It's not just you, garage door software is buggy

CGM55082

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
PR
So there is no automatic opening and closing of the garage door based on the vehicle's proximity like Homelink?
Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
So there is no automatic opening and closing of the garage door based on the vehicle's proximity like Homelink?
Patience, grasshopper.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Just early adopter woes....nothing else

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

I haven't used the remote to train my car in more than a decade. Always have to use the learn button on the motor itself.

Boof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 2005 Prius
Works fine for me. Hopefully they work out the kinks on yours!

Gdorff

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Audi RS5
Occupation
Business owner / CIO
So on a related note, I have a gate to my community which has a really crappy little remote that seems to only send a signal to open the gate quickly then stops transiting..

I've always had trouble programming that little fob to any of my vehicles.. with enough time and cursing it eventually seems to get the code captured. That being said unfortunately that wasn't the case with the Rivian.

I thought about it for a minute and decided to get a cheap aftermarket code learning remote off Amazon and cloned the gate to this device. Then I told the R1T to learn this remote instead of the other one and *poof* worked first try..

So if you guys have automatic gates or something having shorter transmit times you might want to look up a 3rd party remote to clone your current remote to then try paining the truck with this..

I know it seems weird but it totally worked in my situation and now both my garage and gate work great with the truck.

Oh and in case anyone cares this is the device I used to work around my issue.

Best of luck everyone!
đź‘Ť

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Gladiator, Porsche GT4, and a bunch of bikes
Clubs

For what it's worth I have two older model Liftmasters, followed the instructions on the screen and they both worked flawlessly on the first try. No extra steps.

Sponsored

kneebuster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Hyundai Tucson Plug-in Hybrid
Occupation
Professor
Has anybody been able to get the truck programmed to deal with a Sommer opener?

BRadloff

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, Toyota Tundra, BMW 535
Occupation
Sales
I've been successful programming both garage doors and the gate to my community. The only problem I have is that when the systems goes through a reboot, it forgets all the garage door programming. Anyone else have this problem? It's a real drag, I've had to g through the programming process now 4 times for all 3 openers.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I've been successful programming both garage doors and the gate to my community. The only problem I have is that when the systems goes through a reboot, it forgets all the garage door programming. Anyone else have this problem? It's a real drag, I've had to g through the programming process now 4 times for all 3 openers.
What kind of reboot? I reboot the infotainment semi-regularly, and have never had this issue. If you are doing a full vehicle reset, you need to rethink your approach, as this kind of reset should not be done without specific direction from a Rivian tech.

BRadloff

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, Toyota Tundra, BMW 535
Occupation
Sales
What kind of reboot? I reboot the infotainment semi-regularly, and have never had this issue. If you are doing a full vehicle reset, you need to rethink your approach, as this kind of reset should not be done without specific direction from a Rivian tech.
I've only done infotainment resets, I've never done a full vehicle reset. I filed a ticket with customer service and they are looking into it.

Bobthebuilder352

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kubota
Occupation
Farmer
I still can’t get my gate or commercial doors (dumb 318mhz). Super annoying. Both work fine with homelink.
Sponsored