Sponsored

January 2022 Delivery Estimate Removed

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
I was having trouble believing that non-LE deliveries were going to start in January 2022, given LE deliveries aren't starting in earnest until March.

Well sure enough, just checked the Rivian website and all references to Adventure/Explore models starting delivery in January have been removed.

Where it used to say "Deliveries begin January 2022", it now just says "Reservations Available". And in the configurator, the language around delivery timing is completely removed.

Just a heads-up for those without a Launch Edition order.
Sponsored

ESTRUCK

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt EV-Kona EV+ORDERED R1T-Canoo PU-SilveradoEV
I was having trouble believing that non-LE deliveries were going to start in January 2022, given LE deliveries aren't starting in earnest until March.

Well sure enough, just checked the Rivian website and all references to Adventure/Explore models starting delivery in January have been removed.

Where it used to say "Deliveries begin January 2022", it now just says "Reservations Available". And in the configurator, the language around delivery timing is completely removed.

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes

I don't think those are one in the same. The configurator is for orders that haven't been placed yet. That doesn't mean January is still the right date for existing non-LE, but the configurator is eventually going to say 2024 or something like that for new orders. Non-LE will get their date next month though, so all will be revealed.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

well, the generic delivery window email that L.E. holders are getting today ends with this statement

"Rivian preorder holders with an Adventure or Explore Pkg will receive their vehicle delivery window before the end of the year." So right around Dec 30-31st you should learn that your window is not any s-0--0-ner than August 2022.

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
Will be interesting to see what they communicate by the end of the year. It seems like they plan to be making LE orders deep into 2022 based on what they committed to today. That pushes me into 2023 or beyond LOL and if thatā€™s the case Iā€™ll probably just buy something else. Oh well.

Sponsored

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired
well, the generic delivery window email that L.E. holders are getting today ends with this statement

"Rivian preorder holders with an Adventure or Explore Pkg will receive their vehicle delivery window before the end of the year." So right around Dec 30-31st you should learn that your window is not any s-0--0-ner than August 2022.
It would also be helpful to know what the R1S Maxpack does to the delivery window. Itā€™s been crickets on that front. ??ā€ā™‚

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
The disconnect between their email, and updating their website is entertaining. Apparently I should still be hoping for a January delivery despite every known third party launch edition reservation being pushed out to March.

They shouldn't have any excuse to beta test the non-LE trims, but I at least I now know that they'll be delivering those to employees and special third party customers for 6 months to a year before us plebes.

Rivian R1T R1S January 2022 Delivery Estimate Removed 1637710853293

It will be interesting to see what the *earliest* known delivery communicated in December will be. I'm guessing none of us will be before June, but likely September. So a 6 to 8 month delay that Rivian won't admit because they'll ship a handful to employees in January.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Will be interesting to see what they communicate by the end of the year. It seems like they plan to be making LE orders deep into 2022 based on what they committed to today. That pushes me into 2023 or beyond LOL and if thatā€™s the case Iā€™ll probably just buy something else. Oh well.
Yep. Really glad I grabbed an intermediate car, and that I'm still sitting on my Lightning reservation.

Temerarius

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X, 2018 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Occupation
Sr. Program Manager
Curious what you go for.

The only other vehicle on the horizon for me that would complete (and meet my needs) is the F150 Lightning... which... while I have been told to expect "Spring/Summer of 2022"... I ain't buyin' it until I see a VIN.

...which means, holding where I am and not cashing in on the chewy goodness that is the used car market right now on both my truck and Tesla I was going to sell in place of this.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

It's funny because when I looked late morning the delivery window was still January 22, then as you said I checked earlier to see if my delivery window was shown and... Gone, no more January 22..

Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

The disconnect between their email, and updating their website is entertaining. Apparently I should still be hoping for a January delivery despite every known third party launch edition reservation being pushed out to March.

They shouldn't have any excuse to beta test the non-LE trims, but I at least I now know that they'll be delivering those to employees and special third party customers for 6 months to a year before us plebes.

1637710853293.png

It will be interesting to see what the *earliest* known delivery communicated in December will be. I'm guessing none of us will be before June, but likely September. So a 6 to 8 month delay that Rivian won't admit because they'll ship a handful to employees in January.
Yeah, how I too see this going down,
Max pack deliveries starting late March '22 (assuming they aren't waiting again on epa bs) to "customers" when in reality as you said, same scenario where only employees see them for first 2-3 months then it's another 6 before you or I see it in our driveway.

bac4uw

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Dodge Durange R/T, Kia Soul EV
Occupation
Biostatistician
After today's email, I was left wondering about the 1000 R1Ts supposed to be delivered in 2021 according to the IPO... will *all* of these go to employees then? (or priviledged non-employees)

On my test drive last weekend, there were enough features locked out that made me wonder if everything wasn't quite ready for prime-time delivery yet. If there are medium-sized issues that need to be resolved, I'm okay with waiting a few more months for those other people to help solve the problems. Crossing my fingers that this is the final delay, friends and family are starting to doubt my story about this unicorn of a truck being in my driveway soon... ?

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
Curious what you go for.

The only other vehicle on the horizon for me that would complete (and meet my needs) is the F150 Lightning... which... while I have been told to expect "Spring/Summer of 2022"... I ain't buyin' it until I see a VIN.

...which means, holding where I am and not cashing in on the chewy goodness that is the used car market right now on both my truck and Tesla I was going to sell in place of this.
I am also curious what Iā€™ll go for LOL. I donā€™t have a daily commute so the current ride (allroad ICE) is just a grocery getter and mountain getaway ride. I could do that in a Tesla or any of the electric SUVs that are starting to hit the market. Just need AWD for the snow.

Unfortunately Iā€™m just not really an SUV guy. Had a BMW SUV before and hated the way that it drove. Thatā€™s why I actually like wagons ā€” they drive like a sedan but have the utility of a (small) SUV. If Audi made an electric allroad Iā€™m not sure I would have entertained a Rivian. I think the F150 is going to be too big and handle too much like a, well, like an F150 LOL.

I donā€™t really need another car until mid-2022, which is why I was somewhat hopeful that the timing would work out for me. Guess Iā€™ll wait to see what Rivian communicates at year end to the rest of us, but seems grim. On the positive side, the longer they delay the more choice there will be? (Now I just have to figure out how long to hold those IPO sharesā€¦)

OP
OP

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
I am also curious what Iā€™ll go for LOL. I donā€™t have a daily commute so the current ride (allroad ICE) is just a grocery getter and mountain getaway ride. I could do that in a Tesla or any of the electric SUVs that are starting to hit the market. Just need AWD for the snow.

Unfortunately Iā€™m just not really an SUV guy. Had a BMW SUV before and hated the way that it drove. Thatā€™s why I actually like wagons ā€” they drive like a sedan but have the utility of a (small) SUV. If Audi made an electric allroad Iā€™m not sure I would have entertained a Rivian. I think the F150 is going to be too big and handle too much like a, well, like an F150 LOL.

I donā€™t really need another car until mid-2022, which is why I was somewhat hopeful that the timing would work out for me. Guess Iā€™ll wait to see what Rivian communicates at year end to the rest of us, but seems grim. On the positive side, the longer they delay the more choice there will be? (Now I just have to figure out how long to hold those IPO sharesā€¦)
What about a fastback? E-tron GT seems like it would meet your needs pretty well.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

It would also be helpful to know what the R1S Maxpack does to the delivery window. Itā€™s been crickets on that front. ??ā€ā™‚
Maxpack is going to be crickets for a while (i'm calling it). With a lot of other manufacturers releasing new and more EVs over the next few of years, batteries are going to be a limiting factor. Only so many can be produced. And its going to get worse until battery production catches up to EV production. I'm sure there will be some oscillation but expect the recent chip shortage to shift to battery shortage.

Its probably one of the big reasons Tesla realized it needed to design the 4680s. They saw a bleak future of shortages coming before anyone else in the industry.
Sponsored