identify us correctly or we'll cancel you 🙃

Also, get the F out of your garage today! It's been so nice and warm!
A Riviot is short for Rivian Idiot, no? 🤣. I prefer Rivarians, thank you very much! 😂

I did spend a lot of F’n time outside today; mowed two acres with my Ego Z6, washed and vacuumed two cars as well. Also, did the welting mod in the sun!

So, don’t AssUMe! 💥😆

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
What?
I can only suggestion using separate sentences.
You have found tie-down hardware that fits the plastic bed liner where there's existing threads in the body.
You've drilled that hardware with a new hole to line up with the existing threads in the body.
A single threaded machine screw with a countersunk head connects the hardware to the body.
If wanted, someone could drill two more holes into the body and use self-tapping countersunk screws to add some alignment and perhaps strength.

1679185107894.png
1679185454451.png

I'd like to see Rivian offer bespoke hardware and I'd like a recessed, flush mount tie-down track along both bed sides with a load rating.
1679185567749.png

For that matter, there should also be full length lighting strips and "ram box" style locking boxes accessing the void space in the quarter panels around the wheel arches, at least as an option. I'd also want an option to stuff the gear tunnel full of battery rather than go without Max Pack in the quad motor.
Yeah, Rivian woulda, coulda, shoulda, but didn’t. And I needed upper rear downs for my bed extender cargo net, so there ya go - 💥done.

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I did spend a lot of F’n time outside today; mowed two acres with my Ego Z6, washed and vacuumed two cars as well. Also, did the welting mod in the sun!

So, don’t AssUMe! 💥😆
2 acres?! You definitely don't live in Seattle.

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Where did you get these? I wanna do this asap
I ordered these for prototyping, because they were inexpensive and arrived over night. Turns out they are anodized black aluminum, vs. painted steel - and I wanted black anodized aluminum, so Inwill be keeping these. I got the M6 black bolts at my local fully stocked non big-box hardware store (Johnsons Hardware).

HERCOO Round Tie Down Anchor Point Kit Bolt on Track Fitting with Quick Release Compatible with Pickup Truck Motorcycles Snowmobiles https://a.co/d/7CL6ViS

Note: Many versions/variants are sold by many vendors, and they all have different dimensions. These just fit in the existing side panel depression, which is also what I wanted.

Last edited: