Darkon

Darkon

First Name
Christophe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G37x
It looks lovely. Can you tell us what else about the order---so I can order what you did, when my time comes... We've just been reserved since this July so I realize it maybe awhile.
That's the thing, this truck is luxurious by default, you don't need to add a premium package.

This is the Adventure model & Large Pack. Compass Yellow and Ocean Coast. I added the motorized Tonneau cover. That's it.
Sponsored

tyfly867

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
370z, Chevy Suburban
Great interior/exterior combo

Quattro Powers

First Name
QP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
It makes me smile, so I’m a big fan of your color choices. Drive it in good health!

Sacagawea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Cooper, Harley
I was nervous, I had never seen that color in person.

It was a gorgeous day, and the wait was very short. It suddenly appeared on the horizon, and oh my what a beauty. It is subtle enough not to be obnoxious, but still have a OH MY effect when you see it. People stopped by to ask about it ALL the time - I love it. After 4 days, I am totally in love. It is exactly what I expected and at the same time, the driving is unlike anything I have driven before. First EV here.

Almost a year to the day since I ordered, despite my Compass Yellow - Ocean Coast combo, I was surprised to get it so soon. Actually scheduled for the Oct-Dec window, I was able to get it September 23.

I have only one defect discovered on the way home, the 3rd brake light/safety at the top of the cabin does not work. I opened a ticket for it but not too worry about it.

IMG20220923115034 - Copy.jpg

Included a few for details of the new Ocean Coast interior. Wood is black now.

I had last minute cold feet about the "white" seats, but they are not really white, more light grey with may be a slight tint (looks bluer on the picture but that is my camera). The clearer interior of the Ocean Coast makes the truck looks even more luxurious.

img20220929131939-jpg.jpg

img20220929132049-jpg.jpg

img20220929131914-jpg.jpg

img20220929132101-jpg.jpg

img20220929132140-jpg.jpg

Help! From the beginning I liked the Compass Yellow. Now there are more posts, Instagram, YouTube vids with R1Ts. It's rare to see Compass Yellow but now when I do, each pic makes it look a different color yellow. When I asked Customer Service she said it was hard to describe but was NOT Taxi Yellow. Well, thank goodness. But what shade of yellow is it? Is it Toyota Cruiser yellow? Jeep yellow? School bus yellow? The same color as Yield signs and road stripes? When I look at the Rivian site and my configuration it looks to have a tan undertone to the yellow, not lemon yellow. Your first posted picture is more "Cruiser" yellow. Your last posted picture is more "Yield sign" yellow. Please help me. BTW I picked the same color combinations you did and the new OC looks good.

SUGGESTION TO RIVIAN: Make the water bottles in your Shop Store the same colors as your vehicles. Yes, that's right, I would actually pay to see the color of my vehicle before buying it. And it would make Rivian some $$ and the bottle would look great in my new vehicle's cup holder.

Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Help! From the beginning I liked the Compass Yellow. Now there are more posts, Instagram, YouTube vids with R1Ts. It's rare to see Compass Yellow but now when I do, each pic makes it look a different color yellow. When I asked Customer Service she said it was hard to describe but was NOT Taxi Yellow. Well, thank goodness. But what shade of yellow is it? Is it Toyota Cruiser yellow? Jeep yellow? School bus yellow? The same color as Yield signs and road stripes? When I look at the Rivian site and my configuration it looks to have a tan undertone to the yellow, not lemon yellow. Your first posted picture is more "Cruiser" yellow. Your last posted picture is more "Yield sign" yellow. Please help me. BTW I picked the same color combinations you did and the new OC looks good.

SUGGESTION TO RIVIAN: Make the water bottles in your Shop Store the same colors as your vehicles. Yes, that's right, I would actually pay to see the color of my vehicle before buying it. And it would make Rivian some $$ and the bottle would look great in my new vehicle's cup holder.
https://rivian.com/gear-shop/p/compass-20-oz-wide-mouth-bottle?sku=3P000111RBL030

Edit*
You asked, Rivian/Miir listened

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
I agree that the color matched OC air bag color looks kinda strange.

Last edited:

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

OP
OP
Darkon

Darkon

First Name
Christophe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G37x
But what shade of yellow is it?
I suspect that like any lighter color, its appearance depends a lot on the light & sun. More muted, darker in the shade, and more intense in direct sun. I call the undertone orange, but my friend called it gold. Because of that, I cannot give you a single object to compare it to.

Compared to the Rivian studio page, I would just say it is brighter, more vibrant, the website makes it look a bit dull. But at same time, it is not flashy obnoxious.

Sorry for not helping :lipssealed: