Sponsored

It's July 1, who get's a delivery this month?

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

Wondering when and if anyone takes delivery this month. I want to be excited for and jealous of someone else. :please: Chime in with your thoughts.
Sponsored

MurryR1T

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T delivered 3-24-22
Wondering when and if anyone takes delivery this month. I want to be excited for and jealous of someone else. :please: Chime in with your thoughts.
I am going with no, unless you are Bezos or some other dignitary. No real deliveries til late August IMO

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Well that didn't take long to hit the forum!
If any member does happen to take delivery this month he/ she/ they will inherit the responsibility of de-facto guide for the rest of us... Lord help them.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

As Stated before for deliveries to happen we need to have the following items up at a bare minimum:

-Purchasing Portal along with Financing Portal.
-Final Color Options (Unless CS states pick a color and use 7 day policy if you dont like it).
-App (Not needed 100% but as stated several times to track your purchase, use as a key etc at delivery).
-EPA Ratings (Again not needed per say) but would be practically needed from a consumer POV to determine effects of range of certain options.
-Insurance (Not needed, but again as stated on their website would be beneficial to have).
-A Somewhat re-design on a outdated website to show all the information above in a current format.
-Logistics/Representatives to transport Vehicles and local field guides to teach users about vehicles.
-Finalizing car details
-Tour Guides/Programs Setup for road show etc.

I imagine that is just the externally customer facing items, now work your way back and imagine all those internal processes taking place to get all of that delivered. It will be crunch time if none of this is remotely ready. Some how I imagine the first people if in fact they do get July deliveries will be a very personal process with out a lot of resources listed above.

Last edited:

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
A guy from Indiana on another forum, was provided this info:

"I am slated for delivery between July 22nd and and late August"

El Cap with Black Mountain is his configuration.

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
A guy from Indiana on another forum, was provided this info:

"I am slated for delivery between July 22nd and and late August"

El Cap with Black Mountain is his configuration.
Indi-freaking-ana?!?

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I'm hoping a youtuber gets one, even if it's a loaner to promote Rivian. Would like to see the TFL guys or Sandy Munroe get one.

Kyle from Out of Spec or Tom Moloughney from Inside EVs as well. I believe they are the leaders in EV reviews or at least personally I love them for EV knowledge.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
The pessimist in me says nobody. As Kanundrum points out above, there's just too much missing info still, and every sign we've gotten from Rivian is indicating they're not even close to production.

Sponsored

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Kyle from Out of Spec or Tom Moloughney from Inside EVs as well. I believe they are the leaders in EV reviews or at least personally I love them for EV knowledge.
I'd agree with Kyle from out of spec, and he can def do some range test as well. I'm getting an R1S, so it'll take some time to get mine, but any early R1T holder could contact him and ride through the US and see any charging issues. We do get 1 week trial run ?

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

It's July and they didn't announce a delay (yet) so we're doing better than 31 days ago!
This is my take as well. It seems unlikely that they would announce another delay within the same month of the expected start of deliveries. Looking at how many employees they have onboarded in the last several months in positions for deliveries and repair, there are a lot of folks on the payroll that don't have a lot to do at the moment and I am sure they are very eager to get deliveries going and have some revenue coming in. That being said, I am still waiting for my guide contact.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
This is my take as well. It seems unlikely that they would announce another delay within the same month of the expected start of deliveries. Looking at how many employees they have onboarded in the last several months in positions for deliveries and repair, there are a lot of folks on the payroll that don't have a lot to do at the moment and I am sure they are very eager to get deliveries going and have some revenue coming in. That being said, I am still waiting for my guide contact.
As long as they deliver 2 actual vehicles this month, they have technically met their goal and they have billions of dollars they can plow into a buildout. It's a virtual certainty that most field service folks will be twiddling their thumbs for a considerable amount of time.

I think the next time we'll see an update on delivery timing is late this year when they push back non-LE vehicle deliveries until summer and include that in an announcement about how progress is on delivery of LE vehicles is "good" (or some other un-measurable metric) and that max-pack deliveries will start then as well.

I hoping to be wrong.

Also, it's worth noting that Tesla only delivered 3 Roadsters in the first two months of production.
Sponsored