First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
sales
Got the email telling me to upload documents for my new RT1.

What suggestions do people have to be 'ready' ? Ordered the wall charger, that is shipping out today!!!

EXCITED..

Get the utility mats? Do some cycling, get the roof mounts? Lemme know what I should be thinking and prepping for?

Have a charger installed at my office building?

Share!!!

Rivian R1T R1S It's coming!!!! rivian.JPG
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

What's an RT1 though?

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Congrats!

First thing you need to do is find out whether your truck has the Meridian camp kitchen or just the shitty Rivian Meridian camp kitchen.

Byulasfjazz

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Van
Occupation
Franchise owner
Get the floor mats, I installed them day 1 and it’s the best decision I made. IMO the R1T looks the most sporty with the roof mounts I also installed those day 1

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Second thing you need to do is start hunting for magnets in the Frunk. If you only have 1 shitty magnet, you need to return the R1T immediately.

Don't even ask what you need to do if you have the plastic trim piece instead of the wood trim piece behind the front headrests...

Oh - and definitely get the floor mats. You won't regret keeping those carpets fresh.

Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Make sure your Insurance ID card has at least a 90 day expiration date. Rivian has held up deliveries when the ID cards have less than 90 days exp. date.

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Second thing you need to do is start hunting for magnets in the Frunk. If you only have 1 shitty magnet, you need to return the R1T immediately.

Don't even ask what you need to do if you have the plastic trim piece instead of the wood trim piece behind the front headrests...

Oh - and definitely get the floor mats. You won't regret keeping those carpets fresh.
That 1 shitty magnet actually does what it's supposed to do

Sponsored

clownsmashd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T - LE Green/20" AT/BM -- Chevy BOLT EUV
Occupation
Data Scientist/Engineer
Clubs

We installed the crossbars on back of truck. Couldn't get the bikes to fit as they were too long. Moved bars to roof and mounted bikes. Went out for a ride. Very noisy up there as the bikes were just slamming into the wind. A little bit awkward getting the bikes up there even with one person balanced in doorway and on gear tunnel and other standing in bed of truck. Moved bars back to back of truck and mounted bike racks the farthest to the edge they could go. This works as the rim over the back of the cabin curves just enough the wheels now clear by about 2 inches. Much easier to load/unload on back of truck versus roof.

If I was going somewhere remote, not driving too fast, and had lots of other gear in back I would put bikes on roof. For more day to day use definitely in the back.

Kärsti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure, 20' AT tires
Definitely get the floor mats. I would avoid the roof mounted bike racks. I ordered them, and use them a total of 3 times. Efficiency went way down with bikes up there, about 30%, and the wind noise is all you hear. I tried them on bed crossbars as well, but my bikes are just a bit too long to fit. Hitch rack seems to be the best solution, less efficiency loss, and much easier than hoisting the bikes up on the roof.

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
We installed the crossbars on back of truck. Couldn't get the bikes to fit as they were too long.
Did you try facing the bikes in the opposite direction to see if they would fit that way?

Tucker74

First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Get your charger installed, download Plugshare/EA/Chargepoint apps, recommend the all weather mats, look into console storage trays … and get ready for big grins 😉

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
Congratulations, I hope everything works out for you.

The crossbars complete the look but are also very functional, get them.

The truck comes with functional mats, I ended up getting the 3D Maxpider all weathers as they have more containment than the OEMs.

At delivery, check that all the outlets work (bring an AC, 12V and a USB device that can test them), test all the app functions, make sure both sides of the spare tire lid latch properly, check your panel gaps on things that are hinged like the hood, doors, tunnel, tailgate. Make sure your phone, fob, and keycards are all functional.

Enjoy!
Sponsored