Sponsored

It's July 1, who get's a delivery this month?

rob0115

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model Y, Ford Raptor
Occupation
This and that
I may have misunderstood but I didn't think that the schedule had remained the same and the initial deliveries were in Jan 2022. If I'm wrong I hope to see one driving around soon.

As long as they deliver 2 actual vehicles this month, they have technically met their goal and they have billions of dollars they can plow into a buildout. It's a virtual certainty that most field service folks will be twiddling their thumbs for a considerable amount of time.

I think the next time we'll see an update on delivery timing is late this year when they push back non-LE vehicle deliveries until summer and include that in an announcement about how progress is on delivery of LE vehicles is "good" (or some other un-measurable metric) and that max-pack deliveries will start then as well.

I hoping to be wrong.

Also, it's worth noting that Tesla only delivered 3 Roadsters in the first two months of production.
If you are speaking of the original roadster they weren't really assembly line vehicles. They were getting Lotus vehicles and rebuilding. The early ones, maybe all, were hand built and Musk had said in retrospect they shouldn't have done it that. Nonetheless it wasn't a high production vehicle and was never intended to be. I think that Rivian's goal is different.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

A guy from Indiana on another forum, was provided this info:

"I am slated for delivery between July 22nd and and late August"

El Cap with Black Mountain is his configuration.
It would be nice if there were more reports of guide contacts from the Great Lakes region besides just this one. Most of the reports I've seen have been Washington, Northern California, and a couple in the Northeast. This makes random outliers like this one hard to believe, even though it stands to reason that the first deliveries should be in close proximity to the factory.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
If you are speaking of the original roadster they weren't really assembly line vehicles. They were getting Lotus vehicles and rebuilding. The early ones, maybe all, were hand built and Musk had said in retrospect they shouldn't have done it that. Nonetheless it wasn't a high production vehicle and was never intended to be. I think that Rivian's goal is different.
Yep, I know. It' was also their very first vehicle, and Tesla has consistently been identified as the benchmark for an EV startup / the path that we should all just be happy with by some on the forum. I'd sure hope they deliver more than ~125 vehicles this year. I'm hoping for ~5,500 or so in a post on a different thread.

rob0115

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
This and that
Yep, I know. It' was also their very first vehicle, and Tesla has consistently been identified as the benchmark for an EV startup / the path that we should all just be happy with by some on the forum. I'd sure hope they deliver more than ~125 vehicles this year. I'm hoping for ~5,500 or so in a post on a different thread.
I'm hoping your optimistic view (5,500) is the outcome. I'm unsure which electric utility vehicle I will get but I'm a fan of them all. I just think GM and the Hummer (not first editions) are 11/2023, Cybertruck has no date, Ford may do the Lightening spring 2022. Rivian will definitely be first in this segment but having not made up my mind I'm thinking the earliest I can get a Rivian would be spring of next year if all goes well. I'd also like to see the R1S with a max pack as an option. I'd pay the 10,000 for the extra range. I'd like to do some road tripping so that value is there for me at least.

Sponsored

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
I'm hoping your optimistic view (5,500) is the outcome. I'm unsure which electric utility vehicle I will get but I'm a fan of them all. I just think GM and the Hummer (not first editions) are 11/2023, Cybertruck has no date, Ford may do the Lightening spring 2022. Rivian will definitely be first in this segment but having not made up my mind I'm thinking the earliest I can get a Rivian would be spring of next year if all goes well. I'd also like to see the R1S with a max pack as an option. I'd pay the 10,000 for the extra range. I'd like to do some road tripping so that value is there for me at least.
The Hummer SUT may start deliveries in October, if so I bet GM out produces Rivian this year. There is a rumor that early reservation holders will be contacted this month. Non first editions are 11/2022, you are probably thinking of the SUV.

Ssaygmo

First Name
Sage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Next tweet by RJ/Rivian “hey guys, so we delivered our first vehicle. Congrats to myself on taking delivery of this fine automobile. Now we will continue parading them around and teasing you with photos and no concrete answers to any pertinent questions actual preorder holders may have”

rob0115

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
This and that
The Hummer SUT may start deliveries in October, if so I bet GM out produces Rivian this year. There is a rumor that early reservation holders will be contacted this month. Non first editions are 11/2022, you are probably thinking of the SUV.
Interesting I thought with the SUT each model was a year after the initial. I pre-ordered an EV3X a while ago but currently the web site says EV3X fall 2022.

Sponsored

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
Interesting I thought with the SUT each model was a year after the initial. I pre-ordered an EV3X a while ago but currently the web site says EV3X fall 2022.
I am wait listed for E1 and those start this fall. EV2X is fall 2023. My dealership told me that based on how the C8 corvette reservations have fallen off, they think I will be able to move up to the E1. I locked in the EV3x the first hour of reservations.

OP
OP
Jarico75

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

rob0115

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
This and that
I am wait listed for E1 and those start this fall. EV2X is fall 2023. My dealership told me that based on how the C8 corvette reservations have fallen off, they think I will be able to move up to the E1. I locked in the EV3x the first hour of reservations.
Yeah, I ordered when they opened them up and then modified it to waitlist for 1st edition. I'm not sure I can wait another year and half if I don't get moved up. Looking at the Rivian and Cybertruck as alternatives. The F150, while really nice, doesn't excite me.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
So Chicago folks to get first deliveries than seattle??‍♂
Could be. Since we have 0 deliveries, and no confirmed delivery dates, we're all just guessing.
Sponsored